Wind in our sails!

Training camp is a stones throw away let's give this season the best chance at success! Fox took a stride last year he can continue to do so along with our boy Haliburton and Mitchell as well. We kept Holmes at a reasonable price and this is going to be the season things click for Bagley too. Not only that but DC & Bobby are going to be there making sure everyone is leaving it on the floor every night. Let's go for it and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

That wind has been blowing for 15 years and ain't changing direction with our one change of drafting Davion lol

Training camp is a stones throw away let's give this season the best chance at success! Fox took a stride last year he can continue to do so along with our boy Haliburton and Mitchell as well. We kept Holmes at a reasonable price and this is going to be the season things click for Bagley too. Not only that but DC & Bobby are going to be there making sure everyone is leaving it on the floor every night. Let's go for it and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!
Isnt Bobby going to be in Stockton?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
That wind has been blowing for 15 years and ain't changing direction with our one change of drafting Davion lol
If Walton changes his ways, anything's possible. No matter who they bring in, that's the only thing that truly matters.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Not without a massive improvement in team defense (and rebounding).
If they come in running the same defensive system they have little chance of being better enough to really matter but if they use some of the same pressure D they did in summer league there has to be major hope they can be much better. Also, they better not try and turn back into the all defense team Joerger put out at one point that had players burning themselves out by week 2. They need to simply apply more pressure and spread the heck out of teams on the other end. No major identity swings are necessary at this point.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Ugh i keep forgetting he’s our coach but at least there’s stability there for a change. I’ll give em one last shot
I can't believe that Walton is not going to be on a very short leash. He narrowly escaped last season with a bunch of as other people might call them meaningless wins towards the end of the season. This season the team needs to be putting up near 500 numbers from start to finish or I think he's done. With Avery on deck and Bobby head coaching in Stockton it just seems to me that they are building up a in-house replacement rather than having to hit the streets.

I can't believe that Walton is not going to be on a very short leash. He narrowly escaped last season with a bunch of as other people might call them meaningless wins towards the end of the season. This season the team needs to be putting up near 500 numbers from start to finish or I think he's done. With Avery on deck and Bobby head coaching in Stockton it just seems to me that they are building up a in-house replacement rather than having to hit the streets.
Made me check to see if Avery Johnson had been added to the Kings Coaching Staff. I'm assuming you mean Alvin? As in Gentry?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Massive identity swings are necessary at this this point.
Otherwise, it is just more of the same DNMTP.. Did not make the playoffs.
Maybe not though. You know who your stars are. You know you are a guard heavy team that had a TOP 5 unit when playing small. Build on the positives that were certainly there. Wiping it all away and starting from scratch is something you do if and when that fails. I don't think you can trust Walton as the coach with no major additions to the roster in the areas of need to start from the ground up at this point. Look what he did to that top 5 unit at the first sign of struggle? He put Haliburton back on the bench and let his ROY hopes die on the spot.

When a team has the worst defense in memory, major changes are necessary.
Changing the defense may take away from the offensive firepower somewhat. It may mean that the Kings play at different speeds to accomodate their defense. It may mean that they push the ball hard when playing pressure defense.
Improving the defense may change who gets minutes, how often they play 3 guards and who finishes games.
The defense may change a lot of things.