TNT Preshow comments

Anyone watch the TNT preshow. They talked about the Kings and how Peja still wants out. David Aldridge says he talked to Peja this morning and DA said Peja knows he won't be traded anytime soon, but maybe by the trade deadline. (Anyone know if this is true or more of the some rumors) Is anyone else sick and tired of all this talk. Is this how it's going to be all season, until Peja is actually traded? Of course Charles said the Kings should trade Peja for Ron Artest and without the trade the Kings have no chance of winning. I really hope the Kings prove everyone wrong.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Pejda is going no where this year or next unless the Kings get to the finals. Then his value goes up for next year. If he slides againg in playoffs like past couple of years, then his trade value goes down next year.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
CruzDude said:
Pejda is going no where this year or next unless the Kings get to the finals. Then his value goes up for next year. If he slides againg in playoffs like past couple of years, then his trade value goes down next year.
I disagree with that. I think there are two ways he could go:

1) we hit the end of the year and he still wants to leave. I think if we win the championship that will be unlikely, so that probably only happens if we fall short (but he may change his mind anyway). In that position we will absolutely need to move him or risk a disastrous defection with no return.

2) he wants to stay, but we fall short again and Peja has another terrible playoff. If we end up deciding to tear down the team and rebuild, I see Bibby and Miller as the only relatviely sure players to return. If Peja does not look like he can be "the man" on a playoff team, he might join the exodus as the most valuable trading piece in an effort to get a true goto guy.