Whats up with....

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
RAIDER925 said:
Peja? I know he said he wanted out of Sac...Haven't been updated on Kings news lately.
The Maloofs (and Petrie) say they have no interest/intention of trading him. Peja has said that he will honor his contract. That is where it has been left, as far as I know.

Camp opens on Friday. So, we shall see.

i have no ideaaaaaaa ... what happens, happens ...

they earn good money and i dont wanna lose my nerves bcause of dem for nothin hehe

if he stays GOOD ... if not ... hasta la vista have a good career

Chris: Hi Peja
Peja: Hey Chris
Chris: How's the family?
Peja: Good, thanks-
Chris: Look, Peja, I don't know what was said over the summer, but I have never said that I want you to leave-
Peja: Really?
Chris: Yea. I'm sorry to see Vlade leave too, but I think we can still do this thing. Are you with me?
Peja: Yeah!

hugs and kisses all around, now lets play some basketball! :D

Just saw Joe Maloof interviewed on News 10 -- he said that he's talked to Peja, that Peja will show up & that he doesn't think there will be any problems. He said "We are not trading him". "Peja is a King. He will be a King for at least a couple of years. We are not going to trade him." "We told Peja he was important to the team, important to the community, and that we want him here." "He is an integral part of our team."

So, reading between the lines -- I don't think he will be traded! I think Peja is here to stay, and hopefully after the rest this summer he will be able to be productive during the post season as well as during the regular season!

ReinadelosReys said:
Chris: Look, Peja, I don't know what was said over the summer, but I have never said that I want you to leave-
Chris: Yea. I'm sorry to see Vlade leave too, but I think we can still do this thing. Are you with me?

:) LOL!!!!

love_them_kings said:
Just saw Joe Maloof interviewed on News 10 -- he said that he's talked to Peja, that Peja will show up & that he doesn't think there will be any problems. He said "We are not trading him". "Peja is a King. He will be a King for at least a couple of years. We are not going to trade him." "We told Peja he was important to the team, important to the community, and that we want him here." "He is an integral part of our team."

So, reading between the lines -- I don't think he will be traded! I think Peja is here to stay, and hopefully after the rest this summer he will be able to be productive during the post season as well as during the regular season!
Why didn't the Maloofs have this conversation with him right after the moment he made the trade demand? If I'm not mistaken Peja was interviewed a while after that and was a bit frustated because the Maloofs did not contact him at all. I just think he would've appreciated them reacting to their All-Star player sooner than that. Let's just hope plenty of 3's and W's this coming season can mend Peja's wounds.

DoughDole said:
Why didn't the Maloofs have this conversation with him right after the moment he made the trade demand? If I'm not mistaken Peja was interviewed a while after that and was a bit frustated because the Maloofs did not contact him at all. I just think he would've appreciated them reacting to their All-Star player sooner than that. Let's just hope plenty of 3's and W's this coming season can mend Peja's wounds.
Lets also hope for plenty of 3's and big shots from him when it counts for once...in the PLAYOFFS!!

ReinadelosReys said:

good one
:Dwould love to see them talk for the first time. would be funny. but i think that everything is going to be fine.

Circa_1985_Fan said:
we can only hope, we can only hope...I'm looking forward to seeing how 'Chris's' team looks this year with him as the self-proclaimed leader, now.
Don't worry it should work fine. Chris's team will be better than Vlade's ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DoughDole said:
Why didn't the Maloofs have this conversation with him right after the moment he made the trade demand? If I'm not mistaken Peja was interviewed a while after that and was a bit frustated because the Maloofs did not contact him at all.
Peja was overseas. There are some things that are better said "face to face" and I'm pretty sure that's why they waited until he got back here.

Keep in mind that just because we didn't hear of any conversations didn't mean none took place.

The important thing is that Peja is in town, he's particiating in public relations activities, and we can start looking forward to a new season and put this stuff behind us!

piksi

Hall of Famer
ReinadelosReys said:

interesting but very unrealistic

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Circa_1985_Fan said:
I .am not worried aobut where Pedja will be playing this year. The Maloofs made it clear he is staying. My point ws I would like to Pedja preform better in the post season this year.

