Trade Peja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

Whit Eboy

Trade Peja for Artest, we need Artest who can help us to defense.

I know Peja is one of the best shooter in the league, and Artest is not, but i just 100% agree with bobby ------ "if a guy doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here. I want to play with guys who want to be part of this."

I know Peja has done the great job in reagular seasons for the kings, i know many people love peja, but sometimes we have to move on. His defense is always a problem, and he relied on Vlade too much. Now, his shooting with his heart is just away from sac.

What are kings major problems now? Rebound! Defense! just think about that: Artest + Christie, they will be the nightmare for other teams. Kings can still score with Bibby + Bobby, and actually Christe also can score. even Artest's shooting is not as good as peja, his offence ability is at least at the average level in the league. in addition, Artest can score inside, he is really tough, especially in defense.

another reason is that Artest has a longer contact, and it seems that kings almost will lost peja next year for sure. Trade Peja for Artest RIGHT NOW, don't wait until we lost everything.

Not too sure Indy would do that trade anyway. Peja better start playing up to his potential though. Haven't watched any games but does he seeem like he cares out there?? Are the bigs setting screens for him??

KingKong said:
Not too sure Indy would do that trade anyway. Peja better start playing up to his potential though. Haven't watched any games but does he seeem like he cares out there?? Are the bigs setting screens for him??
from what i have heard ( mostly last year, during the offseason) is the pacers were trying to get rid of artest becuase of his temper. that wouldn't work on the kings.

if peja keeps shooting like he has, then i might join the "trade peja" bandwagon ( and i say MIGHT ) but for now, hell no!!! it's been 2 freaking games. the team as a whole hasn't been very good.

GO PEJA!!! GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!

Kings can still score with Bibby + Bobby, and actually Christe also can score. even Artest's shooting is not as good as peja, his offence ability is at least at the average level in the league.
Relying on offense from Christie (as if that's a gamble) and accepting an average shooter for Peja, in exchange for some defense from a naughty Artest sounds like a good idea?

Peja's offense is argueably the best in the league. I think there's a better chance of seeing Adelman pound players to learn to play defense, than Artest for Peja ever working.

But I feel ya man, it would be nice to be able to do something about what we saw from Peja first two games, it truly sucked. But don't go throwing out the baby with the bath water! (oh, was that a Freudian slip?)

i felt like the only thing we don't have is consistency. seems like when we play well, we play too well, when we play bad, we play really bad. :(

oh well, it's too early to call anyway. i'd give them more time to 'gel' and get back in their season shape.

on the other hand, jazz looks pretty athletic tonight. and lakers..., what lakers? :D

Well Artest has been looking really good. Had a terrific offensive game as well. But, I think that we should we should still stay with Peja. I think that we are hitting the panic button too soon. Wait for a few games and things should be fine.

albeitrue said:
Peja's offense is argueably the best in the league. I think there's a better chance of seeing Adelman pound players to learn to play defense, than Artest for Peja ever working.
Peja may have a claim for best shot in the league, but best offense is probably a bit of a stretch. He's only got about two dimensions on offense, and failed to add a third this summer (post-up game). Still, I can't say I'm surprised by his disappearing act in the second when Bowen is guarding him.

It's only 2 games... If the Kings continue to struggle... I sadly agree with Barkley... If it aint workin, nothin wrong with taking a chance and trading for Artest...

W

Whit Eboy

I am not talking about ONLY TWO GAMES, do u guys believe that kings' defense and rebound will suddenly become good in next game or next next game?

the main point is Artest + Christie in defense, and B & B in offence. Without Peja, but with Artest, we may lost 10 points in offence, but we could cut down 15 points lost or more in defense. And in playoff, probably we can also get the advantage in the offence.

At this point the Pacers would be stupid to do that trade. Trading a defensive monster, with good offensive skills for a exceptional 3pt shooter that fades when a little bit of pressure is thrown his way, is not a smart move. As far as Peja's potential, I think Brick was right on this, we might have already seen the best of Peja. Hope he proves me wrong.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Whit Eboy said:
I am not talking about ONLY TWO GAMES, do u guys believe that kings' defense and rebound will suddenly become good in next game or next next game?

the main point is Artest + Christie in defense, and B & B in offence. Without Peja, but with Artest, we may lost 10 points in offence, but we could cut down 15 points lost or more in defense. And in playoff, probably we can also get the advantage in the offence.
It would not suprise me to see a big yurn arround in the next 3-5 games.

Actually yes, I'd trade Peja for Artest in a second, if I were Petrie. The guy isn't happy here, is easily shut down by a good perimeter defender, and doesn't do much else if he's not hitting spot up jump shots. He's an average rebounder, average defender, and average passer. Artest is the reigning DPOY and is an efficient 18 ppg scorer (his rebound and assist numbers combined are a little higher than Peja's, too).

That said, to make a thread about this two games into the regular season is absolutely absurd and makes you look stupid.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Artest is a good scorer at this point, but efficient he ain't. He forces everything, with mixed results. And an oft overlooked fact about Artest is that despite his ruggedness he is actually a WORSE rebounder than Peja. Its not always greener (although it might be).

