WCS interview on CNN.

I agree about keeping Willie. His game has grown since he’s been here and I value his defensive ability on the PnR, switches and out on the perimeter against guards. I think he’s the type of valuable piece all good teams have. He’s just not the mega rebounder some hope he would be. But I’m ok with the fact that he’s a 12/7 guy right now but showing improvement every season.

I'm not surprised Willie is calling for a small forward. I doubt he would be on board with us drafting Ayton!

With that said, if the Suns go for Doncic or we pass on him because he says he's going to stay in Europe, would we consider Michael Porter second overall?

Before this college year he was tipped as a top pick, but I'd be hesitant taking him that high. So if we don't draft a small forward we could look to trade for one but I'm not sure who we could go out there and get. I suppose we could try and do a deal with Orlando for Aaron Gordon, maybe offer a pick swap and drafted the best player available or best fit at six overall. Maybe we can walk away with Michael Porter and Aaron Gordon to slot into our forward spots and start Fox, Bogdanovic, Porter, Gordon, WCS next season. Or if Jackson or Bagley are there at six they could slot into the power forward spot with Gordon taking the small forward role. I wouldn't be against such a move if we felt it would help us compete next season and long term. With that said I do hope we get Doncic second overall.

I'm not surprised Willie is calling for a small forward. I doubt he would be on board with us drafting Ayton!

With that said, if the Suns go for Doncic or we pass on him because he says he's going to stay in Europe, would we consider Michael Porter second overall?

Before this college year he was tipped as a top pick, but I'd be hesitant taking him that high. So if we don't draft a small forward we could look to trade for one but I'm not sure who we could go out there and get. I suppose we could try and do a deal with Orlando for Aaron Gordon, maybe offer a pick swap and drafted the best player available or best fit at six overall. Maybe we can walk away with Michael Porter and Aaron Gordon to slot into our forward spots and start Fox, Bogdanovic, Porter, Gordon, WCS next season. Or if Jackson or Bagley are there at six they could slot into the power forward spot with Gordon taking the small forward role. I wouldn't be against such a move if we felt it would help us compete next season and long term. With that said I do hope we get Doncic second overall.
Gordon can't be traded for, he's a free agent. If Orlando extends the qualifying offer he'll be a restricted free agent. And personally I think he's going to get overpaid and I'd rather not have the Kings be the team doing the paying.

I was okay with gambling on Porter at 7 if his medicals checked out but I'd be upset if the Kings traded down from #2 (or even worse drafted him at #2) just because he's got very obvious flaws in his game to go along with a significant injury history now.

Small forward has been a hole in the roster forever but without a franchise player and being a mid lottery team, the Kings can't start prioritizing certain positions in the draft. Especially at #2. If you think there's a franchise player on the board you take him, regardless of position.

I'm not sold on Doncic but I'd take Bagley over Porter easily.

Doncic isn’t saying no to anyone

Now that’s out the way a healthy porter is still behind Bagley, Jackson, and maybe Bamba

Gordon can't be traded for, he's a free agent. If Orlando extends the qualifying offer he'll be a restricted free agent. And personally I think he's going to get overpaid and I'd rather not have the Kings be the team doing the paying.

I was okay with gambling on Porter at 7 if his medicals checked out but I'd be upset if the Kings traded down from #2 (or even worse drafted him at #2) just because he's got very obvious flaws in his game to go along with a significant injury history now.

Small forward has been a hole in the roster forever but without a franchise player and being a mid lottery team, the Kings can't start prioritizing certain positions in the draft. Especially at #2. If you think there's a franchise player on the board you take him, regardless of position.

I'm not sold on Doncic but I'd take Bagley over Porter easily.
Could we not organise a sign and trade involving Gordon with view to completing the trade at a later date?

Doncic isn’t saying no to anyone

Now that’s out the way a healthy porter is still behind Bagley, Jackson, and maybe Bamba
I'd rank him ahead of Jackson and Bamba. Those guys do offer a good floor because of their defensive ability, but neither project to be number one or two offensive options on any team. They'll likely be a DeAndre Jordan fourth option. Porter on the other hand could be a go to option on a good team and same goes for Bagley.

Could we not organise a sign and trade involving Gordon with view to completing the trade at a later date?
Nope. He'd have to agree to the sign-and-trade and he can't do that until after the draft. Plus I think he'd only agree (assuming he agrees to go to the Kings at all) if it's a max or near max deal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
WCS uses the pronoun "I" more than anybody in the world. I this, I that, My game this, My game that..

There is no WE in Willie... oh wait

I don't care what his opinion is on the draft needs. His head is way bigger than his performance warrants imo.
Sorry, but I think you're wrong...or should it be "We think you're wrong?" :p

He's speaking about his personal beliefs and his game, not speaking on behalf of the team. He's a pretty honest dude, whether you like him or not. It's actually kind of refreshing.

