Vince Carter has agreed to a one-year deal with the Atlanta Hawks

I would have liked to have him on the Kings roster for one more year, but I get that roster spots are at a premium. It would have been nice for Bagley to have seen his work ethic and take in his wisdom for at least 1 season. Hopefully Fox, Giles, Jackson, Mason and the rest of the young guys picked up enough to pass along.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Good for Vince! I was really hoping that there was room on our roster for him, but realistically assumed it was not. This is a time for the Kings to be testing out a last couple young kids so that they can be evaluated as the team moves forward.

Loved having Vince here and love seeing him still playing in the league. I don't think the Kings really had the roster space for him and I don't doubt that he built a relationship with some of our young guys that he'll still influence them as time goes on. He's a really unique guy who had a really unique career.

He still plays winning basketball in limited minutes. Glad he see him land with another team.
Ehhhh....I loved having him on the team last year. He was a great mentor and leader in the locker room. He gave us some solid minutes. However, keeping it real, he made a lot of plays last year that made me scratch my head. And it wasn’t just him trying to make a play that his 40 year old body can’t take anymore. I remember silly passes and rushed shots late in a couple games that made me cringe. Again, I’m grateful that he was here for a year, but I’m good moving on at this point and giving all those minutes to the youngsters.

I would have loved to see him back on the team on an even more reduced role and be that locker room guy that all the young guys emulate. Consummate professional and genuine nice guys in the league. I wish him all the best doing what he truly loves.