Welcome Jason Thompson!!!

Excellent pick. Good player from a small school but he's totally a Petrie player.

My only issue with it is that we could have got him lower than #12.

Welcome!

Draftexpress did have Jason Thompson going to the Warriors at 14 in their mock, so I am not sure he would've fallen that far had he gone past us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reminder: This is the traditional welcome thread. If you have concerns or complaints, please post them in a different thread. Thanks!

------------------------------------------
Now, back on topic:

Welcome to the Kings, Jason. All we ask is that you show heart and hustle and you'll do fine.

GO KINGS!!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well...At least he can rebound and block shots, skills that just about EVERY other big on our roster lacks.

Plus he's apperently not a HORRIBLE athlete. Just not a great one.

Welcome Jason Thompson!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Jason! I'm absolutely ecstatic we picked you. I might have the chance to meet you this July, hopefully! I'll be rooting for you. Just work hard and you'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Jason! we were surprised to hear your named called so surprise us on the court! Prove us wrong and that your name was the right named called!!! GO KINGS!!

Welcome Jason!! You have my support. Give them no reason not to start you at the close of camp. I want to see a Hawes, Thompson frontline on opening day.

I'm pretty excited listening to Jason's coach. He said he's charismatic, hard working, coachable, magic johnson smile, good with media.

He said every night teams that played them were looking to stop one player Jason Thompson. He was double and tripe teamed everynight and continued to put up double double's.

He said he's extremely competitive, he likes contact, he likes the low post. If you take a shot at him down low you better be ready the next time you come down the lane, he will not back down.

This is good stuff to hear.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yes indeed. Going off stats alone he appears to be a good compliment to Hawes with his rebounding and shotblocking.

Of course you cant go off stats alone...I cant wait til summer league.