Trade Deadline Rumors

I figured this would be better than creating a thread for each rumor.

Gery Woelfel: Bucks still being linked in trade rumors for Kings rookie guard Nik Stauskas. Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Ramona Shelburne Among teams Nuggs have discussed Afflalo w/ -- Portland, Chi, Clips, Mia, Sac. He's got a player option next year, so (first-round pick) is a lot to ask Twitter @ramonashelburne

Not sure we have the chips required for Affalo but he would be a good for for us.

Not sure what we can bring in from the Bucks that worth giving up on Stauskas this early. I know he has struggled this season but so did Ben last year and many others before them.

I suspect coach Karl would have some reasonable input in all these moves.

The good thing about kanter is he can stretch the floor and rebound unfortunately he is a below average defender. I still see us trading for Faried on draft day.

On Afflalo I would love him here the thing is with the teams chasing him only the bulls can beat a Nik/DWill offer. Portland, clippers, and miami don't have any picks or young talent so let's hope Chicago goes for kevin Martin instead. I think at 29 AA still has 6 good years left getting 12+ppg off the bench.

Afflalo would be great, I always wanted him on the Kings. For what I have read, the Nuggets want a first rounder for him. When you think about our latest draft luck, I would be okay with dealing our next pick, but Afflalo has a player option for next year. Do you guys think he would resign, with Coach Karl on board ?

Afflalo would be a great fit for this team, but part of me thinks it's worth just waiting until summer to see if he declines his option, then possibly signing him outright without losing any assets other than cap space. If guys liked playing for him before, free agency is one area where Karl should hopefully help.

Afflalo would be great, I always wanted him on the Kings. For what I have read, the Nuggets want a first rounder for him. When you think about our latest draft luck, I would be okay with dealing our next pick, but Afflalo has a player option for next year. Do you guys think he would resign, with Coach Karl on board ?
I think he would, but I don't think he's worth our 1st round pick. I think there are a nice groups of FA SGs this year if that's what you're looking for. Affalo has his PO, but then there's Gerald Green, Wesley Matthews, and Danny Green.

I think it might be worth waiting to see if Affalo declines his option.

I say go after Kanter with some sort of Stauskas/DWill type deal (even though i don't think that is a fair offer)...just to gauge what UT would want for him if they actually accommodate his trade request. Right now he is behind Favors and Gobert, so maybe they would be ok with trading him.

There's also the UCLA connection with Collison and Afflalo. Darren commented earlier this season, that most of the UCLA guys he played around have stayed close.

I make a strong move for Afflalo, which solidifies a core group of focused professionals, in Collison, Gay, and Afflalo,...who all will have continued positive influences on DMC.

You have to give something to get something. Probably Ben. Stauskas stays and develops and matures physically for a couple seasons behind Afflalo. Who knows, maybe he's a Gordon Hayward type player at the SG position in a few years.

No matter how you slice the rest of the roster, a starting core of Collison, Afflalo, Gay, and Cousins....with a motivational leader and tactician in George Karl, lighting a fire beneath them,....is a dangerous team

I was so upset when Denver traded for Afflalo for basically nothing on draft day. He's a smart player who can hit the 3 and defend, which is exactly what we need here, and they let him go in Orlando so cheap! It hurts to think what we could have gotten him for if we swooped on him earlier. Combined that with the chemistry from coach Karl and Darren Collison, and i think we should go after him hard. He's a great fit, whether he starts or comes off the bench, i think Mclemore can learn a lot from this guys

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'd much rather give up Stauskas.

Ben contributes right now. If you swap Ben for Affalo then you're sort of in the same boat. No bench. Same amount of 3pt shooting threats.
Yeah really. I don't see the point of getting rid of Ben at this point for less than a star. I DO see the point of getting him a steady vet platoon partner. Afflalo's just not so much better than Ben's likely prime that you give up all those Ben years and $$ to get him. Now you put Afflalo and Ben together there, and that's suddenly a very solid position for us.

If Gerald Green wasn't an expiring, I'd offer Rudy for Dragic+Green.

It would be perfect for both teams
Yup. My only reservation is that I think we'd miss Gay's size and post game in the playoffs. I worry that Dragic, just because he's a small guard, could be defended easier. I would like to have all three of them, and yeah it is the IT-Gay-Cuz lineup all over again, but I was a huge fan of that trio.

Last edited:
Yup. My only reservation is that I think we'd miss Gay's size and post game in the playoffs. I worry that Dragic, just because he's a small guard, could be defended easier. I would like to have all three of them, and yeah it is the IT-Gay-Cuz lineup all over again, but I was a huge fan of that trio.
Gay is someone who would excel in the playoffs, without a doubt..he'd be the 3rd hardest matchup behind KD and James. I believe Dragic is 6'4 so he certainly does have the length to defend. Yea I agree with it being like the IT-Gay-Cuz lineup.

It's just really difficult to find good players to surround 2 heavily ball dominate ISO players.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think worrying about our lack of size in the playoffs after making that trade, is truly putting the cart before the horse.