What is the max the Kings should match for Bogi?

What is the max the kings should match for Bogi

• Total voters

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Those waters are toxic. The Kings might be on the horizon of as much of a fresh start as they can get with a lot of youth. You're already temping fate by hanging onto Walton. Cheeseburgers all around! Now you don't let other teams know that however.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
For those of us who don't follow these things as closely, it might have been nice to include what he made his last year here for comparison.

Albert Nahmad @AlbertNahmad
It’s unclear as to what level of communication the Kings and Bucks actually had with Bogdan Bogdanovic, if any... He’d need to agree to any S&T. And with the proposed structure (and setting aside hard cap issues), his 1st-year salary could’ve been anywhere from $8.1M to $18.1M.

If the Bucks deal is 100% dead I expect we will cut him loose. I don't want to sign an unhappy player for a half a season just to extract value. We need to see what we have with Fox Hali and Buddy. If Buddy raises his value and the right offer comes across our desk we should be able to get a nice return. With a likely high pick next year, second rounders, and some moveable pieces, we have plenty of ammo to build a roster.

If the Bucks deal is 100% dead I expect we will cut him loose. I don't want to sign an unhappy player for a half a season just to extract value. We need to see what we have with Fox Hali and Buddy. If Buddy raises his value and the right offer comes across our desk we should be able to get a nice return. With a likely high pick next year, second rounders, and some moveable pieces, we have plenty of ammo to build a roster.
Who said he was unhappy? Buddy is the unhappy one.

Who said he was unhappy? Buddy is the unhappy one.
He isn't in our plans and don't imagine he would be thrilled playing a half season for a team that plans to trade him at the all star break to the highest bidder. Buddy won't be happy either but at least he would get his starting gig back and can raise his profile. I'd trade Buddy tomorrow if the right deal came across the desk.

I chose $17 mil but hopefully on one of those declining contracts. Like 17-16-15-14. Overall he would get more than the bucks deal and would be someone easier the trade down the road like our other contracts

You mean Sacramento’s actual superstar?! Bring him back!!!
And now I'm annoyed again.

Just reminds me of how careless Vlade was with his minor assets. The Skal for Swanigan swap was a guy who ended up getting reserve minutes on an actual NBA team for a guy who floundered miserably in the G-LEAGUE. It's not the end of the world, but it's just obnoxious. It reminds me of his tendency to do basically no scouting for the 2nd round and basically act like it didn't matter.

Addition by subtraction.

People seem to be getting onboard with the idea in places like here and Reddit, which I didn't think would happen, but the STR replacement TheKingsHerald, despite being even more anti-Vlade than I am is celebrating the trade falling through and the possibility of Bogi returning. Even talking about 18 mil for Bogi like that isn't an albatross. Makes me wonder how good they think a Fox, Bogi, Haliburton led team actually is and where they think all the future assets needed to improve this team are going to come from.

We didn't fire Vlade to run back the team he built.

Brian Windhorst: The word on the street is that he he thinks that he can get an offer or there’s belief that there’s offers out there that average 18 million a year somewhere in the four years, $72 million. I think a lot of people think would come from Atlanta. – via Spotify

18 or 19 a year is the questionable range for me