Salmons sick with the "Flu"
Garcia and Greene both getting lots of "showcase" minutes

Hmmmmmmm

Qutlaw gets some playing time and some press in the paper
Honnycutt brought back to Roster from DL

Hmmmmmmm
One can only hope. But to be honest I like what we've been seeing from Greene. I think he's really been one of our best guys off the bench (out of Garcia, Hickson, Greene, IT, Jimmer, Outlaw) when he doesn't just settle for 3s. But he's been rebounding pretty ok, leading numerous good breaks and moving the ball well

One can only hope. But to be honest I like what we've been seeing from Greene. I think he's really been one of our best guys off the bench (out of Garcia, Hickson, Greene, IT, Jimmer, Outlaw) when he doesn't just settle for 3s. But he's been rebounding pretty ok, leading numerous good breaks and moving the ball well
he doesn't get outmatched physically as well.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Qutlaw gets some playing time and some press in the paper
Honnycutt brought back to Roster from DL

Hmmmmmmm
Assume Salmons is in fact sick, which is not a terrible stretch. We know he hasn't been playing well, and Garcia has been playing a bit better. Donte has been filling in at the PF a lot against opponent's second units with Hayes out - we do only have three true bigs right now. And Outlaw was bound to get some PT last night , on the second half of a back-to-back with only nine players in action once Thornton decided he couldn't go.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I really like Honeycutt's athleticism. Hope he gets some minutes to see what he can go, we have nothing to lose. Big athletic SFs give us the biggest problems ie Rudy Gay, Carmelo Anthony, Gerald Wallace, Michael Beasley, Iguodala, etc

I really like Honeycutt's athleticism. Hope he gets some minutes to see what he can go, we have nothing to lose. Big athletic SFs give us the biggest problems ie Rudy Gay, Carmelo Anthony, Gerald Wallace, Michael Beasley, Iguodala, etc
Honeycutt is athletic, but he's rail thin like Kevin Martin. Needs to get a lot stronger.
I'm guessing Smart needs more bodies for full 5 on 5 practice in the coming days. There are a few days for practice later next week.

Honeycutt is athletic, but he's rail thin like Kevin Martin. Needs to get a lot stronger.
I'm guessing Smart needs more bodies for full 5 on 5 practice in the coming days. There are a few days for practice later next week.
Honestly I'd take Kevin Martins skinny body any day! Sure it won't solve our defensive or ball distribution issues but at least Kevin could score points when Thornton or Evans randomly decide to score nothing every other game! MeehH!!

Agree with you that's he's not strong enough. He's thin, but he looks like he has the frame to add bulk, unlike Kevin Martin.

You are most likely correct. It would be great to trade for Prince or that type of SF.

KB

It would likely take Hickson to get Batum. That leaves the Kings thin up front. I don't see the Blazers accepting anyone else the Kings would be willing to give up.

If that deal was done there would be three Bigs once Hayes comes back. That would mean lots of Greene and Outlaw at the Stretch 4.

KB

Last edited:
It would likely take Hickson to get Batum. That leaves the Kings thin up front. I don't see the Blazers accepting anyone else the Kings would be willing to give up.

If that deal was done there would be three Bigs once Hayes comes back. That would mean lots of Greene and Outlaw at the Stretch 4.

KB
hickson, thats it? if so, i'll pack his bags and drive him to the airport if thats the case.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Haha, for real! Hickson for Batum? I'd do that trade 6 days a week and twice on sundays....Or whatever that dumb phrase is.

I think Portland makes this trade. Do not under value JJ Hickson. He would be the 2nd or 3rd Big in terms of value if he was on the Blazers. LMA is better and perhaps Camby, but JJ has youth on him as Camby is 37. The other Bigs on the Blazers roster are Craig Smith 28, Kurt Thomas 39 and Chris Johnson a 26 yo center who was undrafted and plays a few minutes a game.

If Batum is all that why is he not starting over Gerald Wallace?

KN

I think Portland makes this trade. Do not under value JJ Hickson. He would be the 2nd or 3rd Big in terms of value if he was on the Blazers. LMA is better and perhaps Camby, but JJ has youth on him as Camby is 37. The other Bigs on the Blazers roster are Craig Smith 28, Kurt Thomas 39 and Chris Johnson a 26 yo center who was undrafted and plays a few minutes a game.

If Batum is all that why is he not starting over Gerald Wallace?

KN
Cause it's Gerald Wallace.