Tim Thomas

Not that it really matters, but was just watching 4 Qtrs. on ESPN News and Greg Anthony threw the Kings in as a one of the teams that was looking at Tim Thomas. I give Greg Anthony about .0001% credibility in the first place, with any rumor. Not sure if I'd bring Thomas in, even though he is very active on every end of the court, much like Jim Jackson was when we brought him in.(would obviously effect the minutes for Garcia/Martin once Bonzi came back) He could be afforded for the rest of the season at the league minimum, too. Thoughts??

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Circa_1985_Fan said:
Not that it really matters, but was just watching 4 Qtrs. on ESPN News and Greg Anthony threw the Kings in as a one of the teams that was looking at Tim Thomas. I give Greg Anthony about .0001% credibility in the first place, with any rumor. Not sure if I'd bring Thomas in, even though he is very active on every end of the court, much like Jim Jackson was when we brought him in.(would obviously effect the minutes for Garcia/Martin once Bonzi came back) He could be afforded for the rest of the season at the league minimum, too. Thoughts??
Hard to imagine, and not sure where he plays anyway. With Bonzi on his way back Artest/Bonzi/Martin/Garcia/Reef/Thomas has all the OG/Sf/PF minutes wrapped up. Who would Tim Thomas -- a middling talent -- replace?

Bricklayer said:
Hard to imagine, and not sure where he plays anyway. With Bonzi on his way back Artest/Bonzi/Martin/Garcia/Reef/Thomas has all the OG/Sf/PF minutes wrapped up. Who would Tim Thomas -- a middling talent -- replace?
I thought that to be the obvious thing, as well. But stranger things have happened during the 'Petrie Years'.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Greg Anthony didn't exactly say that the Kings are looking at him, just that he "could see" him landing here as a possible destination. I as well don't see how he would fit in here. He'll land with the Suns I think. He could play C for them.

SacTownKid said:
Greg Anthony didn't exactly say that the Kings are looking at him, just that he "could see" him landing here as a possible destination. I as well don't see how he would fit in here. He'll land with the Suns I think. He could play C for them.
more of a likely fit, with Kurt Thomas going down recently.

I wouldn't mind him at all, would definitely help out our bench. Like Delk would, but he's wanted by Detroit...

I ultimately see Tee Tee going to the Spurs or Suns though. Hopefully out of those two, the Spurs. :)

Kings113 said:
I wouldn't mind him at all, would definitely help out our bench. Like Delk would, but he's wanted by Detroit...

I ultimately see Tee Tee going to the Spurs or Suns though. Hopefully out of those two, the Spurs. :)
If Bonzi cant come back, I wouldnt mind picking him up...better option than playing Monia or even Corliss(although he should be in the rotation in SOME fashion, he's not THAT old, and he DID win 6th man of the year just 2 short years ago)

looks like this is about to be over anyways:

Nets losing out on Tim Thomas
Suns likely to land Paterson native
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
BY DAVE D'ALESSANDRO
Star-Ledger Staff
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Nets didn't play last night, but they may have suffered the biggest setback of their season.

The resolution of the Tim Thomas buyout agreement was nearly final last night, and it included the provision that the Paterson native would not play for an Eastern Conference team once he is released to become a free agent.

According to a league official, Thomas is headed to Phoenix, which has a frontcourt shortage because of the recent loss of Kurt Thomas, who might miss the rest of the season with a stress fracture in his foot.