welcome to Sacramento George Hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player, but the signings of Hill/Randolph are a strike to the rebuilding with youth crew (me included), who were looking for a top pick in 2018 and assets from bad salary. And how does De'Aaron feel about it?

Welcome to Sacramento though

Great signing. George Hill is a competent off-guard too, he's got a 6'9" wingspan and can function off the ball as a triple threat.

Hill is bar-none one of the best vets in the league for teaching youngins. I watched pretty much all of his games last year and you'll see him on the bench giving instructions pretty much non-stop... he's an extension of the coach on the floor in a major way..

Only concern is that his feet hold up, he missed like 20-30 games last year with a string of injuries. Turf toe especially.

One thing you'll notice right off the bat, he did it for Utah in one of the first games vs the Lakers is that he's the type of lead guard who knows when to distribute and knows when to take over. Hill is a closer. His first step is still quick and he's not to be left open from 3 under any circumstance.

Keep this in mind. Utah traded a lottery pick (#12) for him on a one year rental last season!! Kings just used some cap space.. Also Hill's old agent that was fired probably screwed up his extension with the Jazz trying to price gouge them so there's many layers of this being a fortuitous signing.

Very solid pro, did great when healthy last year. With his injury history, I can see him getting "rest days" as the season progresses. Shouldn't move the needle much in terms of wins and losses this year, but will build up the kids.

I like it a lot. George Hill is a solid pro and right in line with building Kings locker room of strong character and commitment to winning in the future.
His veteran leadership is just what extremely young team will need over next couple years.

Absolutely love it. Hill is a quality, quality player that both Frank and Fox can learn a ton from, especially on the defensive end. He's been one of the top 5 defensive PGs in the NBA for awhile now too. Depending on what that partial guarantee looks like for the third year too, it makes him a great trade candidate when Fox should be ready to take over.

Hill-ZBO-Temple-Koufos is a really nice vet core to have around for the kids to learn from. A lot of quality knowledge and good people.

What's the over under on games he'll play? 60? Fox will get his opportunities, and can end the season averaging at least 25 min. And Mason will get his chances at spot duty.
I'm hoping 70ish. The turf toe is the one that I'd be nervous about, I'd bet his feet are beat to smithereens at this stage of his career. The finger injury was kind of just a wrong place wrong time one, he actually played thru it the game in NY that it happened (and helped lead the comeback) but then sat out for a while after.

It had to have been disappointing for the Jazz to pay a lottery pick for him as a rental and then him not being able to play against the Warriors in the playoffs. Last seasons playoffs were completely marred by injury for a lot of teams tho.

Joerger can limit the minutes Hill plays to minimize injury concerns. PG minutes can also go to Fox, Mason, Temple and Bogdan. Lots of lineup possibilities here.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
EXCELLENT! I was hoping that it wasn't just the Lakers who were pursuing Hill. A three year deal is just right. Great guy, great competitor, fantastic schooling with Pop. Couldn't ask for a better signing. And I'm not concerned one bit about playing time for Fox. If he's as good as everybody thinks, he will earn his playing time.

I like almost every player that came from Popovich's school :D Great defender, good shoter, solid passer... fits great in every system and i guess Joeger is very sold on him. Just hoping he won't "steal" too much minutes from Fox, in that case, i won't approve this move. But i guess he won't play over 25 minutes (can play with Fox at same time) and probably will miss some games too. This could work great at the end...

What's the over under on games he'll play? 60? Fox will get his opportunities, and can end the season averaging at least 25 min. And Mason will get his chances at spot duty.
Don't see Mason playing at all unless Hill gets injured. Mason should be in the GLeague

Well he pretty much just had the best season of his career, on a new team, that played the slowest pace in the league.. He earned that $$ for sure.
Hill screwed himself over. Jazz offered him 4 year $80m during the season. ouch
Honestly, I don't think Hill is worth his 19mpy, but the Kings will need to overpay to bring talent over. I'm fine with the Hill signing, but I just hope he doesn't take away PT from our young guys.

I'm fine with the Hill signing, but I just hope he doesn't take away PT from our young guys.
Of course he's going to take min from the rookies. They'll get minutes, but it will be Joerger style, in which youngsters earn their minutes and get put in positions to succeed. All those who believe the rookies are entitled to play big min will be disappointed as long as Joerger is the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.