• Bamba

• Mikal Bridges

• Miles Bridges

• Jackson

• Porter

• T young

• Carter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im leaning more on betting on the upside of Bamba in 3 years time over Jackson who has a higher floor. Its very close though. A lot would depend on an evaluation/projection of 3pt shooting ability.

With Jackson's odd shot, id be very concerned if his range will extend to NBA range. The extra few feet can make a big difference with a wonky shot. Think he is the much safer pick of the 2, unless in workouts his 3pt % falls off a cliff when he steps back a few feet.

Bamba's shot looks good, but will he develop the touch/feel to have it falm at a respectavle rate in mid 30's?

Assuming that both can hit the NBA 3pt, i think this would allow them to play next to WCS (or anyone) and imagining a WCS Bamba/Jackson frontcourt defensively makes me a little weak in the knees lol

WCS also needs to extend his range if kings decide to stick with him longterm. I think he can do it, his shot looks good from there when he takes it.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Even after removing Doncic and Ayton from consideration this is a tough question for me to answer. Bagley producing the way he has after reclassifying and entering college a year early has been eye opening. Bamba is just such a unique physical presence -- he's getting to shots that would skim over Rudy Gobert's fingertips. Jackson isn't the extreme physical presence that Bamba is but he's been even more effective on defense and he's got a better offensive game right now. I like both of the Bridges, I like Wendell Carter, I'm at least intrigued by Michael Porter's potential once he gets healthy. The only guy here I'm not super high on is Trae Young and I can see the argument for him as well -- he leads NCAA div 1 in assists, assist %, PPG and he's top 5 in 3ptFGM.

Mikal Bridges is the only prospect listed here who isn't a super freshman (EDIT: I forgot about Miles Bridges being a sophomore... but he was a super freshman last year anyway) but he's so good defensively and so good from 3pt range that there's very little to be nervous about. I sometimes argue about lack of star potential with upperclassmen but a late bloomer who looks like the best possible version of an NBA role player is a guy I would gladly take a chance on! I end up doing this every year, but get me two picks somehow and we can fill all of our needs at once. Can you imagine building a defense around the length of Mo Bamba and Mikal Bridges? Yes please! What about a super-forward combo of Bagley and Porter? Maybe we start a younger version of New Orleans' All Star frontcourt combo with Jaren Jackson Jr. playing the part of Anthony Davis and Wendell Carter Jr. doing his best Boogie impression? Now I'm just getting greedy but I really don't see a bad option here.

And I still can't answer the poll question. :)

Even after removing Doncic and Ayton from consideration this is a tough question for me to answer. Bagley producing the way he has after reclassifying and entering college a year early has been eye opening. Bamba is just such a unique physical presence -- he's getting to shots that would skim over Rudy Gobert's fingertips. Jackson isn't the extreme physical presence that Bamba is but he's been even more effective on defense and he's got a better offensive game right now. I like both of the Bridges, I like Wendell Carter, I'm at least intrigued by Michael Porter's potential once he gets healthy. The only guy here I'm not super high on is Trae Young and I can see the argument for him as well -- he leads NCAA div 1 in assists, assist %, PPG and he's top 5 in 3ptFGM.

Mikal Bridges is the only prospect listed here who isn't a super freshman (EDIT: I forgot about Miles Bridges being a sophomore... but he was a super freshman last year anyway) but he's so good defensively and so good from 3pt range that there's very little to be nervous about. I sometimes argue about lack of star potential with upperclassmen but a late bloomer who looks like the best possible version of an NBA role player is a guy I would gladly take a chance on! I end up doing this every year, but get me two picks somehow and we can fill all of our needs at once. Can you imagine building a defense around the length of Mo Bamba and Mikal Bridges? Yes please! What about a super-forward combo of Bagley and Porter? Maybe we start a younger version of New Orleans' All Star frontcourt combo with Jaren Jackson Jr. playing the part of Anthony Davis and Wendell Carter Jr. doing his best Boogie impression? Now I'm just getting greedy but I really don't see a bad option here.

