VF21 Challenge Thread - What are you looking forward to the most for this season?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What's the challenge part? POSITIVE OUTLOOK. I know there are a lot of KF peeps out there who are looking forward to the coming season and may not have posted many comments. Well, here's your chance. What are you hoping to see the most?

Let your purple and black fan flag fly!!

#GoKings

1. Wild animals PGs (fox, bear, bulldog).
2. Giles
3. Well rested Bogie, hopefully surgery had only positive impact.
4. JJ improvements
5. Bjelly driving, dishing, defending and scoring from the downtown.
6. Bagley, well, I don't know, earning extension for Vlade.
7. Budy improving even more, raining 3s
8. Skal break out season
9. Terrier defense
10. Beating LeBron L.A.
11. Beating Boogie warriors
12. Returning team spirit of glory days Kings

to be continued...

Last edited:
7 things:
Fox to be a strong candidate for most improved player.
Buddy to continue his upward trajectory toward becoming a great all-around player.
Bogi to get some rest and have a great sophmore season.
JJ to contribute on offense and show he belongs.
Giles and Bagley to compete for ROY (and win and share the award).
WCS to have his breakout year (finally).
All the constant complainers on KFs to take a breather. (Save your "I told you so's" for the end of the year.)

The kids!

I'm thinking we'll see a big 2nd year jump from Fox.

Our rookie bigs (I'm counting Giles) will be fun as heck to watch.

I'm also low key thinking that Buddy is going to be a BEAST next season. That dude works his butt off on his game.
I'm also looking forward to watching the Young Fellas play from the start of the season. Hill and Temple are gone so we should see Fox, Bogi and Buddy play big minutes right away. I'm also expecting big things from Giles, Bagley, Willie, Skal and BJelly.

What exactly Giles contributes. He showed a little bit of everything at different times in summer league, but I still don't have a grip on him.

Fox and Bagley's talents to shine through. They both have weaknesses to work on, but they should be able to outplay lesser players from pure ability and effort. I'm not expecting their breakouts yet.

I want to see Buddy, Bogi, Bjelica and Yogi let it fly. They should be launching 20+ 3s a game between just them. The Kings were a high percentage, low volume shooting team last year. They need to up the volume.

I think after 10 years of early season hope and being disappointed, I now have minimal expectations. The current Kings' team is a fountain of youthful exuberance. They are going to make plenty of mistakes every game, but they are bigger, faster and more athletic than any team we have had for a long time. I would like to see the young guys all make it into the starting lineup. Improved team defense, rebounding and offensive pace would be very refreshing and give them a chance to get better.

I think after 10 years of early season hope and being disappointed, I now have minimal expectations. The current Kings' team is a fountain of youthful exuberance. They are going to make plenty of mistakes every game, but they are bigger, faster and more athletic than any team we have had for a long time. I would like to see the young guys all make it into the starting lineup. Improved team defense, rebounding and offensive pace would be very refreshing and give them a chance to get better.
This is easily the most athletic team in the history of this franchise. I hope coach Joerger takes advantage of that and has this team flying up and down the court.

Turnaround to .500 --- if they can play .500 basketball that would be mission accomplished for the next season. Playoffs would be icing. They need at least 2 players to emerge and lead the team consistently I think for that to happen. Hoping Hield is one of them.

1. Wild animals PGs (fox, bear, bulldog).
2. Giles
3. Well rested Bogie, hopefully surgery had only positive impact.
4. JJ improvements
5. Bjelly driving, dishing, defending and scoring from the downtown.
6. Bagley, well, I don't know, earning extension for Vlade.
7. Budy improving even more, raining 3s
8. Skal break out season
9. Terrier defense
10. Beating LeBron L.A.
11. Beating Boogie warriors
12. Returning team spirit of glory days Kings

to be continued...
I 2nd this!