Who's gonna be your bandwagon team?

gunks

Hall of Famer
Kings suck...No denying it. And we're pretty much stuck with (un)movable pieces until 09 I believe..

Soooo...For those of us who dont like rooting for a team to lose, who's bandwagon are you going to jump on? Portland? Seattle? Celtics?

I think my temp teams are gonna be the Sonics and Bobcats, they should be fun to watch.

PS: I am still a Kings fan through these dark days, I'm still gonna go online and check the boxscores (I'm not in norcal anymore...So I get all of one national televised game to watch woohoo!) everynight to see how many points Martin scored and how many rebounds and blocks Williams got.

GO KINGS!!! (in 2012...or whenever the hell we're clawing our way back up again haha)

I am permanently on the KINGS bandwagon.

All other bandwagons are the enemy. I don't really care about all the hype going on with other teams....in fact, I far* in their general direction.

Whichever team Webber's on, Houston, Phoenix, and Boston. Those are the teams I'll watch besides the Kings. They'll be on national tv anyway which is good cuz I'm broke(no money for league pass) and I wont have a ton of time to watch the NBA besides the Thursday/Friday games.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I've mentioned before I will be keeping one eye on Houston, Portland and Boston, maybe Charlotte too. Always interesting stories around the league every year, even when your team isn't one of them. Its back to 1997. Or 1987. Or basically any year in between.

I'm a King's fan and they'll be the team I follow closest. However, I'm going to be watching the Rocket's this year also. It should be interesting.

I would love to see Jerry Sloan win a ring, but I don't think Utah has the necessary super-star player to get it all done.

I like Steve Nash, Raja Bell, and Phoenix.

I would like to see Rick Adelman win a ring, although I don't like the Houston players.

Golden State might be fun to watch again, but I don't really have a fall-back team.

Living in the bay area, I'll continue to ride the warriors bandwagon (lived here for 10 years now, so I've been warming up over time). I'm interested to watch the Rockets and Blazers. Intrigued by Boston, but hardly will be jumping on the bandwagon.

By the way, while we're only on one national TV game, I think all of the radio broadcasts can at least be heard now on khtk's website (unless there's some idiotic NBA radio rule that doesn't allow that kind of broadcast.)

Boston has been my other team for years now. But I'm still not sold on league pass this season and may just enjoy watching my local team during the regular season and the Kings and Celts when they are nationally televised or listen through the radio. Otherwise I just root for teams based on who they are playing and how that affects the standings of my favorite teams (or least favorite).

Definitely Houston...I like what the Bobcats have been doing thus far...I don't know if I'd actively root for Boston but I'll be keeping an eye on them...the Wizards would be the only other team I'd have some support for.

Mostly the Kings.. But I will watch the Bobcats as well. They are my eastern conference team. I get league pass so I pretty mcuh watch a few games a night though.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I have allways just loved watching the game. When a team gets the right pices and starts firing on all cylanders it's a thing of beauty (with the noted exception of the So Cal that must not be named). Was a big Boston fan in the Bird years and I look forward to seeing a resurgeance of the Celts. Houston will of course be fun to watch as well. But in the end I;'d have to say that there is nothing better than watching young guys develop. Heck most of last season my main focus was in watchin Kevin, not jswut beceause he was frankly the only thing on the Kings WORTH watching but beceause as the season wore on I wanted to see how he handled incresed attention and presure. Sure Price, Cisco and JW were fun to but none of them were really hitting a stride.

So from the development stand point Portland, Minny and Seatle will be fun as well. But Bandwagon? Uh sory don't think I ever got on anything like a band wagona and don't expect to anytime soon. I'll watch Kings ball, complain about Grant, Jerry and espcially Koz. But my primary attention will still be focused on Kevin, Cisco, Jason, Spencer and any other Kids they may bring in.

I don't see how anybody can root for the Warriors for a season if they're a Kings fan. I mean I rooted for the Mavs against them but if it's anyone else... I want them to lose. I mean come on they are practically our rivals.

Man this is lame...
Just because your team is bad your not gonna follow them, you'll go with a team thats good?... some fan you are. When the Kings are a good team again, don't come back, k.
....I will not say too much about this as I think that you will be hearing from many others about this post.

I will say one thing though. It is kind of funny or ironic that a "who's gonna be your bandwagon team?" is in the "Kings Rap" section.

Houston and Charlotte. Maybe Boston come play-off time.

EDIT: and by the way to poster above that ripped the OP. Maybe you should have actually read his post? He never said he wasn't going to follow the Kings anymore (in fact he specifically said he was still going to still follow them), he just said he didn't want to root for them to lose. This topic also has nothing to do with not being a Kings fan anymore, it's just about which other teams you'll be rooting for this year.

Last edited:
Man this is lame...
Just because your team is bad your not gonna follow them, you'll go with a team thats good?... some fan you are. When the Kings are a good team again, don't come back, k.
DAMN STRAIGHT! WE(I) DONT WANT YOU AND HATE YOU! YOU ARENT REAL FANS! I've been here since day freaking 1...and NOTHING will change that!! I will NEVER openly ROOT for another team, even in the playoffs just to have a vested interest. I cry, bleed and my heart will always be with the Kings...and ONLY the Kings...any Sacramentan that was born and raised here better have a DAMN good reason for being a 'fan' of another team! Bandwagons can go to hell!!! That is all...

Last edited:
DAMN STRAIGHT! WE(I) DONT WANT YOU AND HATE YOU! YOU ARENT REAL FANS! I've been here since day freaking 1...and NOTHING will change that!! I will NEVER openly ROOT for another team, even in the playoffs just to have a vested interest. I cry, bleed and my heart will always be with the Kings...and ONLY the Kings...any Sacramentan that was born and raised here better have a DAMN good reason for being a 'fan' of another team! Bandwagons can go to hell!!! That is all...

Not saying I will switch my team allegiance or whatever you call it but how can you not be interested in a couple other teams even if we suck? I mean the Kings will always be my #1 team, but there are a couple other teams with rosters that interest me. Not saying I'll be on my couch yelling things like "ZOMG GO BOSTONS!!!!!!!111ONE ONE!1!" but I'll want them to win. I'll want whatever team Chris is on to win. I'll hope the Rick does a good job in Houston and that they go far because I like Rick.

Wow!

Well...I didnt mean to bite anyone's heads off there...do I WATCH other games on TV? Yes...will I ROOT for one team or another? Nope. No other team matters to me. Always has been that way...with all sports. I will never be a casual fan of other teams...just not me. My roommate is that way, he'll watch other teams and wear other team's jerseys, but still say he's a true Kings fan. Nope. He'll bust out the Vince Carter jersey once and a while, and ask me, 'How can you not like this guy, he's a great player'?...my response...'Sure, great player, but I'll never ROOT for him, he's not on the Kings' One of my good friends that I work with is 63 years old...love the guy like an uncle, but I swear, he must have such a battle in his head, he likes like 4 teams in every sport.:D He says he's a Giants fan, A's, Braves, Yankees, Brewers...God, I've lost track because there's so many. If you have an allegiance to MANY teams...in my mind, you arent a real fan at all. Just my opinion...about 2 cents worth.

i can't wait to see what happens to the knicks. Eddy curry coming off his best season statistically, and Zach Randolph look like one of the most intimidating big man tandems in the league. And with stephon dishing them the ball. Ide like to see how they do.