Who would you trade to get Doncic? (split)

gunks

Hall of Famer
Does Willie have enough value that packaging him with our pick at 8-9 could get us into the top 3?
Doubt it. But if some sucka GM is willing to give us one of Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley for WCS and pick 9/10 I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'm done with Trill. If he resigns for dirt cheap and comes off the bench, cool. But I'd imagine Mr. Ego fancies himself to be worth more than that. He can throw up junk like a wannabe 1st option and grab 5rpg for another team.

Last edited:
Doubt it. But if some sucka GM is willing to give us one of Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley for WCS and pick 9/10 I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'm done with Trill. If he resigns for dirt cheap and comes off the brench, cool. But I'd imagine Mr. Ego fancies himself to be worth more than that. He can throw up junk like a wannabe 1st option and grab 5rpg for another team.
If a team is dumb enough to trade Doncic it will take Buddy and WCS plus the pick

If a team is dumb enough to trade Doncic it will take Buddy and WCS plus the pick
I think that would be really tempting for Kings. Buddy could possibly be a case of "sell high" - yes he is lighting it up from downtown and we don't have many who can... but two non-starting players and the 9th pick for a top 3... maybe worth it.

I really can't stand WCS's casual persona and can't see him as part of a winner. Buddy is a 6th man Jamal Crawford but to get a "star"... I'd do it.

I really don't think that's enough either. Maybe Fox or Bodgan, WCS, plus a pick.

Could always go Buddy, WCS, 2018 1st, 2021 1st
Na not Fox or Bogdan

I think it would have to be a team like Phoenix at 2 and cant get Ayton. They have Jackson and Booker already and major holes at PF, C, and especially PG. Taking WCS solves the big man spot, Buddy to come off the bench, and than at 8 they could take a pg between Young, Sexton and the kid from Kentucky.

We leave with Doncic

Na not Fox or Bogdan

I think it would have to be a team like Phoenix at 2 and cant get Ayton. They have Jackson and Booker already and major holes at PF, C, and especially PG. Taking WCS solves the big man spot, Buddy to come off the bench, and than at 8 they could take a pg between Young, Sexton and the kid from Kentucky.

We leave with Doncic
Last year it cost Philly Sac's 2019 pick to move from 3 to 1. I would be surprised if the Suns considered dropping down that far for a role playing big that is going to need a contract extension and a guy to come off the bench. It would be bad business for the Suns

Last year it cost Philly Sac's 2019 pick to move from 3 to 1. I would be surprised if the Suns considered dropping down that far for a role playing big that is going to need a contract extension and a guy to come off the bench. It would be bad business for the Suns
The 2018 pick alone is better value than our 2019 pick—which will end up in the 12-14 range. Not sure the Celts quants really crunched the numbers on that deal. Oh well, Tatum’s fine I guess.

I really don't think that's enough either. Maybe Fox or Bodgan, WCS, plus a pick.

Could always go Buddy, WCS, 2018 1st, 2021 1st
I think that would be really tempting for Kings. Buddy could possibly be a case of "sell high" - yes he is lighting it up from downtown and we don't have many who can... but two non-starting players and the 9th pick for a top 3... maybe worth it.

I really can't stand WCS's casual persona and can't see him as part of a winner. Buddy is a 6th man Jamal Crawford but to get a "star"... I'd do it.
Ya Phoenix fans say no

This is a wild one but if Vlade is in love with Doncic like I am and I think he is.

I’d be willing to give up Fox/7 to Phoenix for Doncic/15 than draft Sexton or Alexander at 15. Phoenix was all over Fox last year so we know they love him.

Actually I’d take Jontay Porter at 15 and leave the pg duties to Doncic, Bogdan, and Mason

I’d love a lineup of Doncic-Hield-Bogdan-Giles with Sexton, JJ, and Skal off the bench.

Also before I get killed for the Fox trade I’d like to say I love Fox I really do but I believe Doncic is the truth

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I’d be willing to give up Fox/7 to Phoenix for Doncic/15 than draft Sexton or Alexander at 15.
There are a lot of big Fox fans here, and Doncic is a relative unknown, so I don't know if you'll get much support for that idea. That said, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that neither Sexton nor Gilgeous-Alexander will be available at #15.

I don't think there's any way Phoenix would do that trade. Maybe if Fox had an adequate rookie season but he's been garbage this year. I don't see them giving up the #2 and #15 picks for Fox and #7.