And I still can't answer the poll question. :)
In other thread a poster has trade idea for thst Cavs pick that has me drooling. About to go buy a xbox and a new nba game just so i can live the fantasy lol

I’m taking Bagley rather easily he will be a stud in the league 20-10 and I think he can be average defensively. We need scoring and Bagley will do that with a high motor and rebounding plus he has that “IT” to him. Our rebounding problems would be solved with Giles/Bagley frontcourt.

Beast mode!

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'd like Bagley...

But this draft is starting to feel like last year, where I'd be equally happy with just about everyone in the top 3-10.

I'd actually be interested in doing this idea but doing it incrementally.

For instance, we'd start with a thread about "who would you take at #1". Whoever has the most votes after a week is eliminated from the next thread (which would be "who would you take at #2") and so on and so forth. Might be a cool way to pass the time until the draft., and we'd ultimately develop our own KingsFans.com draft board for draft day.

Does anybody else think this would be a good/fun/interesting idea? Would you prefer it to start now? After the tournament? Closer to the draft?

For instance, we'd start with a thread about "who would you take at #1". Whoever has the most votes after a week is eliminated from the next thread (which would be "who would you take at #2") and so on and so forth. Might be a cool way to pass the time until the draft., and we'd ultimately develop our own KingsFans.com draft board for draft day.

Does anybody else think this would be a good/fun/interesting idea? Would you prefer it to start now? After the tournament? Closer to the draft?
Probably after tournament or we will need to do it twice lol

I will still need to watch some of these guys to make up my mind. All of them have high potential but also a few areas of concern.

Jackson Jr. has to have questions about whether he can be THE guy at the next level. Rebounding for position is not great, especially if you are pairing him with WCS. The release point on the jumper means he can only really be a spot up shooter at the next level. There is no potential fade away shot or where he can shoot off the dribble with a defender in his face. If the release point on his jumper was higher, I would be all over him as a pick. As soon as you start playing around with the shot, it could get ugly...see Fultz.

I LOVE Mikal Bridges but can he be the guy at the next level. Gut feel tells me he can but it’s still a question mark! Work ethic and and willingness to get better is there. He could seriously be one of the best if not the best 2 way players in the league in time.

Porter Jr I will need to see the medical report on. Bamba will be a beast defensively and a work in progress offensively. In time he can be a very good to excellent two way player. Will take time for offensive game to develop.

I still claim that Kings need a franchise level guy. Swing for the fences with a guy with the best chance of being that.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member

If you want to, go ahead. Sounds more interesting than most of the threads on the upcoming draft.

I think it is hilarious you are asking if it is "too soon". You guys (not you in particular) have been obsessed with who we may draft for months now - and you are wondering if "now" is too soon? o_O Heck, Ozymandius started a thread on the 2018 draft LAST JULY.

I think you are all way ahead of yourselves, but then again that is why I don't venture into the Prospects forum. :) After the lottery balls are selected is when I start looking at what our options are a bit, and I just check what bajaden, the Captain, and a few others here think.

I'd like Bagley...

But this draft is starting to feel like last year, where I'd be equally happy with just about everyone in the top 3-10.
Would you be happy with Porter Jr? The guy is trash. He is all hype no substance.

If he's smart he will return to college and work on his body and his surgically repaired back. He's not ready for the NBA.

I know it was his first game back and you expect rust. But he's rail thin and unpolished in every facet.

He's basically a gunner who will get bullied by players stronger and faster. He cant guard anyone.

Any chance the Kings have at respectability is going to require adding players who can defend.

This prerequisite for any prospect immediately excludes Porter.

Lauri Markennen was a pure shooter with sturdy physique and he had balance when he attack closeouts.

By contrast Porter is playing on skates with chicken legs.

This is who the draft gurus want to tell you is a fantastic prospect?

This guy would be an epic disaster for the Kings. No defense and shoot 35% FG as a rookie would be my projection.

Of course Vlade wasted a #15 pick on Jackson (over OG and Kouzma), a #22 pick on Malachi, a #6 pick on Willie (over Turner), a #13 pick on Papa G, so I am sure he has Porter J high on his draft board.

