Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
to be honest, body language wise and from what he says, his profession may not be in basketball for much longer as far as I can tell
He never had the hunger or the passion for the game. That's something you either have or you don't. It's truly a shame, too, because we saw glimpses of what he could be if he really wanted to put forth 100% effort every single time he stepped onto the court.

He never had the hunger or the passion for the game. That's something you either have or you don't. It's truly a shame, too, because we saw glimpses of what he could be if he really wanted to put forth 100% effort every single time he stepped onto the court.
It is interesting too for players like Willie that something like desire and "motor" don't really seem to get better over time, they actually get worse.

So often we as fans hold out this hope that somehow one day they're going to suddenly get it and find this passion/drive/motor for the game. However more often than not (as the seasons pass by) they not only never find it, but they slowly lose what little of it they had to begin with. Next thing you know they're out of the league at 28 or 29.

It is interesting too for players like Willie that something like desire and "motor" don't really seem to get better over time, they actually get worse.

So often we as fans hold out this hope that somehow one day they're going to suddenly get it and find this passion/drive/motor for the game. However more often than not (as the seasons pass by) they not only never find it, but they slowly lose what little of it they had to begin with. Next thing you know they're out of the league at 28 or 29.
I can't think of a single Kings player other than Isaiah Thomas who maybe in the past 6-7 seasons left the Kings and got better DMC stayed the same and hardly helped any team win (like the Kings) WCS peaked in his first Summer League when he actually got a couple chasedown blocks, Mclemore still sucks, Stauskus out of the L, Patterson was a corpse till this year, Thompson out of the NBA, JJ still soft as and is lucky Dallas has no other SF's other than DFS and most these guys were ruthlessly defended on here.

The grass has been greener on the other side from the point of view of the people wanting all these guys gone, it was hilarious watching Luka just box out WCS and couldn't even jump for the ball on numerous occasions.

I can't think of a single Kings player other than Isaiah Thomas who maybe in the past 6-7 seasons left the Kings and got better DMC stayed the same and hardly helped any team win (like the Kings) WCS peaked in his first Summer League when he actually got a couple chasedown blocks, Mclemore still sucks, Stauskus out of the L, Patterson was a corpse till this year, Thompson out of the NBA, JJ still soft as and is lucky Dallas has no other SF's other than DFS and most these guys were ruthlessly defended on here.

The grass has been greener on the other side from the point of view of the people wanting all these guys gone, it was hilarious watching Luka just box out WCS and couldn't even jump for the ball on numerous occasions.
Well Coboclo and Alec Burks are playing pretty well right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article showed up on my phone yesterday and it's just sad that he doesn't get it. Considering all the players and coaches that were on the team during his tenure he probably doesn't even crack the top 5 scapegoats.

The bottom line is that if Willie honestly believes he gave his best then his best isn't good enough.

He has the ability, but does not show it much.
Very little change from his playing days here.
Actually he has changed, not much but noticeable. His mid-range shot has completely abandoned him. He has become tentative on offense. Probably because Warrior guards are very bad at pick and roll ball handling.

On the defensive end, he is much more engaged than he ever was. Contesting shots and rebounding in traffic. His DRB%, steal % and block % are all career high.

In general, he is a plus on defense and a slight minus on offense.

Article popped up on my phone this morning.
On the business side, the Kings decided to extend a qualifying offer to the center, giving the team the first right of refusal on any contract tendered from another organization. The Kings relented in late June, pulling the offer on the eve of free agency in a move Cauley-Stein believes hindered his options.

"I feel like that kind of screwed things up for me a little bit," Cauley-Stein said. "Because people didn't know. So, then it was just a waiting game after that, all the deals was gone by that time."
Jeeez dude, it's always everyone else's fault. Nobody knew you were going to be available and that's why you didn't get paid. Like the whole Kawhi thing never happened and everyone spent their money on day one. LMFAO

Also nugget at the end about how Joerger didn't talk to him enough about life and stuff.

I guess WCS just rubs people the wrong way, cause its not the production.

This game:

Holmes: 26 mins, 4-5 for 9 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1bl, 6TO
WCS: 30 mins, 7-9 for 14 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 6 stl, 0 blk, 3TO

This season:

------RH--WCS
PER 20.1 16.6
OWS 2.1 0.6
DWS 1.1 0.8
WS 3.2 1.3
WS/48 .205 .110
OBPM 0.9 -2.5
DBPM 2.6 3.3
BPM 3.5 0.8
RPM 1.96 -1.88
VORP 1.0 0.4
On-Off 14.2 -2.4

I have to give WCS credit for playing better D than he used to, but I also understand why he's not very missed.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

This game:

Holmes: 26 mins, 4-5 for 9 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1bl, 6TO
WCS: 30 mins, 7-9 for 14 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 6 stl, 0 blk, 3TO
Statistics do not tell the whole story. Things like heart, hustle, energy, effort and enthusiasm also come into play. Every time Holmes steps on the court, he puts everything out there. That matters a lot to Kings fans.

This season:

------RH--WCS
PER 20.1 16.6
OWS 2.1 0.6
DWS 1.1 0.8
WS 3.2 1.3
WS/48 .205 .110
OBPM 0.9 -2.5
DBPM 2.6 3.3
BPM 3.5 0.8
RPM 1.96 -1.88
VORP 1.0 0.4
On-Off 14.2 -2.4

I have to give WCS credit for playing better D than he used to, but I also understand why he's not very missed.
I was reacting to the reactions to last night's game when people actually watched WCS play. but yeah im glad we have Holmes as well, just saying in my opinion WCS gets overly criticized (like in last nights game).

Statistics do not tell the whole story. Things like heart, hustle, energy, effort and enthusiasm also come into play. Every time Holmes steps on the court, he puts everything out there. That matters a lot to Kings fans.
I like that we have Holmes as well. Inwas just commenting of the level of criticism Willie gets does not match his production. I think its his demeanor :). But yes, I love Holmes' energy and effort. I especially love his finishing ability. It seems that he always finishes around the basket (Willie has been know to miss a lot of layups). Holmes finishes both dunks and layups.

I like that we have Holmes as well. Inwas just commenting of the level of criticism Willie gets does not match his production. I think its his demeanor :). But yes, I love Holmes' energy and effort. I especially love his finishing ability. It seems that he always finishes around the basket (Willie has been know to miss a lot of layups). Holmes finishes both dunks and layups.
The 6 steals were nice last night, not sure what to make of it when the opponent is coasting. He had 6 and 4 at the half and I thought he would put together a double double but he only got one rebound the entire 2nd half. Which is pretty indicative of the main complaint that he just doesn't care on D. Not gonna knock the steals but I want blocked shots and rebounds from my big man and if Willie put forth half the effort that Holmes does he'd be an all NBA defender.

Also, first game against former team, typically a guy in his position who has been vocal about being unappreciated shows what he can do. Maybe he'll have a statement game in Sacramento, or maybe he'll just do it 5-6 games down the road. Why do today what can be put off until tomorrow?