VF21 said:
Peja was overseas. There are some things that are better said "face to face" and I'm pretty sure that's why they waited until he got back here.

Keep in mind that just because we didn't hear of any conversations didn't mean none took place.

The important thing is that Peja is in town, he's particiating in public relations activities, and we can start looking forward to a new season and put this stuff behind us!
The media (and some fans) will never let this go. Peja and the team will be hounded by the media once they get a go at them. I expect things to die down eventually, but there'll be flare ups every now.

Kings Media day should be really fun this year. I hope the players have there answers prepared already.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Packt said:
The media (and some fans) will never let this go. Peja and the team will be hounded by the media once they get a go at them. I expect things to die down eventually, but there'll be flare ups every now.

Kings Media day should be really fun this year. I hope the players have there answers prepared already.
While the media and some fans may not want to let it go, my fervent wish is that ALL the players shut them down with a simple, "It's over and done. It was overblown to begin with. We just want to get out there and play ball."

If they do that two or three times and refuse to discuss it any longer, the media will have to move on.

Of course, there is a small cadre of journalists that will always try to poke a stick at an abandoned hive to see if they can get it to buzz one more time, but that small group is pretty well known to most fans. ;)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
While the media and some fans may not want to let it go, my fervent wish is that ALL the players shut them down with a simple, "It's over and done. It was overblown to begin with. We just want to get out there and play ball."

If they do that two or three times and refuse to discuss it any longer, the media will have to move on.

Of course, there is a small cadre of journalists that will always try to poke a stick at an abandoned hive to see if they can get it to buzz one more time, but that small group is pretty well known to most fans. ;)
As muc h as I would like to belive you on this one rationallevel headed palyers do not demand to be traded then a few months later it blows over and all is well. Now a few long talks and some meetings with Webber and the team will help, but IMO the thing that will have the lagest impact on changing Peda's mind will be a very successfull regular season, and a championship will instill virtual amnesia in the boy.

To be honest, I don't think that we should be concerned about the relationship between Peja and Chris, if not the relationship between Peja and the rest of the team. Right now there's the Kings and then there is Peja. There is everyone who wants to be here and then there's Peja who said/says that he doesn't. He has very much alienated himself from the team and I know that this might not have been done purposely, I know that he has a family now and Greece is his home, but for the last couple of weeks the players have been getting back in town. They have been meeting and talking with each other whether its at an event like Bobby Jackson's golf tournament or a Monarchs game or its seeing each other working out at the practice facility--they have been there, but Peja hasn't. Unless Peja comes in on Friday, meets with his teammates and proclaims a renewed commitment to the team, there's going to be more tension between Peja and the rest of the team than anything else.

For the first time all summer, and not because of this story that we don't even know is true, I have to say that I am concerned.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ReinadelosReys said:
From Fox40: There is some thought around the Kings that Peja might skip media day on Friday to "show how much he still wants out"....

....he better not.:mad:
I hope those are just unfounded rumors. If Peja stoops to that kind of action before the season, it's going to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths. He's been the fan and media darling around here for a long time, but that can turn very rapidly...

It's weird. For some reason I thought Peja would be one of the last guys in the league to be demanding trades and possibly not showing for important team events such as media day or more important their first practice. I hope they iron these things out but it's looking more and more like he is demanding a trade.

Then again, you never know he could show up and be excited about the team and getting back to business.

I hope those are only rumors too. If not, Peja might as well pray and hope he gets traded to a city with a large Serb/Greek population because that might be the only fanbase he will have left.

I could tolerate requesting a trade in the off season, but pulling stunts like that is even more beyond unprofessional.

HndsmCelt said:
I .am not worried aobut where Pedja will be playing this year. The Maloofs made it clear he is staying. My point ws I would like to Pedja preform better in the post season this year.
i understand what your saying but grammar is a a little confusing..

Peja is well-mannered. He will not do or say anything stupid. He asked to be traded when Chris mouthed off, the fans got mad about his playoff performance, and Vlade was sent packing. I don't blame him. I am more concerned about Chris flapping his jaws again for no apparent reason.