Tyrese Watch 2022-23

That guy has obviously never seen Marvin’s dunk in his first game in the California Classic
I'll take you word for it at Cali Classic. And this dunk was and one. Except live aftermath interesting. Bags looking around for high fives, none to be had until finally Cunningham with the assist gave a slap. Meanwhile, teammates on bench jumped up semi-excited but Detroit morbid fans stayed put in seats. Motown fans ain't like them Sactown fans, Marv.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And then Tyrese airballs a fadeaway three. OKC wins.

Pacers improve their draft position. Shai plowed through the Pacers guards like they were grade schoolers.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Buddy's been playing much better. Hali needs to be more aggressive looking to score
Yeah, in fairness to Buddy, he had a couple of bad plays where he tried doing too much but he was also shooting well on the night and he kept getting the ball because Tyrese kept passing it to him.

He also probably should have touched the ball more in OT instead of the Pacers just letting Lance pound the air out of the ball the whole time.

Same players, different team. Buddy will shoot you out of a game or shoot you back into one. Ty plays great but sometimes defers too much. And the team keeps losing.
Should check out Buddy's postgame where he talks about getting his joy in playing back after not having it for some time. New team, honeymoon period, sure, but suffice to say fans wanted Buddy out of Sac and he wanted out of Sac, so it's a win-win for all parties involved.

In 5 games with the Pacers he's averaging 22/6/5 on 48% field and 39% from 3. Give credit where credit's due. Those stats are surely going to go down long-term when Duarte/Brodgon come back full time, but all I'm saying is he's been looking a lot better than he did his last two months in Sac.

Should check out Buddy's postgame where he talks about getting his joy in playing back after not having it for some time. New team, honeymoon period, sure, but suffice to say fans wanted Buddy out of Sac and he wanted out of Sac, so it's a win-win for all parties involved.

In 5 games with the Pacers he's averaging 22/6/5 on 48% field and 39% from 3. Give credit where credit's due. Those stats are surely going to go down long-term when Duarte/Brodgon come back full time, but all I'm saying is he's been looking a lot better than he did his last two months in Sac.
I’m one of the few that wanted buddy to succeed here but could tell he wanted out. His play as of late showed me as much. So addition by subtraction I guess. Just sucks knowing he had the ability to play well but just didn’t do it here. Kinda same situation with Bags if he goes on to have a long healthy career.

Yeah, in fairness to Buddy, he had a couple of bad plays where he tried doing too much but he was also shooting well on the night and he kept getting the ball because Tyrese kept passing it to him.

He also probably should have touched the ball more in OT instead of the Pacers just letting Lance pound the air out of the ball the whole time.
I wouldn't characterize most of those plays as doing too much - they were pretty clean plays but he was just turning the ball over trying to make the (right) pass off of quick dribble penetration, rather than the iso dribble dribble dribble going nowhere chuck kind of plays we'd see a few times every game with the Kings. Similar kind of stuff you'd sometimes see with Tyrese's turnovers. Some brain farts like the travel call that should have been an easy fast break, and that one play towards the end where he jumped to shoot but passed he should have cut immediately after passing, but got lucky to get the ball back for an open 3. Overall definitely a pretty good game; 29/7/5 on 12-21 shooting.

I’m one of the few that wanted buddy to succeed here but could tell he wanted out. His play as of late showed me as much. So addition by subtraction I guess. Just sucks knowing he had the ability to play well but just didn’t do it here. Kinda same situation with Bags if he goes on to have a long healthy career.
Yep, it be like that sometimes.

It's a pretty great situation for me personally though, I got my wish of Hali and Buddy traded to the same team (assuming it works out and they hold on to Buddy at least for another season or two), and Indiana is the one place in the entire USA I actually have a physical connection to, having spent a semester there on exchange. Seems like they've got a nice young core and some nice vets too, so pretty easy to root for them.

Still watching every Kings game but think I just need a break from being particularly emotionally invested in the Kings.

Yup, Buddy checked out a couple of years ago, after he got paid. Never made a commitment to improving his brain farts and blamed the team for benching him. Buddy always had the ability to be a top notch scorer, but he clearly wasn't going to take accountability for the rest of his bone headed play.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Pacers are currently hitting every single shot they throw up against the Celtics.

Tyrese currently with 16 points at half including a wild circus shot

Pacers are currently hitting every single shot they throw up against the Celtics.

Tyrese currently with 16 points at half including a wild circus shot
Indiana is only 1.5 games back on the Kings in the lottery standings. Tyrese may help Indiana pass the Kings on the win totals and hopefully help the Kings net a top 3 lottery pick! The Kings need as many lottery balls as they can get!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Indiana is only 1.5 games back on the Kings in the lottery standings. Tyrese may help Indiana pass the Kings on the win totals and hopefully help the Kings net a top 3 lottery pick! The Kings need as many lottery balls as they can get!
Tyrese helping the Kings to the promised land even from Indiana. What a mensch!