Who's the Odd Man Out at the start of the Regular Season?

Which Player will not make it onto the Regular Season Roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the Kings roster stands at 16 guaranteed contracts this summer.

They will need to cut down to 15 players by October 15th, before the regular season start date in 2 months.

How do you think the Kings will do it, by waive, waive/stretch, 2 for 1 trade, salary dump trade?

So, who will be the odd man out come October 15th, the cut down date?

You can pick up to 3 players that you think won't be on the Kings opening day roster. ;)

Last edited:
I think it is a numbers game for Deyonta Davis. The Kings have too many big men right now. Unless he blows the Kings away in training camp, he would be the easiest to waive, considering his salary is minimal.

I think Ben Mac makes the team. We give another chance to make an impact coming off the bench.

Last edited:
I chose Davis but honestly it could be any of those guys. If a team wants to dump a big contract either for a quality player or an over paid one the Kings could mix and match those guys to provide salary relief for another team while picking up a good player or a 1st round draft pick.

Looking at salary I would go with Davis, then followed by Skal and mason.
Bens salary will be a good one later for trade bait to package with skal or mason depending who may come available to us for someone that we may want later.

I think they play Ben in situations like off the bench until he gets traded or released next year. Maybe we get lucky and if he actually plays well he may be a piece a playoff team needs.

Looking at salary I would go with Davis, then followed by Skal and mason.
Bens salary will be a good one later for trade bait to package with skal or mason depending who may come available to us for someone that we may want later.

I think they play Ben in situations like off the bench until he gets traded or released next year. Maybe we get lucky and if he actually plays well he may be a piece a playoff team needs.
No way I ship Skal or Mason before Ben. Ben should be the first one to go off this roster. Id like to see what we have in Davis. Zbong, Koufos, and possibly Willie should be gone soon.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Davis has some upside here. After this coming year, Koufos and Zbo are likely gone, WCS May price himself out, Davis has the makings of a nice reserve behind Giles and Bags. I’d like to see us move a big because of the logjam but when does Ben actually play? I don’t see the time for him.

Koufus is one of the last guys I would cut.
Anyone not named Fox, Hield, Bogdan, Giles, Bagley, or Jackson should be looking over their shoulders.