Trade sends IT to Cleveland, Kyrie to Boston

Im gonna call something crazy.

Boogie to the cavs for their #1 pick. IT and Boogie together with lebron. Oh man, id pay to see that team against the warriors.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Im gonna call something crazy.

Boogie to the cavs for their #1 pick. IT and Boogie together with lebron. Oh man, id pay to see that team against the warriors.
Or pay to see a total implosion! It would be fun to look at either way. If that pick is outside of the top 7 maybe. I can't see Cleveland risking it on an impending free agent. If they ended up losing Lebron and Boogie in the summer after dealing that pick for nothing they'd be in some deep doo doo.

God I hate the cavs and how things seem to fall in their laps. Lose lebron the first time, get like 3 #1 picks and a couple #4 picks. Get lebron back after the "fans" burn his jersey and the owner publicly trashes him. Win a title. Then after their allstar point guard wants out. You get an allstar, jae crowder, AND the nets pick?!?! (Which will end up being #1 based on history) Now I know where all the kings good luck went :mad:

Good deal for both teams.

The Celtics lineup is arguably better than last year. They've upgraded their PG and SF positions with Irving and Hayward. Still got high upside talent in Brown and Tatum to bring in, and solid veterans like Horford and Morris to round off their lineup. Plus they've still got draft assets.

The Cavs have got another all star PG that will be happy to play his role. They've acquired a good defensive wing to help them deal with the Warriors. And they got the Nets pick which could/should be a top five selection. Plus if Lebron leaves they will have the Nets pick (if it's a top selection) to help build their next team around, and possibly have IT (if re-signed) and Love to help them remain competitive.

IT will be a Free Agent after this season and has said he expects the MAX. He has the hip injury which is still up in the air as far as surgery being needed. Those are the two factors lowering IT's value IMO. Kyrie is signed for two more seasons at 17 Mil per. Kyrie is also taller and younger. IMO All 3 factors raise his value requiring Ainge to add the pick, Jae and Ante.

I like the Deal for Cleveland if IT is healthy and the hip is not an issue. Jae Crowder is a nice player to have to let Lebron cover the lesser player on defense. The Cavs will field their own version of the "Death Lineup" to combat the GSW. The Nets pick is where the Cavs really get some flexibility in this deal. It will mean a top prospect next season or another All Star in trade if they so choose. Ante is 6 more fouls from a seven footer:)

Kyrie Irving gets his trade wish and still gets to be in the Playoffs. The Celtics have a nice looking lineup though it is unproven. But for Ainge I think the big issue and one of the main reasons he did this deal is they don't have to pay IT the MAX.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
IT will be a Free Agent after this season and has said he expects the MAX. He has the hip injury which is still up in the air as far as surgery being needed. Those are the two factors lowering IT's value IMO. Kyrie is signed for two more seasons at 17 Mil per. Kyrie is also taller and younger. IMO All 3 factors raise his value requiring Ainge to add the pick, Jae and Ante.

I like the Deal for Cleveland if IT is healthy and the hip is not an issue. Jae Crowder is a nice player to have to let Lebron cover the lesser player on defense. The Cavs will field their own version of the "Death Lineup" to combat the GSW. The Nets pick is where the Cavs really get some flexibility in this deal. It will mean a top prospect next season or another All Star in trade if they so choose. Ante is 6 more fouls from a seven footer:)

Kyrie Irving gets his trade wish and still gets to be in the Playoffs. The Celtics have a nice looking lineup though it is unproven. But for Ainge I think the big issue and one of the main reasons he did this deal is they don't have to pay IT the MAX.
Have you seen Ante play? He's actually going to be able to fill a role that the Cavs have had open since the Lakers signed Mozgov away last off season. Still pretty young too and has a motor that should propel him to get better.

I honestly don't know why the hell Danny Ainge decided Kyrie was the guy he'd finally blow his trade wad getting. With the package they gave up for Kyrie, the Celtics probably could have had their pick of any available player not named Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, or Lebron. Despite not having a GM, the Cavs have actually set themselves for one last hurrah this season (at least offensively). Crowder finally gives Lebron help at the small forward position that isn't 40 years old.

Love/Frye/Ante
Lebron/Tristan/
Crowder/Jeff Green/Jefferson
JR Smith/Korver/Shump
IT/Rose/Calderon

Add in the fact that that Brooklyn pick is probably going to be a ticket to choose one of the top five guys in the 2018 draft and the Cavs pretty much made it out of the Kyrie situation in the best shape they possibly could.

I'm honestly not sure if after all of their maneuvering this offseason the Celtics are that much better than they were last season.

