Tyreke out of shape?

From this tweet in August he was reported to look 20 pounds lighter. If true he is back to his plantar fasciitis weight.

Gaining back 20 pounds in a couple months? It's not even Thanksgiving day yet. Team Tyreke did a horrible job at keeping him away from the Halloween candy.

Last edited:
That's very ominous if true. Unprofessional and lazy. I'd often write this off as unreliable, but Givony is usually anything but.

Tyreke needs to show some dedication and motivation if he wants to reach his potential. Not a good sign.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know who this guy is but I see no reason for him to lie about something like this. What is strange though is it's been only a few weeks since we have seen a new workout video with him and he didn't look out of shape or over weight in those videos....so who knows :\

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
if its Givony he's the guy behind draftexpress. Which makes him pretty good at least at the college stuff.

A little note however that may or may not have anything to do with anything: Givony missed on Tyreke, and he's never forgiven him. Cuts him every chance he gets. Does that with all the guys he misses on actually. Its maybe his single biggest weakness. Ego. So Reke may or may not be out of shape (and with the lockout I'm guessing a lot of these guys are going to be now, and the season could be spiraling anyway). But Givony would love it if he were.

He has a little bit of a gut. not 20 lbs.

His back arms and shoulders and chest are stilll muscular and lean...

When was the last time Reke wasn't playing basketball at this time of the year is life? never.

if its Givony he's the guy behind draftexpress. Which makes him pretty good at least at the college stuff.

A little note however that may or may not have anything to do with anything: Givony missed on Tyreke, and he's never forgiven him. Cuts him every chance he gets. Does that with all the guys he misses on actually. Its maybe his single biggest weakness. Ego. So Reke may or may not be out of shape (and with the lockout I'm guessing a lot of these guys are going to be now, and the season could be spiraling anyway). But Givony would love it if he were.
Tyreke's trainor tweeted Govony back saying he was completely wrong, and accused him of being a Laker fan.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
A little note however that may or may not have anything to do with anything: Givony missed on Tyreke, and he's never forgiven him. Cuts him every chance he gets. Does that with all the guys he misses on actually. Its maybe his single biggest weakness. Ego.
This.

I used to like Givony a lot, and I still think he's about as good as it gets as far as predicting draft outcomes, but he's incredibly stubborn and puts on an explicit face of objectivity while playing favorites just like everybody else. He's lost a lot of traffic from me over it.

You can go look at him Sunday night at UC Davis and decide with your own eyes. I don't expect any player to be in NBA shape right now. The only way to do that is get a whole training camp and play big minutes in real NBA games.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Draftexpress is still probably the best free scouting service out there, and Givony does a lot of the scouting. But he's far from infallable. As pointed out, he missed on Tyreke, and he's missed on others as well. Not a big deal, unless you make it a big deal, and I think Givony's ego gets in his way at times. My question would be, is Givony relating what he personally saw, or is he simply retweeting someone else? What is the real source of the information?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well I hadn't been on Twitter all day. But now after checking, and reading all the tweets, it appears that Givony was at a charity game called the I-95 classic, or some such thing. After reading all of his tweets, I can safely discard all of them. There is definite bias. He's so observant, that he said Donte Greene was playing in the game. I happen to know that Donte is in Sacramento. Which he admits much later. He also had to admit later that Tyreke, overweight Evans, scored 36 pts, and made a lot of very tough shots. He did so begrudging. He did not respond to Evans trainer.

For those wondering about Cousins. He spent his friday evening at an event for special needs kids.

Well I hadn't been on Twitter all day. But now after checking, and reading all the tweets, it appears that Givony was at a charity game called the I-95 classic, or some such thing. After reading all of his tweets, I can safely discard all of them. There is definite bias. He's so observant, that he said Donte Greene was playing in the game. I happen to know that Donte is in Sacramento. Which he admits much later. He also had to admit later that Tyreke, overweight Evans, scored 36 pts, and made a lot of very tough shots. He did so begrudging. He did not respond to Evans trainer.

For those wondering about Cousins. He spent his friday evening at an event for special needs kids.
Well someone appears to have lots of free time :)

I saw Tyreke in person a few months ago and my wife and I were surprised at how skinny/lean he looked. I understand that this was a few months ago but I find it hard to believe that he put on that much weight in just a few months.

I know the guy.....

He is definitely out of shape, no way around it.

20 lbs of pure fat?

No way.

Right now he just as immature eating habits. Too much sugar.

A good thing is he only eats Chicken, Turkey, and Fish.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
You guys jumped right to character assassination. Hilarious.
To whom do you refer? Tyreke or Givony? Just about everything that was said about Givony was true. If you want to believe everything you read without questioning it, have at it. However, if your are questioning it, then welcome aboard!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I know the guy.....

He is definitely out of shape, no way around it.

20 lbs of pure fat?

No way.

Right now he just as immature eating habits. Too much sugar.

A good thing is he only eats Chicken, Turkey, and Fish.
I have to admit. After reading your post, I'm totally confused. How can someone that eats only chicken, turkey and fish, eat too much sugar? I think I detect scarcasim!

I have to admit. After reading your post, I'm totally confused. How can someone that eats only chicken, turkey and fish, eat too much sugar? I think I detect scarcasim!

haha funny guy.

I meant as in meat, he doesn't eat beef or pork.

Candy is an issue with a lot of NBA players.

This was tweeted by Jason Jones a little while ago. Take it for what it's worth.

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones
Tyreke is in good shape, like he was when I saw him training in LA. RT @drewkokomo: @mr_jasonjones is tyreke overweight or in shape?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Here's a more recent tweet by Jones.

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones
By the way, if Tyreke Evans is 20 lbs overweight I must be 200 lbs overweight