Furthermore you can only jump on the trade Peja bandwagon right now if your concern is that he's the same player he was last year, no better, no worse. Tonight's performance against Bowen was no surprise -- looks just like all of his other performances against the Spurs for years now. Its got nothing to do with Webber (stays constant regardless of whether Webber is healthy or not), and everything to do with the hole in Peja's game vs. feisty quick guys who get in his shirt.

This game:
41min 15pts (.357, .667, .750) 4reb 3ast

Previous career vs. Bowen/Spurs (11gms):
35.5min 15.9pts (.395, .432, .960) 5.4reb 1.5ast

I think the appropriate concern here is not that Peja is dogging it and not putting forth sufficient effort THIS season and thus should be traded. Its that he's the same guy with the same limitations. Does that mean you trade him? Perhaps, but not unless you're damn sure you're getting an upgrade.

I wouldn't even be thinking of a possible (Peja) trade this far (or should I say early???) in the season. Personally, I think it's not the easiest task to find someone of equal value, and I'm not talking salary. I'm expecting a lot from the team this season, but I don't think it would be too absurd to even be thinking of giving him (and the rest of the team, for that matter) some slack... at least, for now.

don't trade peja.
he's not the only one with problems and definitely not the King's only problem.
it'll be easier to try and work with peja than getting a new person and orient that person to the team now.
the kings are struggling through some issues, i don't see them to last forever, i think they just need some time to get on their feet.
this is a team with championship potential. they really have more to give.
they need peja, trading him would be digging too big a hole for the team to get out of.

i don't know why is he the one to blame for the losses...i didn't see the game, but didn't he do okay on the second game? and he wasn't the only one with problems during the first game either.

Ok first of all, we have just played two of the best teams in the league these past nights whose offense is among the best, true our defense has been horrible but i think once the Kings get a little more comfortable, like playing at home, it will be like we haven't lost a step, I mean we have never really been that great of a road team, and what have the first games been...on the road...(and they were even home openers, everybody knows how hard home teams play on opening night) against two very, very good teams.

I don't think trading artest for peja would be a good idea at all, how do you think webber and artest will react to eachother? I don't know if artest and webb have a friendship at all, but if they dont it would be a colliding of worlds that might just send us into a downward spiral. Don't get me wrong i think that artest is exactly the PLAYER we need, but he's not the type of PERSON we need on our team or in the locker room.

I have faith that within time the kings will find thier comfort zone, and my prediction is that it will come on saturday against the rockets, we can definitely take them, even if it is a home opener. Hopefully you guys will have faith in the team as well. GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its all kind of silly anyway, Petrie loves Peja (perhaps a little more than he should ina cold rational calculating manner), and he's not going to trade him unless a) he's dogging it; b) he has another miserable playoff season and it becomes apparent that he's not really helping us to our championship goal when it matters (the playoffs); c) he is still insistent on a trade at the end of the season, we are trying to rebuild, and we can't afford to have him just walk (COULD happen mid-year, but we would have to be having a disastrous, beyond help sort of year -- Petrie is not a mid-year reverse course sort of GM).

None of those things takes place early in the season except a) (the dogging it scenario). And even that has no place in the discussion for weeks at least. Guys are allowed to have 2 game slumps without calls for their head (except Webb ;) ).

P.S. Artest has the talent, but there are actually a number of players around the league that I'd rather see us go after just because Artest also has the potential to sink whatever ship he happens to be on. Its a scary tradeoff.

I'M ALL FOR IT TOO....TRADE PEJA

IF YOU WATCHED LAST NIGHTS GAME......YOU CAN HEAR GRANT NAPIER SAYING, PEJA IS NOT REBOUNDING THE BALL. like I always say...peja is to soft.

I knew this (peja trade talk, c-webb trade talk, fire the coach:rolleyes: ....etc)is gonna happen within the Taxas trip period........

keep in mind that all the teams we are facing and going to face next couple of games (Dallas, San Antonio or Houston) are having their home court season opener........

In case you guys are not familiar with this term, it's something in the NBA regular season we call it an "AWAY game".........

just keep that in mind......guys....:rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...sigh...

And some things just never change.

;)

Pedja worked his posterior off last night.

We're playing the Texas triangle. Dirk is always gonna be tough; so is Tim Duncan - you know, as in Tim Duncan always a contender for league MVP???

I have been openly critical of Pedja this summer. But the summer is past. He's playing, honoring his contract, and it actually seems as though he's getting along fine with the rest of the team.

He's not dogging it, although I do wish personally he'd come in for a rebounds once ina while.

You don't trade a guy after two games, especially the first two games of the season on the road against teams like Dallas and San Antonio.

His shot is starting to come back. I'm not gonna support letting it get all the way back with him in a Pacers uniform.

:rolleyes:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Of course on a compleetly unselfish note perhaps the best thing that could happen for Pedja would be to spend a few years under Birds tutalige...