Tyrese Watch 2022-23

I mean, could you imagine having Sabonis giving you the ball in the right spot with the right stride? Imagine what that'd do to Buddy Hield? :D
He would have the most open looks of his career probably.I bet that was the easiest 30 points Barnes ever scored.All came from open trees, cuts and layups and free throws.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Lol what's the matter guys? Kings not exciting enough for you so you gotta hate on other teams to make yourselves feel better?
I don't think anyone is hating on the Pacers. This thread started as a Haliburton love fest and "oh god we blew it" for 2-3 pages. Then uh, it was pretty much like any Kings game the last 3 years. Man this guys a star yeah yeah nobody will ever miss a shot again until the inevitable blown lead/collapse and this team sucks.

I don't know, nothing to draw from here either way. I wish both Haliburton and even Buddy success. TT well he's a dude he played a few games with us.

But hey, one encouraging sign for the Kings is they Kings got better with increased play while arguably the hot start in Indy was merely anger/relief from certain players. I think both teams get at least a B for this trade based off the first game for each.

I don't think anyone is hating on the Pacers. This thread started as a Haliburton love fest and "oh god we blew it" for 2-3 pages. Then uh, it was pretty much like any Kings game the last 3 years. Man this guys a star yeah yeah nobody will ever miss a shot again until the inevitable blown lead/collapse and this team sucks.

I don't know, nothing to draw from here either way. I wish both Haliburton and even Buddy success. TT well he's a dude he played a few games with us.

But hey, one encouraging sign for the Kings is they Kings got better with increased play while arguably the hot start in Indy was merely anger/relief from certain players. I think both teams get at least a B for this trade based off the first game for each.
This kind of thread is a nice way to check in on Tyrese Haliburton now that he's gone, but I also think Kings fans would be better served by not getting too high or too low over every single game Tyrese plays for the Pacers. Whether or not the trade was a success for the Kings won't be determined this season. Hali's going to play well. From time to time, he's going to play really well. If so, good for him, and good for Indiana if they manage to turn things around with Tyrese as a building block for their franchise. Monte McNair, his eventual choice for head coach, Domantas Sabonis, De'Aaron Fox, and the rest of the Kings have their own work to do to turn things around in Sacramento.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I also think Kings fans would be better served by not getting too high or too low over every single game Tyrese Haliburton plays for the Pacers. Whether or not the trade was a success for the Kings won't be determined this season. Hali's going to play well. From time to time, he's going to play really well. If so, good for him, and good for Indiana if they manage to turn things around with Tyrese as a building block for their franchise. Monte McNair, his eventual choice for head coach, Domantas Sabonis, De'Aaron Fox, and the rest of the Kings have their own work to do to turn things around in Sacramento.
For me it doesn't matter what Haliburton does, what matters is does Fox get his swag back and if we are a 6 seed or better next year. That was what this is about. Playoffs. If we don't make them, it's a bust.