With that disclaimer aside, I think this draft is VERY exciting . I like it better than last years draft!

The more I see of the following players the more I love them:

- Bagley Jr
- Mo Bamba
- DeAndre Ayton
- MIles Bridges

Doncic is a good player for us too but I have not studied him a lot.

Mo Bamba and Ayton are incredible. Bamba has a 9'6" standing reach. He almost plays the game like a wing. He's highly coordinated and guards without fouling. He's switchable onto guards which is not something Willie or Skal have had a lot of success with. We need to get one of these above guys.

They are NIGHT and DAY different than being stuck with 6th pick or worse and having to settle for an overrated scarecrow like Porter Jr.

And make no mistake, Vlade will screw this up if he has the chance! Who has two first rounders for us to trade down?? I am sure if such a team exists he already has them on speed dial.

Last edited:
Would you be happy with Porter Jr? The guy is trash. He is all hype no substance.

If he's smart he will return to college and work on his body and his surgically repaired back. He's not ready for the NBA.

I know it was his first game back and you expect rust. But he's rail thin and unpolished in every facet.

He's basically a gunner who will get bullied by players stronger and faster. He cant guard anyone.

Any chance the Kings have at respectability is going to require adding players who can defend.

This prerequisite for any prospect immediately excludes Porter.

Lauri Markennen was a pure shooter with sturdy physique and he had balance when he attack closeouts.

By contrast Porter is playing on skates with chicken legs.

This is who the draft gurus want to tell you is a fantastic prospect?

This guy would be an epic disaster for the Kings. No defense and shoot 35% FG as a rookie would be my projection.

Of course Vlade wasted a #15 pick on Jackson (over OG and Kouzma), a #22 pick on Malachi, a #6 pick on Willie (over Turner), a #13 pick on Papa G, so I am sure he has Porter J high on his draft board.

With that disclaimer aside, I think this draft is VERY exciting . I like it better than last years draft!

The more I see of the following players the more I love them:

- Bagley Jr
- Mo Bamba
- DeAndre Ayton
- MIles Bridges

Doncic is a good player for us too but I have not studied him a lot.

Mo Bamba and Ayton are incredible. Bamba has a 9'6" standing reach. He almost plays the game like a wing. He's highly coordinated and guards without fouling. He's switchable onto guards which is not something Willie or Skal have had a lot of success with. We need to get one of these above guys.

They are NIGHT and DAY different than being stuck with 6th pick or worse and having to settle for an overrated scarecrow like Porter Jr.

And make no mistake, Vlade will screw this up if he has the chance! Who has two first rounders for us to trade down?? I am sure if such a team exists he already has them on speed dial.
I read the last sentence of your posts and immediately narrowed it down to either you or 1 other member.

Bamba would be an interesting pick after Ayton/Doncic... We would have our defensive anchor.. He would allow us to flip WCS for another player/pick (possibly a SF)..

Imagine the Lobs from Bogi to Bamba... :O... that dude could prolly dunk on a 25 foot net.... He's like michale jordan from space jam when he free'd his mind at the end and dunked from half court. Dudes got more reach then Dhalsim from street fighter...

I want defense from this draft... So any 1 of Bamba, Bridges, Jackson jr and i'd be happy. I think La Bamba would be dope tho. Look how well the Jazz are playing with Gobert at the helm.

I would take Jackson if pick is 3 (has a stronger 3pt game than Bagley)
Today’s big men need to shoot 3’s
I would take Bagley if pick is 4
I would take Porter if pick is 5
I would take Bamba if pick is 6
I would take Young if pick is 6
(I don’t care if he’s a Pg) You can never have enough talent in the backcourt

The Bridges and Carter look like role players

we need to seriously start projecting picks 6-10 because most likely that is where we end up.

forget Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba.

Jackson Jr, Carter Jr, Sexton, Young, Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges should be around for us when we pick

we need to seriously start projecting picks 6-10 because most likely that is where we end up.

forget Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba.

