What’s going on with Haliburton?

What’s going on with Haliburton lately? I couldn’t watch the Dallas game yesterday, but noticed Tyrese only played 15 minutes.
Is he just not playing well, in the coach’s doghouse, or injured?
I’ve searched the news I can find online and can’t find out why.
Hope you guys can give me some insight.
I’m also concerned that at this pace he may not get the Rookie of the Year award, which would be huge for the Kings.

I don't think we need to worry about the powers that be giving him the award. They had given it to Ball in February and now have anointed Edwards as the guy. One guy has been right at the top all season but they don't like to talk about him much.

He might be hitting the rookie wall now that we are well past where college athletes typically play. I am not worried about him long term.

I think he’s the one guy we don’t need to worry about. It’s not surprising that certain players will see reduced roles here and there as Luke tries to maximize whatever lineup he can to try and save his job. Haliburton is crucial for us going forward and the front office knows that. If we see him in a backup or reduced role next year then we can riot.

I think he is still learning how to be aggressive. He prides himself on always making the right play and sometimes that causes hesitation. If he isn’t hitting his threes he mostly looks to facilitate. As he grows he will learn how to balance it all.

He stumbled a bit after coming back from injury and has stumbled lately as well. He's just going to need to make adjustments. Namely, getting shots closer to the basket. He'll never be a good scorer by throwing up floaters in the paint and runners just outside the paint. He's going to need to figure out how to make that adjustment to take an extra step or two, get into the defender's body and then go up closer to the rim to either get a higher percentage shot or draw the foul.

Fox does it very well and Barnes is decent at it. What I hope he doesn't do is pull a Hield and avoid contact throughout his whole career. It sucks but faking out the referees while committing "legal" offensive fouls and getting to the line is how the game is won these days. Merely looking to get separation to take uncontested shots just doesn't cut it currently.

Either way I'm not really worried about him. I see him like more of a Joe Ingles and less like a triple double threat every night like Ball looks to be.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
He's hitting a bit of a wall, teams have somewhat figured him out, and his coach is slamming him into the wall when he's not hitting it otherwise. This is Luke Walton folks, Harkless, Delon Wright, etc > ROY. A few stumbles and Walton cans a 5 man unit that was at one point top 4. This is mediocre in a nutshell people.

What’s going on with Haliburton lately? I couldn’t watch the Dallas game yesterday, but noticed Tyrese only played 15 minutes.
Is he just not playing well, in the coach’s doghouse, or injured?
I’ve searched the news I can find online and can’t find out why.
Hope you guys can give me some insight.
I’m also concerned that at this pace he may not get the Rookie of the Year award, which would be huge for the Kings.
I have no idea why he only played 15 min last game, but that was clearly an aberration. Actually, my guess is that the Kings were playing very well and Walton has shown that he's very willing to ride the hot hands both in terms of individuals and units. I didn't see the first 3 quarters but note that Buddy also didn't get back in the game after a poor shooting start.

The previous 10 games TH's been right at his season average of 30 mpg, which I think is about right for the rook. He's taking slightly fewer 3's, probably because he's a bit off his overall proficiency there. We can hold Luke accountable for plenty of things; I don't see TH's recent regression as one of them.

I don't mind Ball getting ROY, albeit in 40 games; he was phenomenal. And our guy has received plenty of kudos. Hard to see why the difference between him getting/not getting ROY would be "huge" for the Kings.

I absolutely WOULD mind Edwards getting it because he's not deserving. Highlight reel plays are awesome, but ... seriously? The only other thing that could recommend him is his 18.1 ppg vs Ty's 12.6. But he's also taking 6 more shots PER game while shooting 39.7% overall and 32% from 3. TH: 47.3%/41.1%. That's not close. Also hard to make the case for Edwards on their respective defensive merits.

I have no idea why he only played 15 min last game, but that was clearly an aberration. Actually, my guess is that the Kings were playing very well and Walton has shown that he's very willing to ride the hot hands both in terms of individuals and units. I didn't see the first 3 quarters but note that Buddy also didn't get back in the game after a poor shooting start.
TD was playing well took his minutes.