Compare: (2017-2018)
Horford
Marcus Morris
Brown/Tatum
Hayward/Smart
Kyrie/Rozier

to 2016-2017
Horford
Amir
Crowder
Bradley
IT

Now obviously, on paper, the 2017-2018 lineup has more all-around offensive fire power than that IT team but lost a lot of its key defensive players and possibly its best trade/future asset in the Brooklyn pick for the purpose of (I'm assuming) a more balanced team offensive attack (not sure if Kyrie has it in him)

Love/Frye/Ante
Lebron/Tristan/
Crowder/Jeff Green/Jefferson
JR Smith/Korver/Shump
IT/Rose/Calderon
+ the rumored D-Wade buyout and signing, and a "lineup of death" matchup looks very interesting:

Love/LeBron/Crowder/Wade/IT

vs. (And this is what it all comes down to)

Green/Durant/Iggy/Thompson/Curry

win win for both teams. Boston to take it all for me. Will be interesting to see how Cleveland integrate wade after his buyout with the bulls inevitably happens.

This trade will be judged based on who is top of the east after the playoff finals and clearly it will be these two going at it.

Unbelievable trade! My two favorite non-Kings are teammates now: Isaiah and LeBron. This means I will be watching at least 164 games next season: every Kings game AND Cavs game! :) I feel the Celtics did Isaiah dirty. He's gotta be hurt but he's resilient dude and won't be down for long. He found a home in Boston after SAC rejected him, after the Suns rejected him, and after Boston embraced him as hero and dimunitive legend to take place in rafters with Bird and McHale! Then Ainge pulled the rug out from under him....heartless!!!!

Isaiah's season ranked Top 10 ever for PGs in terms of scoring efficiency. But I think Ainge was factoring in his hip injury and age and frequency that he hits the court and whether he wanted to commit 100M to 5'9" 30 year old PG. I get his rationale for making the deal, based on age and abuse Isaiah takes and odds he can maintain his level of excellence. Additionally, the Nets pick may not NOT as attractive with all the terrible teams in the East, plus Nets adding Crabbe and Russell with a bunch of other role player types I can see the Nets finishing 5th to 10th worst.

But the short term implications are highly favorable towards the Cavs. There's NO difference between Isaiah and Irving in the regular season. Isaiah was probably better. Isaiah doesn't give an inch to Irving. It is the playoffs Irving has shined. So this would be a fairly even swap straight up. PLUS the Cavs get Croewder on sweetheart deal who will be great relief and support to LeBron and corner three shooter PLUS the Cavs get a rookie big PLUS the pick!

That's a great haul for the Cavs for a guy who wanted out.

There's going to be a HUGE chip on the shoulders of LeBron and Isaiah. I think these guys are going to come together and terrorize the NBA! LeBron is going to have vendetta against Irving. Isaiah is going to have grudge against Danny Ainge. The Celtics edge was their stifling defense with Bradley and Crowder and heart of their team was Isaiah. That is gone. It is going to take time for them to forge a new identity and I don't think they will be as good. I think the Cavs are going to be terrific. Not good enough to beat the Warriors, but good enough to return to the Finals again. I will be rooting for Isaiah. There's NO ONE not wearing Kings uniform I would rather root for.

Watch the cavs flip that Brooklyn pick for Cousins mid season if it's failing in New Orleans.
They will have to send a player with a matching contract and the pick. That is a lot to give up for a half season rental. Plus who does Boogie guard when GSW rolls with the "Death Lineup"?

Yo, @Merdiesel, let me hold that link to the report that said that?
I don't have a report.

I just chat with the old man who has worked outside of the locker room for years for the Kings before almost every home game. He told me DMC would punk on his teammates and IT was one of the few guys who wasn't having it. Apparently they nearly came to blows several times. Also had a similar conversation with Jerry Reynolds right after the Cousins trade and he said pretty much the same thing.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, there you have it: who can impeach the integrity of the old man who works outside the locker room? o_O

But let's stipulate that the truth is one hundred percent as you say it is: 'hated' is past tense, and it's not uncommon for
players who used to hate each other to end up as teammates down the road, without it being a problem.

DMC ran IT out of town. They hated each other.
I saw this with my own eyes and don't know why everybody has such a hard time believing it. Once in particular - game against the Clippers - IT went over to shake hands with CP3 and DeMarcus grabbed him. IT tore himself loose like "wtf!?" Something definitely wasn't right.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's not a question of having a "hard time" believing it. I'm totally willing to believe that Cousins and Thomas hated each other; hell, they might still hate each other, I don't know. I'm willing to believe that Cousins ran Thomas out of town, too... I don't believe it, but I could be convinced.

To me, it's more a question of why should I take some other guy on a message board's word for it? Because he occasionally chats with the old man who works outside the locker room? El Viejo isn't a journalist, so he isn't paid to be impartial; he's going to have his own sensibilities, which inform his perception of whatever he sees or hears. For that matter, none of the posters here are impartial, when it comes to DeMarcus Cousins; some of us claim we are, but none of us actually are. We've all dug in our heels, in terms of where we stand on that dude. Even if I trust the integrity of El Viejo implicitly, why should I give the benefit of the doubt that the other poster is reporting the whole story, and isn't just relaying the portions of information, which he has heard second-hand, that reinforces whatever he's already decided to believe? Like, if El Viejo told buddy a hundred stories about Cousins, and eighty of them are either good or neutral, and twenty of them are bad, and buddy only repeats the twenty bad ones, is that an unbiased account?