Jackson Jr, Carter Jr, Sexton, Young, Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges should be around for us when we pick
Ya barring a miracle we’re lookung at Carter and Makal Bridges. Sexton and Miles Bridges army even in my rader that’s a no from me dawg.

Carter will have a good career excellent passer, shooter, defender 15-10-2 guy. If Giles can hit our rebounding would be instantly fixed with those two and both are good passers.

Getting super hyped about Mikal Bridges. There's nothing about his game I don't like:

-Already a great understanding of how to be a contributor without scoring.
-Great physical/athletic profile with outstanding wing-span: improved his body every year
-Lights-out shooter
-Impact defender, believe he'll be able to guard 1-3 and some 4's in the NBA
-Kept his elite efficiency and improved his TOV rate after adding 8% USG this season.
-Proved he CAN be a top-tier scoring option with high USG after being more of a role player his first 2 years. That jump is always good to see in action.
-Ideal fit with at the 3 next to Fox and Bogdan. Couldn't think of a player profile I'd want more next to those 2.

I guess the only thing that's a "negative" is I wouldn't give him the same elite offensive upside that a Doncic/Ayton/Porter Jr./ Bagley have in this class. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's one of the 3 best overall players in the class.

Ya barring a miracle we’re lookung at Carter and Makal Bridges. Sexton and Miles Bridges army even in my rader that’s a no from me dawg.

Carter will have a good career excellent passer, shooter, defender 15-10-2 guy. If Giles can hit our rebounding would be instantly fixed with those two and both are good passers.
Carter is growing on me. I'm getting Al Horford vibes from him. Maybe not a transcendent talent, but you can still be a very good team if he's one of your best players.

gunks

Hall of Famer
So negative. We’re exactly one game from the 4 spot in the draft. There last still a lot of ball to be played.
We still have a lot of games against rival tankers to close out the year. Joerger is going to ride vets to Ws against them, and then we'll all be told to be happy for "culture wins" against teams trying to lose.

Us picking top 6 isn't a lock at all. Not with our luck and FO.

Getting super hyped about Mikal Bridges. There's nothing about his game I don't like:

-Already a great understanding of how to be a contributor without scoring.
-Great physical/athletic profile with outstanding wing-span: improved his body every year
-Lights-out shooter
-Impact defender, believe he'll be able to guard 1-3 and some 4's in the NBA
-Kept his elite efficiency and improved his TOV rate after adding 8% USG this season.
-Proved he CAN be a top-tier scoring option with high USG after being more of a role player his first 2 years. That jump is always good to see in action.
-Ideal fit with at the 3 next to Fox and Bogdan. Couldn't think of a player profile I'd want more next to those 2.

I guess the only thing that's a "negative" is I wouldn't give him the same elite offensive upside that a Doncic/Ayton/Porter Jr./ Bagley have in this class. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's one of the 3 best overall players in the class.
I co-sign all of this. He’s #4 on my big board behind Doncic/Ayton/JJJ. Just a seamless fit and we’d be set at 1-3 for potentially the next 8 years. Allows us to get really creative in the frontcourt, as well.

I think Ayton's stock fell last night, the question is will it recover or will anyone make a huge push to boost their's now that the spotlight is narrowing.If you think about it the needle really moves for players in the tourney and somebody's stock is going to soar.

If we fall to 8 and Young is there I’m taking him over Bamba and Bridges he has star potential.

He can come off the bench with Buddy Hield and form an unstoppable duel also can play next to Fox in a lot of matchups. Actually a Young, Fox, and Bogdan lineup can close games vs 80% of the league.

Mpg for the backcourt

Fox: 30mpg- Young: 30mpg
Bogdan: 30mpg (10 at Sg) - Hield: 26mpg

He takes a lot of heat but that Oklahoma team is pure garbage absolute trash there’s a reason teams just double him at half court.
Young is close to an elite passer he makes advanced passes in pick and roll that seasoned vets make example is the cross court pass to the corner 3 that harden/Lebron do. I’d put him up there with Bogdan as a passer and playmaker but Young having more potential.