Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Trade with Orlando

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Trade with Phx

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Trade with Chi

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
We land the #1 or 2 pick and draft day we have Ayton on the clock...

My sense of Ayton is that he lacks the passion to be a dominant force...MHO

However, a few spots back at 4,5,6 sits orlando 4, phx 5, chi 6

Convinced by Aytons profile that he is the next big thing, those teams enter a bidding war for Ayton

Orlando offers Issac, this year #4 and a future 1st top 4 protected

Phx offers Jackson, this years #5 and afuture 1st with top 3 protection, 2nd rounder

Chi offers L. Markken and this years #6 plus 2nd rounder

Is this possible? Pretend tbis is real, which of tjose deals would you go with? Or would you take ayton?

Last edited:
Some of those offers are really wishful thinking. If I am on the clock and Ayton is there, I am taking him without blinking.

He is one guy in this draft with GENUINE franchise player potential. He will be a dominant force in the NBA passion or no passion.

I really do not want to trade our pick this year. I, honestly, believe our pick, no matter where it lands, is going to end up being more valuable than anything any team out there would be willing to give up to snatch that pick from us.

Therefore, as it relates to your scenario, if our only "other" option is to trade, then I am definitely taking Ayton, as long as he is still available. If he is not, then I still keep the pick and draft the best player on the board...

I don't really understand the wording of the scenario. For example, is Orlando trading us Isaac, #4, and a future 1st with top 4 protection? Or are they trading us Isaac and a future 1st with top protection?

I like the thought of coming away from this draft with Isaac & Doncic/Porter but Orlando would be giving up too much in my opinion.

PG - Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield
SF - Porter / Jackson
PF - Isaac / Labissiere
C - Giles* / Cauley-Stein
*If he's the real deal

I don't really understand the wording of the scenario. For example, is Orlando trading us Isaac, #4, and a future 1st with top 4 protection? Or are they trading us Isaac and a future 1st with top protection?

I like the thought of coming away from this draft with Isaac & Doncic/Porter but Orlando would be giving up too much in my opinion.

PG - Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield
SF - Porter / Jackson
PF - Isaac / Labissiere
*If he's the real deal
I am almost certain that the OP means that...

When you are a sad sack franchise like the Kings and you have a chance to get the guy, you don't over think it.

I scoff at the notion of the "young core" and think the local media is blowing smoke on Giles to keep you zealots from walking away, but there are clearly supporting pieces here. They are just missing the corner stone.

If you have the number one pick, then pick the guy who is the best bet to be the star.

I think Ayton has issues. I think sentencing him to Sacramento is not idea for those issues. But, when he's engaged he's a monster on both sides of the ball. If my scouting department tells me that he's the only franchise player in the draft, it's 75%/25% that he's great but the downside is that he's Whiteside-ish and those offers are on the table, I draft Ayton.

If my scouts tell me the same about Ayton, that Doncic has a lower ceiling, can still be a franchise player, and he's the better bet. And all those offers are on the table, I say at one and draft Doncic.

I only move down if my scouts tell me that there is no material difference between 1 and 4-6 AND I don't love somebody for upside and fit. You know why that would be horrible advice from my scouts under your hypo? 3 teams are looking to give up assets to move up from 4, 5, and 6 BECAUSE there is a player they want at 1. So, no. No trade. I need to fire my head of scouting (Kings already beat me to that) and figure out what I'm missing for value at the top, and draft that player.

Some of those offers are really wishful thinking. If I am on the clock and Ayton is there, I am taking him without blinking.

He is one guy in this draft with GENUINE franchise player potential. He will be a dominant force in the NBA passion or no passion.
If the offers are "wishful thinking" you would still reject them and go with Ayton?

Oh course this scenario is in imagination lad. I find these topics useful to gauge the value other people see in draftees or other players. For instance, is Issac or Jackson seem as the better prospect? Is Markenann more valuable than say issac and a future 1st. Or do you value Ayton more than any of these packages?

PG - Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield
SF - Porter / Jackson
PF - Isaac / Labissiere
*If he's the real deal
Fixed the wording to make it clearer

Orlando offers Issac, this year #4 and a future 1st top 4 protected

If this is the offer, they they Ayton is David Robinson. And two other teams are also trying to poach him.

You better be CERTAIN they are a million miles off before you move on an offer. By the way, the Kings strangely changed the head of their scouting department in mid-season and have had a thin scouting department for years. I doubt the Kings scouts could make such an assessment.

If the odd are either: they Kings know more than 10% of the league trying to trade into this spot and probably 60% of the league with the picks and/or players to swing this trade and are going to play them like fools; or teams are trying to pray on the fact the Kings can't see the value or didn't do all the work, history and logic tends to favor the latter.

If the offers are "wishful thinking" you would still reject them and go with Ayton?

Oh course this scenario is in imagination lad. I find these topics useful to gauge the value other people see in draftees or other players. For instance, is Issac or Jackson seem as the better prospect? Is Markenann more valuable than say issac and a future 1st. Or do you value Ayton more than any of these packages?
Yes I would still go with Ayton.

I want us to draft a franchise player. None of the players listed appear to be franchise player material and the draft picks mean very little unless they have names associated with them.

Ayton to me is someone who has a potential to be a franchise level player, a perennial all-star type. I am gambling that for something that might be better or just as possibly might be worse.

I too would just stick with Ayton. He may appear passive, but so what he's effective. It would be kind of nice to have a dominate center who keeps his emotions in check.
I have read, I don't see much Kings basketball where I live, that Willies game is better suited at PF anyways ?? I also am kind of tired of Vlades trading back year after year. Yes, it worked out pretty well two years back as Bogdan alone made it worthwhile, but generally I recon if your scouting team is worth anything there is someone available with the higher pick that's better than the 2 for 1 special.
These were not draft picks instead established players at the time but a little Kings trivia. In 1988 Kings send Otis Thorpe to the Houston Rockets for Rodney McCray and Jim Peterson. We remained mediocre for years to come. Otis was Houstons missing piece.

Kings would need to lose the next 19 to have a decent shot at Doncic.
Kings could have the worst
Record and still pick 5.
Hawks, Suns, and Mavs will
Probably be worse.
Kings desperately need a Boogie replacement. WCS is not the answer. Neither is Skal. Ayton could be special. Kings need rebounding and post help. A lot more than shootIng.

I'd take any of those offers. I don't think PHX would offer that up in a million years but that would be my #1 choice.

Ayton just looks like fools gold to me. Like a poor mans Embiid. If he was playing on Duke or Michigan State and putting up these numbers I'd be more impressed but he's not playing against very high competition when it comes to the big men he's matched up against.

I share some of the concerns with Ayton that the other posters have, but those concerns are not enough to trade that far down. I’ll say this, if anybody offered the #2 pick (Doncic) and a 2019 first I would snatch it. Basically, Boston would have to get the Lakers pick for that kind of offer, but that’s the deal I would take.