Where is Bruno???

When do we get to see Bruno? Im a big fan of swapping Malachi for him. I want to see the goods...also, is he a free agent at end of year? Do we have some rights to him that allow us to sign him easier? Are we hiding him from league so we can sign him on the cheap?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Caboclo is a free agent at the end of the year. We will have the right to submit a qualifying offer and make Caboclo a restricted free agent (RFA). I think the last thing we are doing is hiding him from the league. I mean, we don't even know what he can do yet, and the only think we do know is that Toronto didn't find time to play him and wasn't all that enthusiastic about his RFA rights, seeing as they traded him. I think we just want to get him through his physical exam and get him minimally familiar with the team playbook before we throw him out there.

I think we'll give him a shot to prove something, but I don't see him back on the team next year.

Toronto actually gives their young players a lot of PT. They have 5 players on their rookie contract playing at least 18mpg. Toronto is also the #1 seed in the East.

Bruno had every opportunity to get PT, but he just wasn't good enough. I don't think he's worth the QO. If he even shows anything in the last 20 games, I'd give him a small minimum deal of 2 years.

I want to see him too but I fear it was just another move to free up a little extra cap space as he’s expiring and Malachi has a couple more years. I’m sure we’ll see him play but I don’t expect to see him get a meaningful oppurtunity to actually earn the qualifying offer. I hope I’m wrong.

We would have an inside look at him practicing with Giles in the shadows. If he has some hidden potential, we may keep it that way and buy him cheap. Id like to have him on a 4 year deal to be at the endnof the bench. Low risk very high reward player. Perfect gamble in todays game.

We would have an inside look at him practicing with Giles in the shadows. If he has some hidden potential, we may keep it that way and buy him cheap. Id like to have him on a 4 year deal to be at the endnof the bench. Low risk very high reward player. Perfect gamble in todays game.
He'll take up a roster spot though. That's valuable.

He’s an okay guy for 14th 15th on the bench and spending time in Reno.

Our dream 15 next year would be
Center: Ayton, Willie, KK
Power Forward: Giles, Skal, Z-Bo
Small forward: Hezonja, Jackson, Caboclo
2 Guard: Bogdanovich, Hield, Temple
Point: Fox, Mason, Shumpf.

2 Way: Bonga (second round assignee)

Bonga, Skal and Caboclo spend major time in Reno increasing their IQ.

Temple, ZBo, KK, Shumpf are expiring contracts we might trade for assets