He's speaking about his personal beliefs and his game, not speaking on behalf of the team. He's a pretty honest dude, whether you like him or not. It's actually kind of refreshing.
I'm not sure you've successfully contradicted me. I agree he's honest. And when a person is honest and tells you that he's all about himself... I believe him. Do not like him for reasons I've posted a million times. If I thought he was a team first guy or a guy who can't stand to lose... I would be cool with him. I think he's about HIM. HIS GAME. HIS BELIEFS. HIS WEED. HIS HATS. don't like.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not sure you've successfully contradicted me. I agree he's honest. And when a person is honest and tells you that he's all about himself... I believe him. Do not like him for reasons I've posted a million times. If I thought he was a team first guy or a guy who can't stand to lose... I would be cool with him. I think he's about HIM. HIS GAME. HIS BELIEFS. HIS WEED. HIS HATS. don't like.
Fair enough. We ;) shall agree to disagree on our perception of WCS, although I will concede that I would like to see a little "team first" attitude from him. I think he could be a "team first player" but doesn't see that as his primary role for whatever reason.

Fair enough. We ;) shall agree to disagree on our perception of WCS, although I will concede that I would like to see a little "team first" attitude from him. I think he could be a "team first player" but doesn't see that as his primary role for whatever reason.
we ever agree to disagree on a player before????? oh yeah.... Kevin Martin, and that one worked out for you. Hope you're right again. I love WCS 60% of the games.

The whole beginning of his interview was about the team and all you heard him say is "we" and "us".

While I agree on your statement about WCS not passing like he should, how does he speak for others with those questions. I think he appropriately spoke for himself in this case.

Willie is never going to be the player we need. He will never develop a post game. He will never make it an effort to grab every board. He will never focus his freak athleticism on shot blocking. From the way he's talking, I think that's all becoming more and more clear. We need a bruiser on this team. Someone that can grab those boards, clear space under the hoop, and be someone we can dump the ball to down low.

This team has Kosta and Zbo as their only post scorers. Zbo isn't playing down low like he has been in the past. Kosta is fine, but he's not gonna get you what you need every game.

REBOUNDS PER GAME
1526610080269.png

BLOCKS PER GAME
1526610212178.png

DOUBLE DOUBLES

1526610319143.png

I remember when we drafted this guy and everyone was telling me how his rebounding numbers were a result of the system he played in at Kentucky. If you're gonna win anything in this league, you need someone who's not gonna put this kind of stuff on the back burner.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Willie is never going to be the player we need. He will never develop a post game. He will never make it an effort to grab every board. He will never focus his freak athleticism on shot blocking. From the way he's talking, I think that's all becoming more and more clear. We need a bruiser on this team. Someone that can grab those boards, clear space under the hoop, and be someone we can dump the ball to down low.

This team has Kosta and Zbo as their only post scorers. Zbo isn't playing down low like he has been in the past. Kosta is fine, but he's not gonna get you what you need every game.

REBOUNDS PER GAME
View attachment 7624

BLOCKS PER GAME
View attachment 7625

DOUBLE DOUBLES

View attachment 7626

I remember when we drafted this guy and everyone was telling me how his rebounding numbers were a result of the system he played in at Kentucky. If you're gonna win anything in this league, you need someone who's not gonna put this kind of stuff on the back burner.
12 double doubles in this era for a big? that's pathetic...and he chasin' that 100 million too with that production?

Yeah, I think Jon's being a bit harsh. I certainly don't hear what he's hearing.

WCS uses the pronoun "I" more than anybody in the world. I this, I that, My game this, My game that..

There is no WE in Willie... oh wait

I don't care what his opinion is on the draft needs. His head is way bigger than his performance warrants imo.
Agreed. I honestly dont even care to watch this interview, but he can be a really nice bench player or something

REBOUNDS PER GAME
View attachment 7624

BLOCKS PER GAME
View attachment 7625

DOUBLE DOUBLES

View attachment 7626

Yea, our frontcourt was an absolute joke in this department. Skal included

Yeah, I think Jon's being a bit harsh. I certainly don't hear what he's hearing.
I was unfair - I was speaking from accumulated contempt for the guy - which really peaked when he gushed about all the "love" after KAT had just destroyed him, and he was just grinning and talking about the love. And that's his overall demeanor for the whole last season. And I wish he was just biting his tongue off mad when he got humiliated by this opponent or that opponent... but he is just so high, and it's all just part of "his process" and ...

He's not really guilty of much in the interview clip. But I still don't think he's a winner.

I was unfair - I was speaking from accumulated contempt for the guy - which really peaked when he gushed about all the "love" after KAT had just destroyed him, and he was just grinning and talking about the love. And that's his overall demeanor for the whole last season. And I wish he was just biting his tongue off mad when he got humiliated by this opponent or that opponent... but he is just so high, and it's all just part of "his process" and ...

He's not really guilty of much in the interview clip. But I still don't think he's a winner.
Fair enough.