Tyreke Evans.

No idea whats going on there.

2-13 last night.

he's forcing horrible shots and missing easy layups.

only he knows whats wrong so he'll have to work through it.

When a team is playing as bad as the Kings have been, it makes it hard to say if Tyreke has a problem or if the problem is just the team as a whole. If the team were playing better, maybe Tyreke would be playing better. That's how it seems to me anyways. It doesn't feel like he's hurting the team but rather the team are hurting him. The same can be said for Cousins too.

Hasn't been playing like he should be. Having trouble getting to the rim, and when he does he has trouble finishing. Setting up guys pretty well for outside shots but rarely inside. He's still making careless turnovers by leaving his feet before passing and gets called for offensive fouls rather often. Jumpshot seemed to be getting better, especially before the actual season began but since then has slowly been going down. Makes me curse whenever he pulls up for a quick 3. Really hasn't shined offensively both individually and helping the team, despite supposedly having to carry our scoring more with a defensive line up out on the floor.

On defense though has been alright and gets a number of steals and poke aways.

It's clear that he's not playing at a 100%, and that could be due to a combination of injury, weight gain and sheer laziness, as well as not being helped out much by the other guys on the floor. Still, it's early in the season and Tyreke is a young player - there will be growing pains. I'm looking forward to a better offseason from him at the end of this season, really improving his game so that defences won't be able to stop him so easily.

Playing devils advocate... would you listen to offers for Tyreke... what could he get us in the trade market.
I would certainly listen. We're at the point where when you suck this bad, you do whatever you have to do to put a better team on the floor.

I would certainly listen. We're at the point where when you suck this bad, you do whatever you have to do to put a better team on the floor.
That's a dangerous place to be though because you can fall into that overly reactionary mode that ends up with making trades for the sake of trades. Never trade a player with as much talent and promise as Tyrke unless you're getting someone who's tangibly better right now.

That's a dangerous place to be though because you can fall into that overly reactionary mode that ends up with making trades for the sake of trades. Never trade a player with as much talent and promise as Tyrke unless you're getting someone who's tangibly better right now.
Definitely. It's gotta' be a smart trade for some real talent. "Potential" is fool's gold.

If he had a consistent jump shot he'd be able to get through this a lot quicker. His inability to shoot just highlights his problems even more.

Rondo can't shoot but he can lead and he can dish... you watch Rondo coming up the floor he's calling plays he's directing traffic if he gets the ball back he'll call another play or move some people.

unless tyreke uses a 6th sense i don't see him doing that... i don't really see anyone doing that.

Definitely. It's gotta' be a smart trade for some real talent. "Potential" is fool's gold.
Yep. It would have to be for a top caliber proven player that has at least a few years experience but who is also still young enough to have their best years ahead of them. So someone like Paul, Williams, Carmelo, Rose, Durant, etc. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. You don't want to trade him for someone like Griffin, or Wall because those guys are too young right now and you'd be taking a gamble on them developing up to their potential over the next few years. So basically, you'd be in the same boat with them that you're already in with Tyreke. You also don't want to trade him for a star who's 30ish and entering into the decline of their career.

Last edited:
We wouldn't get Durant or Paul for him though would we, unless these teams are going into re-building mode.

I've not looked at the money so i'm just saying names but i bet we could get Gilbert Arenas for him.

We wouldn't get Durant or Paul for him though would we, unless these teams are going into re-building mode.

I've not looked at the money so i'm just saying names but i bet we could get Gilbert Arenas for him.
Nope, we probably wouldn't and that's why I wouldn't trade him. I don't know about Arenas, Tyreke is actually putting up better numbers than Arenas this year. I don't think I'd do that trade. Isn't Arenas supposed to be a "locker room cancer" too?

Last edited:
People jumping on trading Evans need to relax. Remember last year Derrick Rose got off to a really slow start because of nagging injuries and people figuring out his game. He figured things out mid season and got it going again, so we are just going to have to endure this.

I don't think we should either but what if it was for Carmelo with a 5 year extension, would you do it then?
You'd have to say yes because he's someone who could carry a poor team; i'd rather have tyreke and melo but thats fantasy land.

