Warriors beating Lakers

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Lakers are down 60-52 in the middle of the third quarter.

That's not why I started the thread. I just noticed a very quiet Vlade Divac, sitting in street clothes, on the end of the bench. He has his chin resting on the palm of his hand. He's not saying a word to anyone...

What a difference...

:(

I'm not suprise...........I don't think there will be any chemistry in this new Lakers so soon (if ever).......and with the me-first attitude of the mighty Kobe.........guess everybody will just do what he said..........and needless to say, that's not Vlade's style........guess his leadership couldn't make a different now that Kobe's in charge....

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He has a herniated disc in his back. They expect him to be able to play once the season starts.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
They are in OT. Now, I have a question. How long has it been since you saw anyone...I repeat...anyone...shoot the ball for the Lakers besides Kobe? Ball Hog?........naw! :p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ha! In a 5 min OT period, the Warriors only scored 4 pts...but the Lakers only scored 2. Kobe missed (at least) his last 4-5 shots.

Warriors win 90-88.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
hoopsfan said:
..and this matters because...??? I thought preseason didn't matter.;)
It would only matter if the Lakers were trying to win by keeping their starters in what would otherwise be a meaningless game. The meaning: This batch in Laekrland as is will be hard pressed to beat the Warriors. Fear not it's only 9 monts unitll the NBA lottery. So the real question is do you feel lucky?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Oh, come on, Laker fans. You don't have to rush over here to defend your team.

1. They lost
2. It doesn't matter - it is preseason
3. As a Kings fan, I love seeing the Lakers lose (preseason or not)
4. Lakers were 1 of 10 in the OT period. How many of those did Kobe take (and miss :p )
5. Can we count on Kobe to take 70% of all Laker shots? ;)

Double-K said:
I'm not suprise...........I don't think there will be any chemistry in this new Lakers so soon (if ever).......and with the me-first attitude of the mighty Kobe.........guess everybody will just do what he said..........and needless to say, that's not Vlade's style........guess his leadership couldn't make a different now that Kobe's in charge....
What are you talking about? This is the best chemistry they've shown in 5 years.

HndsmCelt said:
It would only matter if the Lakers were trying to win by keeping their starters in what would otherwise be a meaningless game. The meaning: This batch in Laekrland as is will be hard pressed to beat the Warriors. Fear not it's only 9 monts unitll the NBA lottery. So the real question is do you feel lucky?
BS.

The preseason is as meaningless as you want it to be. Not every team is already an oiled machine that can afford to sit its starters.

Last edited:
6th said:

1. They lost
4. Lakers were 1 of 10 in the OT period. How many of those did Kobe take (and miss :p )
4. I don't know, but they would've lost by 10 in reg without Kobe leading them to OT.

6th said:

1. They lost
Rudy T. could have designed a play to take the game to 2nd OT but that's unheard of in the pre-season. They got in trouble early, but they came back from 14 points down to lead late. A great speaker once said, "You learn more by losing than you do winning." This young Lakers team can use some beatings at this point. To me, that game was as good as a win.

Lamar_Odom said:
Rudy T. could have designed a play to take the game to 2nd OT but that's unheard of in the pre-season. They got in trouble early, but they came back from 14 points down to lead late. A great speaker once said, "You learn more by losing than you do winning." This young Lakers team can use some beatings at this point. To me, that game was as good as a win.
Rudy designed a bad play at the end of reg that he never would've tried in the regular season. A lob pass with 2.9 secs left? No.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Gargamel said:
BS.

The preseason is as meaningless as you want it to be. Not every team is already an oiled machine that can afford to sit its starters.
Well if you watched the game then you decide the meaning. Hell I'm an Existentialist, I don't belive in "true meanings." But that is MY story and I'm sticking to it. Seemed to me the Lakers were playing liked the game mattered, but you could be right they may have been just jerkig arround out there not caring if they won or lost. Great attitude.

I guess this preaseason game matters when the one on Tuesday night didn't??

Only Laker (preseason) losses count but Kings (preseason) losses don't...right??;)

SacKings384 said:
I was 100% positive that Kobe was gonna take a three... Nice shot selection... 30 foot three has a fantastic chance of going in...
looks like Kobe wants to be a one man show this year...and he's been playing 35 minutes a game in the pre-season because?? its stupid...but obviously it must be HIS choice, no one else on the team is really averaging more than 20 minutes or so in the pre season.

HndsmCelt said:
Well if you watched the game then you decide the meaning. Hell I'm an Existentialist, I don't belive in "true meanings." But that is MY story and I'm sticking to it. Seemed to me the Lakers were playing liked the game mattered, but you could be right they may have been just jerkig arround out there not caring if they won or lost. Great attitude.
The Lakers were playing to win but that is secondary to learning how to play together, and gain some momentum heading to the regular season. This pre-season, their agenda is different than previous years.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Lamar_Odom said:
The Lakers were playing to win but that is secondary to learning how to play together, and gain some momentum heading to the regular season. This pre-season, their agenda is different than previous years.
So they were palying to win, but lost to the new crew of Warriors? Does not sound like a team primed for success to me, but hey who am I to rain on your parade.

Circa_1985_Fan said:
looks like Kobe wants to be a one man show this year...and he's been playing 35 minutes a game in the pre-season because?? its stupid...but obviously it must be HIS choice, no one else on the team is really averaging more than 20 minutes or so in the pre season.
I actually expected more from Odom but he seems confused out there. He has to step up because Kobe can't do it alone.

And your take that Kobe wants to be a one man show is totally BS.

HndsmCelt said:
So they were palying to win, but lost to the new crew of Warriors? Does not sound like a team primed for success to me, but hey who am I to rain on your parade.
I don't expect much from the Lakers this year but it's more realistic for them to make the playoffs than for "experts" predicting their doom that they will be a lottery team. That's just ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if they win their division and for this Lakers team, that would be a huge accomplishment.

One thing is clear - the Lakers are building a fun team to watch.

HndsmCelt said:
This year, they do matter in terms of learning each other and how to play in certain situations, and I never implied that they weren't trying to win, but I'm not surprised that they lost to GS. They've averaged 1 loss to GS per year during Shaq's years with the team.

Circa_1985_Fan said:
Obviously. Rudy T doesn't make the PT decisions.

Lamar_Odom said:
That might have been the alternative play but Cook (I believe he made the inbounds pass) probably panicked and went ahead with plan B when he saw Odom.
I'll give Cook a pass on anything dumb he's done this preseason. I can't believe what I'm seeing from this guy.