World Cup 2006 (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm looking forward to it, they just tend to show matches at weird times so I'll probably be at work but I'm going to see what I can.

Beasley will shut down Nedved. Mark it. I think Keller throws up a clean sheet and USA somehow scores a goal (probably McBride) to eak out victory against the Czechs.

yep! i don't pay much attention to soccer, but my two all-time favorite sports moments:

1996 Summer Olympics Men's Semi-Finals
2000 European Cup

its amazing to watch the crowd just as much as it is to watch the game. or match. or event. whatever you call it.

F

Fillmoe

i dont watch soccer too much... but seems like the racism by certain fans of the sport is turning some new watchers away from it....

piksi said:
I will watch all 64 games as I have since 1986
Since 1998 actually, there were less games before France ;)
Same goes for me, watching all the games since 1994.
Football is the real thing and the World Cup is icing on the cake.

But seriously, Serbia always has a surprise in store. This time it will be the only country to travel with 22 players and not 23. We are special :D
As if the Group of Death isn't bad enough.

And all the talk about USA beating the Czechs, dream on people...

piksi

Hall of Famer
Savo said:
Since 1998 actually, there were less games before France ;)
Same goes for me, watching all the games since 1994.
Football is the real thing and the World Cup is icing on the cake.

But seriously, Serbia always has a surprise in store. This time it will be the only country to travel with 22 players and not 23. We are special :D
As if the Group of Death isn't bad enough.

And all the talk about USA beating the Czechs, dream on people...
smartass

I will be watching and rooting for the gool ol' USA. I also will follow Spain (although their national team always blows it) and Poland (Brother-in-Law is Polish).

Go Germany! What an amazing goal by Frings! Too bad I hated how Germany played defense (good thing they had possession of the ball for the most part of the game), specifically the backline. Those 2 goals shouldn't have happened. Hell, one of them Wanchope was offsides. But whatever, Germany won and that's all that matters.

I hate Germany and I hope they fail miserably. Italy can join them as well.
I don't even want to talk about Spain...

Ajmo plavi razvalite Holandiju pa da pijemo!!!

piksi

Hall of Famer
Savo said:
I hate Germany and I hope they fail miserably. Italy can join them as well.
I don't even want to talk about Spain...

Ajmo plavi razvalite Holandiju pa da pijemo!!!
good list

let me just add Holland and Argentina to it

Status
Not open for further replies.