If you could get melo and get a high lottery pick you'd be laughing.

You'd have to say yes because he's someone who could carry a poor team; i'd rather have tyreke and melo but thats fantasy land.

If you could get melo and get a high lottery pick you'd be laughing.
Yeah that would be sweet if you could get Carmelo at the trade deadline and still end up with a top 5 pick. Even in that case though I'd still hate to see Tyreke go. There's something that's pretty special about building through the draft and actually having it work ala OKC.

I don't disagree that Tyreke is struggling, but entertaining trading him seems crazy at this point. I think he's young, the league has figured him out so now its his turn to adjust. By figure him out I mean send 2-3 defenders his way and force someone else on our team do do something (which they have yet to do consistently). Garcia was doing it to start the season (when we won a few games) but cooled off considerably since then. We aren't playing well together yet so I'm trying to maintain patience and let guys figure it out. Coach Westphal has confused a few times but I'll let it slide a little. He's trying to figure out his young team too.

lol trading him was just a conversation starter.

I don't think at any point anyone said they think we should trade him (so we're not in "lets trade tyreke territory") its just throwing a question out there to gauge the mood.

no need to panic people.

:confused:

I don't understand the logic behind the direction of this thread...
When the discussion immediately goes to trading him, I don't understand the logic either.

A day or two ago I sort of casually suggested sitting Tyreke down for a few games to get his feet and knees some rest and healing time. How could that possibly hurt the team right now? One of the benefits of sitting Tyreke is allowing Beno to start along side Cisco. Evans doesn't complain or want to do this but I'd say do it for a least two or three games and see what happens with Tyreke and what happens with the team. Right now Beno for Tyreke would hurt defensively but help possibly as much or more on the offensive end.

K

Kingsguy881

People jumping on trading Evans need to relax. Remember last year Derrick Rose got off to a really slow start because of nagging injuries and people figuring out his game. He figured things out mid season and got it going again, so we are just going to have to endure this.
This. You people need to chill.

When the discussion immediately goes to trading him, I don't understand the logic either.

A day or two ago I sort of casually suggested sitting Tyreke down for a few games to get his feet and knees some rest and healing time. How could that possibly hurt the team right now? One of the benefits of sitting Tyreke is allowing Beno to start along side Cisco. Evans doesn't complain or want to do this but I'd say do it for a least two or three games and see what happens with Tyreke and what happens with the team. Right now Beno for Tyreke would hurt defensively but help possibly as much or more on the offensive end.
I agree. Let Tyreke rest and heal for a week or so. We are playing like crap anyway, with or without him. If he gets healthier he might be able to help us but right now he looks more lost than anyone out there.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Not only is this thread completely rediculous, but why would you try trading Tyreke when he's playing worse than he ever has since coming into the league? Buy low, sell high ring a bell?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Worst game of Tyreke's young career? Why the trend? How about a little of all of the below:

1) Not enough space on the court due to our low post centers and poor permiter shooting. (Cisco deserves special mention. He has been woeful from the outside).

2) Teams are "loading up" on Tyreke, knowing that if you stop him, you more than likely stop the Kings. It's easier to "load up" because of #1.

3) Tyreke's jump shot hasn't improved. If it has improved, then it's not discernable to the naked eye. He spent a whole summer how not to shoot a jump shot correctly (the high kick is evidence of this fact). So now he has to unlearn what he learned during the summer. Counterproductive is too kind of a word.

4) His ankle. Who knows how much it's bugging him?

He's a tremendous talent who now is going through a tremendous slump, part of which is no fault of his own (the team around him), part of which is due to his own fault (his poor practice regiment during the offseason), and part of which is just due to being young and going through what young guys go through.

People need to chill...you should start worrying when they don't have to defend him with 3 players. He will struggle this year. But he has the work ethic to improve the flaws in his game. If he can improve enough to make half of his open 20 foot jump shots his game will open up again.

Who knows perhaps his offensive struggle will force him to improve his court generalship...