Vagrant Kings - "Kevin Johnson Hates the Kings" says R.E. Graswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...ayor-is-just-nba-commissioners-loyal-soldier/

I can't belief this MF, has wrote a tell all book on Mayor Johnson

The book also delves into Johnson’s personal life and molestation accusations that came to light during his first mayoral campaign. “Hopefully you still like the guy when you finish reading it,” Graswich said.
The electronic edition of the book will be released on Sunday.
I normally would give some one the benefit of the doubt and wait to read this book, but Graswich for decades has been a snake. And for him to profit off of being a special assistant to Johnson is as slimy as it comes.

I mean did KJ fire this guy?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
R.E. Graswich is, was and always has been a big turd. He worked for Mayor Johnson and undoubtedly took great glee in pretending to be his assistant all the while he was gathering material for this blatant attempt to make money off the story of the Kings.

Graswich was a hack when he wrote for the Bee and I'm willing to bet almost anything he hasn't changed a bit. I absolutely refuse to spend so much as a penny on his book...

Trying to make a quick buck off of someone else's fame.

Unfortunately for KJ, the higher he climbs, the more jealous people who have never done anything with their lives will try to pull him back down.

Even if it were true that KJ hates the Kings, it would all the more justify why he's a good mayor. He's putting the good of the city ahead of the basketball team by demanding a downtown arena as opposed to just keeping the team in Natomas. When he says that "it's bigger than basketball", Graswich is just confirming that with his book.

Mod. note: Part of this post that pertained to a question of why the Kings selected Kenny Smith over KJ has been moved into its own thread here. :) - VF21

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
After watching the TV promotion for Graswich's "book," I am even more convinced that he is bottom-feeding scum. He acts as though being a Mayor and putting your city first is a bad thing. And he doesn't even acknowledge that there's no reason to assume KJ cannot support BOTH the Kings and the city of Sacramento, especially since that's what we've seen with our own eyes since KJ was elected.

Gswich needs to get over himself. I hope his book gets all the sales it deserves.

Even if it were true that KJ hates the Kings, it would all the more justify why he's a good mayor. He's putting the good of the city ahead of the basketball team by demanding a downtown arena as opposed to just keeping the team in Natomas. When he says that "it's bigger than basketball", Graswich is just confirming that with his book.

Mod. note: Part of this post that pertained to a question of why the Kings selected Kenny Smith over KJ has been moved into its own thread here. :) - VF21
Oh ok. Sounds good. I added the draft angle to my post because Graswich seemed to infer that KJ's "hatred" for the Kings stemmed from being passed over in the draft, which led to the article being written.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Graswich is a bitter never-was whose career at the Bee was questionable at best, and the mere fact he was even hired by KJ was seen by many as a mistake at the time. KJ gave him a chance to redeem his career IMHO and Graswich did what Graswich always seems to do. He pooped on it.

Graswich is a bitter never-was whose career at the Bee was questionable at best, and the mere fact he was even hired by KJ was seen by many as a mistake at the time. KJ gave him a chance to redeem his career IMHO and Graswich did what Graswich always seems to do. He pooped on it.
I saw it as more of a calculated move on KJ's part. IMO, he hired the biggest arena critic to stop being an arena critic. Graswich was essentially being paid to shut up. Not sure what led to him writing the tell all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I saw it as more of a calculated move on KJ's part. IMO, he hired the biggest arena critic to stop being an arena critic. Graswich was essentially being paid to shut up. Not sure what led to him writing the tell all.
Simple. $$$$$$ - My cynical guess is the book might well have been funded by some of the same political forces who are trying so hard to tarnish KJ's image in any way possible. His potential for higher political office scares the crap out of some people.

As far as KJ hiring him to stop him from being an arena critic, I personally believe the fact that Graswich accepted a job with KJ is just further proof that he (R.E.) is a soul-less sycophant.

Can't wait to read the book cause im so curious to see what R.E. knows. You people have no idea what a dirtbag KJ is. He is a pretty dam good mayor though.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can't wait to read the book cause im so curious to see what R.E. knows. You people have no idea what a dirtbag KJ is. He is a pretty dam good mayor though.
And you obviously have no idea what a dirtbag R.E. Graswich is. His reporting for the Bee was a joke, and I have no illusions about this "tell all" book being any different.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Graswich has the distinction of being the worse beat writer the Kings have ever had, and considering that Jason Jones is the current writer, that's saying something. He was not only a bad writer, he was despised by just about every fan that read his articles. He's a seller of snake oil. We, as a group, are giving him far more time than he deserves. I would never buy his book, and I have zero respect for the man. And I use the word "Man" loosely in his regard. He's nothing but a cowardly cheap shot artist.

So the majority of the venom here is toward R.E. I understand that. However, im not gonna discount the info he has on KJ until i see what it is. I personally know of some dirtbag S our mayor has done and im curious to see if it's in his book and what else R.E. has. I wanna see what he has, who his sources are, whether personal or second hand, and see how much credence these things have. Im not gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater till i see what it is.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Certainly your right. I, however, KNOW what Graswich is capable of and how he works. He hasn't changed a bit.

One thing? We do not debate politics here. ALL POLITICIANS do some stuff that most of us wouldn't like to know about. It's like knowing how hot dogs are made. Politics is a dirty business.

Bottom line for me is that actions speak louder than words and if it weren't for Kevin Johnson, mayor of Sacramento and supporter of the NBA (and the Sacramento Kings), none of us would be having this discussion. You cannot say the same thing about Graswich.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Reading Graswich's book to check out his sources, is like reading a book by Hitler disparaging the Jews to check out his sources.
So the majority of the venom here is toward R.E. I understand that. However, im not gonna discount the info he has on KJ until i see what it is. I personally know of some dirtbag S our mayor has done and im curious to see if it's in his book and what else R.E. has. I wanna see what he has, who his sources are, whether personal or second hand, and see how much credence these things have. Im not gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater till i see what it is.

