Welcome, Buddy Hield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't remember the names, but what was the quote? "Welcome to Hell." At least there's a nice new facility for you. Hope you and the kids do well.

Welcome, Buddy.

This kid has a pure stroke. I like that he does not shoot a jump shot like Ben but more of a set shot like Curry. He also has impressive footwork for a rookie. His footwork is spectacular. He's always on balance with an economy of motion. He goes left and he goes right like an ambidextrous player. One difference I can already tell you between Ben and Buddy is Buddy will not lose his balance so easily.

Buddy has nice juke moves to get his defender to stand out his crouch. The concerns to his game are (1) average length and athleticism for SG and (2) speed to free himself to create space. Whether he can create space consistently and open skies will be difference between hot streaks and struggle. If he can get open looks, the shots will fall. If combination of length, speed and skill inhibits from getting open looks, the trade will look more disastrous than it already does. When I watch Buddy, my early concern is seeing him get quality looks. As long as he does, the shots are going to start to fall.

Ty Lawson is a player who will help Buddy a lot. I hope they see the court together.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Welcome, no one knows how long your tenure will be, because if you start disappointing in a season or two, you could very well be on the way out so for that thought alone, it's hard to get attached and committed to any one player that comes here IMO.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanfully he is known to be a super high character guy and gym rat( look at how much he improved in his college career). I look forward to watching Hield. Just no more nut shots Buddy.
I had no idea who he was until I saw the NO game. My only impression so far is from that game. I truly hope you are right about him.

Welcome Buddy.. You have a HELL of an arena to play in and a hell of a fan base. Other than that hopefully the players will get it together and win a few... The culture needs work, but the rest of it is amazing!

He will be a good player, he wont save the franchise but he is a solid piece to have. Basically the FO has to hit on a star in the next draft or 2018 where there are no pick swaps or trades.
I wonder how 2018 is shaping up. As of now we have no conditions on the pick and we should stink it up well enough to have a top 3 pick.

Hey Buddy, welcome and you got your number - 24. Cool, since you've always had it at OU and at NO. Now just remember couple most beloved, fan favorites, great players here wore #24 - Reggie Theus and Bobby Jackson. Wear it with Sacramento Kings pride!

Hield Per36 (October-November): .437 TS% / .354 FG% / .237 3PT% / .917 FT% / 15.1 PPG / 4.9 RPG / 2.3 APG / 0.7 SPG / 0.3 BPG / 1.7 TOPG
Hield Per36 (December-February): .531 TS% / .409 FG% / .430 3PT% / .857 FT% / 15.1 PPG / 5.2 RPG / 2.4 APG / 0.5 SPG / 0.2 BPG / 1.4 TOPG

Good to see he has been improving as the season has progressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.