Maybe they would have done it if this thread theoretically went down last year where you used Fox's draft position and it was #2 and #15 for #5 and #7 but now that Fox has played for a season, his value has gone down significantly from what a #5 pick in a strong draft is worth.

I don't think there's any way Phoenix would do that trade. Maybe if Fox had an adequate rookie season but he's been garbage this year. I don't see them giving up the #2 and #15 picks for Fox and #7.

Maybe they would have done it if this thread theoretically went down last year where you used Fox's draft position and it was #2 and #15 for #5 and #7 but now that Fox has played for a season, his value has gone down significantly from what a #5 pick in a strong draft is worth.
Garbage gtfoh - he has more game winning shots his rookie year than CWebb had in his career here.

There are a lot of big Fox fans here, and Doncic is a relative unknown, so I don't know if you'll get much support for that idea. That said, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that neither Sexton nor Gilgeous-Alexander will be available at #15.
I’m one of the big Fox fans too but Doncic will be special. I don’t agree with him being unknown he’s pretty known.

I wouldn’t take a pg anyways if we had Doncic, Bogdan, and Mason.
I’d like any of Knox, Porter, Smith, or Robert Williams.

Garbage gtfoh - he has more game winning shots his rookie year than CWebb had in his career here.
Being clutch is one of the things I'll give him credit for but he's one of the worst players in the league. It's fine and dandy if you can hit a game winning shot but the points in the other 3 and a half quarters count just as much. Grant might get loud and gloat over every shot made by Fox but don't let that fool you into thinking he's been good, average or even a bit below average. He's been downright terrible overall.

Sorry I'm not following you, Philly didn't own Sac's 2018 pick.
Shouldn’t have so narrowly defined the Lakers pick. Not a smart decision by Ainge. That’s a top 10 pick in a good draft. 2019 is...not great.

And, that 2019 pick was ultimately a small price to pay to move up to #1.

Also, should have used the Lakers/Kings pick to get Irving, not the Brooklyn pick. At the time Boston was telling their media lackeys (Lowe/Simmon/McMullen/etc.) that they valued the Brooklyn pick at 11+. Expert quant analysis. But, hey, they never stop telling everyone how smart they are so it must be true.

I remember seeing WCS in summer league, forcing him the ball over and over. How raw he was at the time offensively. I don't really have any problem with him shooting mid range jumpers right now either. I'd like to think he can be a reliable mid range shooter over time. Guess we will see.

But I'm not really interested in moving him right now. He runs the floor well, if found at the proper time by the guards he is a fantastic finisher above the rim.

Plays good team defense. Can cover a whole lot of ground defensively. He's not Adams or Gobert anchor like, he's different. Switches, can guard or stay with smaller players real well.

Would of been interesting to see him play with a guy like Rondo for more time.

Think we are fortunate to have a guy like WCS on the roster.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I find the veracity of this statement to be highly questionable but, let's take it at face value:

Kings average Margin of victory during Webber era: +4.23**
2017-18 Kings' Margin of victory: -7.39
(source:
B-R.com)

Kind of hard to hit game-winning shots when your team's not trailing in the fourth quarter, isn't it?

**This includes the statistical aberration that was the lockout season, when their MOV was inexplicably -0.42

I find the veracity of this statement to be highly questionable but, let's take it at face value:

Kings average Margin of victory during Webber era: +4.23**
2017-18 Kings' Margin of victory: -7.39
(source:
B-R.com)

Kind of hard to hit game-winning shots when your team's not trailing in the fourth quarter, isn't it?

**This includes the statistical aberration that was the lockout season, when their MOV was inexplicably -0.42
U say Fox is garbage then ... or just arguing to argue because internet. I just don’t think he’s garbage and I was making a rhetorical point for fun not trying to cite a genuine stat.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Phoenix that have replied to me on another board are liking WCS/Buddy/7 for Doncic deal. I think it would be a win win for both teams
Let me get this right... the Phoenix Suns are resting their best player for a second straight year to ensure they out tank us to a better pick again and their fans are okay with us giving them two of our better young players and our pick to move up and pick Doncic? Screw that. I like Doncic but I'm not willing to even entertain the idea of rewarding cheaters until after the lottery. Personally I wouldn't give Phoenix a damn thing. They need a PG and a C anyway so we're not really competing with them for wings. The talent at 7 is still going to be very good.