Travis outlaw?

Entity

Hall of Famer
It's been three games now. Has outlaw had any contribution whatsoever? He is getting good min and a total lack of production on either end of the floor.

I thought he was ok against the Lakers, horrible against Portland and honestly? I didn't even notice him against the Bulls.

I really don't see why Tyler can't get a couple of minutes; especially in garbage time.

im tired of outlaw he has wobbly feet forces dumbas shots that he doesnt even make i mean why is this guy taking garcia or dontes playing time p.w is a total nut he really is donte or garcia deserve to play before outlaw

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't think Outlaw is anywhere near our problem. Look up his career stats. He is not a shooter or a rebounder. He isn't a shot blocker. We got a cheap veteran and that's all. That's all he is showing. I didn't like the pickup but obviously the FO felt the need for another vet (good idea) and have abandoned any thoughts of using Greene or Cisco. It was a mediocre signing but tells loads of what GP thinks of our SFs.

Okay, I think Travis Outlaw himself would agree that he hasn't found his stride yet, but when he does is going to be valuable and productive coming off the bench especially in the fourth quarter. I've seen outlaw come in late in many games and quickly produce a handful of much-needed points. Let's give him some more time because when he starts coming in to preserve a win or helps to get one, he just may turn out to be a fan favorite.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Okay, I think Travis Outlaw himself would agree that he hasn't found his stride yet, but when he does is going to be valuable and productive coming off the bench especially in the fourth quarter. I've seen outlaw come in late in many games and quickly produce a handful of much-needed points. Let's give him some more time because when he starts coming in to preserve a win or helps to get one, he just may turn out to be a fan favorite.
Fill me in on what we should expect. Or someone else fill me in. I thought it a strange pickup when we had Garcia and Greene to limp along with. Outlaw hasn't shown anything but as with almost everything else, it may be far too early to judge.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm still confused why the Kings would sign him for four years. A two year deal maybe I can understand, not an additional two...come on

Fill me in on what we should expect. Or someone else fill me in. I thought it a strange pickup when we had Garcia and Greene to limp along with. Outlaw hasn't shown anything but as with almost everything else, it may be far too early to judge.
First of all I have no idea why Petrie went after outlaw, the fact is, we have him. He's been in the NBA since 03 spending most of his career with Portland. He shoots free throws at an 80% clip field goals and 3 tries right around 40%. Yes his stats may not stand out but I remember when he played against the Kings he seemed to always burn us with 10 or more points. He's a role player who has previously come in for limited minutes and late game situations, no more no less. Granted, his game has not been even within telescopic sight of his normal stats, but until he turns things around I'm going to cut him a little slack.

I'm still confused why the Kings would sign him for four years. A two year deal maybe I can understand, not an additional two...come on
When a team bids on an amnestied player, they are bidding for the remainder of his contract and not X number of years of his deal.

Last off-season, Outlaw signed a 5 year deal with the Nets so he has 4 years remaining. Who ever bid on him must commit to the remaining years of his contract.

He is just another of the troublesome SF brigade. I could understand the idea behind it if we didn't have Greene and Garcia practically filling in the same role. We have more SFs that you could poke a stick at yet none of them are real good.

If Outlaw returns to his "normal" production then that $3 million per season becomes a bit of a bargain and a valuable trading chip after this season BUT you have some major long term money committed your other SFs in Salmons and Garcia.

First of all I have no idea why Petrie went after outlaw, the fact is, we have him. He's been in the NBA since 03 spending most of his career with Portland. He shoots free throws at an 80% clip field goals and 3 tries right around 40%. Yes his stats may not stand out but I remember when he played against the Kings he seemed to always burn us with 10 or more points. He's a role player who has previously come in for limited minutes and late game situations, no more no less. Granted, his game has not been even within telescopic sight of his normal stats, but until he turns things around I'm going to cut him a little slack.
Solid role player but let's not base his career production on what he did against the Kings. Kings have been known to have scrubs have big games against us. Not saying outlaw is a scrub but Tony Delk did drop over 50 points on the Kings once and we went out to get him and true to his form, he sucked for us.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Solid role player but let's not base his career production on what he did against the Kings. Kings have been known to have scrubs have big games against us. Not saying outlaw is a scrub but Tony Delk did drop over 50 points on the Kings once and we went out to get him and true to his form, he sucked for us.
He actually dropped 50 on us after we replaced him with Bobby Jackson

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Rather hilariously, Donte, in a statistical technicality, is on pace for 72 points per 36 minutes. For those curious, worst person on our team in this stat is, you guessed it, Travis Outlaw with a whopping 5.6 per 36 minutes

I know these stats are meaningless through three games but I rather enjoyed them because I am a simple-minded poo-poo head

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Outlaw reminds of Bruce Bowen the way he just stands in the corner waiting for the pass so he can jack up a 3.
If he could D like Bowen, that would be all cool. Roleplayer be handy, and we need more of them. But if that is all you are going to do on offense, then you better be able to stop your guy back the other way.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Someone has probably answered this, but I love redunticy. The Kings claimed him off waivers. Which means you make a bid and the highest bidder wins. He was already signed to a four year contract. Whatever you bid is what you pay against the remainder of the his original contract. His original team pays the rest.