If you know some dirtbag S, as you call it, about KJ, then either say what your know, or don't bring it up!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of people insinuating things without saying what they are. If you have proof of something, then state it, otherwise, keep it to yourself. Having said that, if if pertains to politics, then I'm not interested. I could care less what happens in the sacramento political arena.

I'll tell you a little story about Graswich. I met the man once. Shook his hand when introduced, and a bit later I asked him why it was that he couldn't write one positive column about the Kings (he was the beat writer at the time). With a smug, condescending smile on his face, he replied, "Hey, they read my column, don't they? The truth didn't matter to him, only being controversial mattered, because he believed that's what sold papers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...If you know some dirtbag S, as you call it, about KJ, then either say what your know, or don't bring it up!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of people insinuating things without saying what they are. If you have proof of something, then state it, otherwise, keep it to yourself. Having said that, if if pertains to politics, then I'm not interested. I could care less what happens in the sacramento political arena...
Actually, it would be better if you didn't bother posting whatever "dirtbagS" you (fansinceday1) claim to know. It's been long-standing policy around here not to delve into that kind of stuff. Thanks...

Sounds personal. You're hunting for negativity to validate you're own personal feelings, which will keep you being angry and bitter. Have fun with that. This is a Kings board and KJ put everything he had into saving the Kings. I'm OK with that. If I wanted to delve into the personal lives all the players involved, I'm sure there is an endless supply of dirt. Would rather talk basketball than gossip.

I can't trust RE. He has a habit of being lazy and not sourcing properly. He fills in those gaps with his bile and then presents it as truth. It's just not public figures he's burned. He's burned everyday people.

I'm sure it will spill out and we won't be able to avoid being drawn into his little world. Just remember, he's in this for him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
the difficulty is however that when your source is notoriously self serving, muck raking, and sensationalistic, any allegations he makes are almost irrelevant. Might be true, might not. But his saying they are true means virtually nothing. He's a soulless hack who long ago made it clear that he was in the world for one person and one person only: himself.

And you whole usly have no idea what a dirtbag R.E. Graswich is. His reporting for the Bee was a joke, and I have no illusions about this "tell all" book being any different.
Yes, RE is a dirtbag..but so is KJ. I think the whole thing is pretty funny. Birds of a feather

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yes, RE is a dirtbag..but so is KJ. I think the whole thing is pretty funny. Birds of a feather
One of those birds helped us save the Kings. That moves him far ahead of the other bird your referring to. If you don't like KJ, thats fine. I don't know the man, and probably never will. Therefore, I can't comment on any other behavior you might be referencing. RE I have had experience with, and a large sampling of what he might call a product. I won't call him a dirtbag, because that's far too kind of a description. I believe its part of my vacuum cleaner, which is a useful tool. How about a despicable, selfserving human being. Metaphorically, I would compare him to a leech, that finds a host and sucks the blood out of it, trying to improve his lot in life. But when he done destroying the very thing that supports him, he's still a leech.

One of those birds helped us save the Kings. That moves him far ahead of the other bird your referring to. If you don't like KJ, thats fine. I don't know the man, and probably never will. Therefore, I can't comment on any other behavior you might be referencing. RE I have had experience with, and a large sampling of what he might call a product. I won't call him a dirtbag, because that's far too kind of a description. I believe its part of my vacuum cleaner, which is a useful tool. How about a despicable, selfserving human being. Metaphorically, I would compare him to a leech, that finds a host and sucks the blood out of it, trying to improve his lot in life. But when he done destroying the very thing that supports him, he's still a leech.
Since this is a family site, i will not post the articles or the transcripts from the call that police recorded of KJ. I will let you go Google that and you can judge for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Back to the topic at hand... I read the snippet of Ch. 19 that's shared on CrownDowntown.org I am completely and totally unimpressed. Graswicvh's style as an author is about the same as it was when he was a reporter. Certainly not going to waste my time OR MONEY delving any further into his attempt to line his pockets at the expense of someone else.

Blech.

RE has been an arena advocate this time around, as far as I could tell from his tweets recently. Has that changed? If he is advocating for a downtown arena, I'm gonna stay neutral on his character for a while as a practical matter.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RE has been an arena advocate this time around, as far as I could tell from his tweets recently. Has that changed? If he is advocating for a downtown arena, I'm gonna stay neutral on his character for a while as a practical matter.
The only thing you can really tell from his tweets is that he'll say whatever is best for HIM. If he came out publicly against the arena, it would most likely have a negative impact on the few people who would be willing to buy his book - the average Kings fan. He's advocating for himself, it's all he's ever done. His passive-aggressive comments in the teaser for his book ("I really hope people still like Kevin Johnson after reading my book") are par for the course.

If you've ever watched that new show The Bridge, I swear that Matthew Lilliard's character is somewhat based on a guy like R.E. Graswich. I am sure there is some juicy stuff in the book, and maybe even some interesting stuff that should be known, but Graswich is all about Graswich.

If you've ever watched that new show The Bridge, I swear that Matthew Lilliard's character is somewhat based on a guy like R.E. Graswich. I am sure there is some juicy stuff in the book, and maybe even some interesting stuff that should be known, but Graswich is all about Graswich.
Good comparison. I'm looking forward to Wednesday's episode. Too bad nobody gets to knock Graswich off the bridge like they did with Lilliard. Then again, maybe there will be a spinoff and we can call it "Tower Bridge" where King fans toss RE into the river...

Status
Not open for further replies.