Uww. Kings sign Matt Barnes

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Welcome back Matty, don't expect nothing short of all out hustle and grit from you, even if your stint in Sac is short lived.

This is interesting:

I remember it was my senior year at DC and the coach told me we were getting a special player, so I was wondering who was transferring, and found out it was some freshman and almost laughed about it. First time I saw him enter the gym within moments I could see he was something special.

BTW he was a PG his freshman year in High School. He'd sometimes pass you the ball where it would hit you in the face if you weren't paying attention.

I'm glad he is coming home. I haven't spoken to him in a long long time though, he was at UCLA the last time I did.

He's a good guy though, he was never disrespectful to any of the other kids or anything like that at the time.

In a vacuum I'd probably like the signing for the Kings, but some off the court stuff is hard to ignore. I'm not sure I like this move.

Let's count.

2 shooting guards signed, three if you count Barnes (afflalo, Temple, Barnes)

1 small forward (Barnes)

1 stretch 4 / small forward (Tolliver)

0 point guards.

Only 1 point guard on roster who may be suspended for an extended time.

Almost no cap space left, since we had to rescind curry qualifying to sign Barnes.

This all adds up to a trade of Ben mcclemore and either Rudy Gay or KK for a starting point guard.

Point guards on the market? Rubio, Bledsoe, Brandon knight, MCW.

My best guess is Brandon knight for gay or KK and bmac.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I really like this signing. Matt Barnes is, as others have said, the enforcer we need. He's the foot soldier who will do the grunt work. Matty may have had issues with Derek Fisher, but I really don't give a rats' patoot at this point. I want a band of brothers, and Matt fills a need. I'm really getting very enthused about what Vlade and Coach Joerger are putting together. It's shaping up to be an interesting season already...

I like it. Matt is tough as nails. He's played in big games. He can hit the 3. He'll play hard for his hometown team.

Like everyone else, I'm just worried about the PG position.