Veteran KF members - are you still here?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It was mentioned in another thread that we lost a lot of veteran KF members over the past few years. It got me thinking. I went back into the archives and made a partial list of some of those who were here but are MIA. I sure hope they're still Kings fans and I'd love to see them back here for this time around!

Bricklayer
NME - Returned from the ether. ;)
6th
Ryle
ReinadelosReys
GoSACtown
uolj
thedofd
slugking50
nbrans
piksi
Mad D - present and accounted for. My bad.
Geoff
LMM
CruzDude
Glenn
kennadog
mcsluggo
DocHolliday
Prophetess
Kingsgurl
Iggy
Elektrik
Superman
Variant

Last edited:
I have wondered if the V in VF21 is for Valerie. Long, long ago in a now defunct ESPN Kings board there was a Valerie and Renolady. I felt they were both serious well informed posters but often got blasted by some of the male posters, bit unfortunate and over the top. I figured your tenure on this site coincides pretty well with her departure on that site.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have wondered if the V in VF21 is for Valerie. Long, long ago in a now defunct ESPN Kings board there was a Valerie and Renolady. I felt they were both serious well informed posters but often got blasted by some of the male posters, bit unfortunate and over the top. I figured your tenure on this site coincides pretty well with her departure on that site.
VF21 stands for vladefan21. :) I was never active on ESPN boards. I do recall a Renolady from the old bleachermob site however.

Cranky Glenn (usually when arguing with VF21;)) maybe retired to Philippines. He and wife had home on Leyte Island. Otherwise, hopefully happily retired in Sac area.
Thought 6th moved to Maui. I think mentioned desire to retire in tropical paradise.
Being friends with Bajaden seems CruzDude most likely still sharing Corona beers together in retirement bliss on sunny Mexico beach.
Thought Mad D posted recently but no matter I still use quote of his on my profile signature.
One other thought. Old timer poster Purple Reign who is no longer here for whatever reason and my name PurpleHaze once had another poster asking me what my name all about. He thought surely had something to do with certain high potency exotic weed or the Jimi Hendrix Experience song from 1967. Truth is more the later than the former. But what really sparked PurpleHaze was watching Kings on the road in Cleveland during particular downer road trip spring 2007 and suddenly the home team blared tune welcoming Kings back onto the floor from half-time down big - and that song...
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Acting funny, but I don't know why

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cranky Glenn (usually when arguing with VF21;)) maybe retired to Philippines. He and wife had home on Leyte Island. Otherwise, hopefully happily retired in Sac area.
Thought 6th moved to Maui. I think mentioned desire to retire in tropical paradise.
Being friends with Bajaden seems CruzDude most likely still sharing Corona beers together in retirement bliss on sunny Mexico beach.
Thought Mad D posted recently but no matter I still use quote of his on my profile signature.
One other thought. Old timer poster Purple Reign who is no longer here for whatever reason and my name PurpleHaze once had another poster asking me what my name all about. He thought surely had something to do with certain high potency exotic weed or the Jimi Hendrix Experience song from 1967. Truth is more the later than the former. But what really sparked PurpleHaze was watching Kings on the road in Cleveland during particular downer road trip spring 2007 and suddenly the home team blared tune welcoming Kings back onto the floor from half-time down big - and that song...
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Acting funny, but I don't know why

Excuse me while I kiss the sky
6th still lives in the Sacramento area.

I'd love to hear from Glenn. We struck up an unlikely friendship after arguing on this site. Kept in touch on social media and he filled me in on his life. I know he had some health issues, so I much prefer to think he is enjoying retirement in the Philippines as someone mentioned.

Obviously would love to see Brick, Kennadog, uolj, 6th, CruzDude and many other good posters make a return. It's sad that after all these years, now that things are finally looking up (which is what we all wanted), they're not here to enjoy these moments with other fans. Regardless of how we got here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've definitely been lurking more often this season and was thinking about logging on. I was called out, so here I am. :)

I guess I never got my pre-crash join date set.
WELCOME BACK! Feel free to jump in to the conversations. :)

I am old, old member too. I participated on the message board, where the most active member was someone with username Q. Then I moved to this board. I don't remember, maybe this board was successor of that one, I don't know.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME