Tie breaker - Coin flip

just glad they don't drag it out. If Portland beats NO , looks like a coin flip between NO and Dallas. Our best case scenario is 8 and 9 going into the lotto.

just glad they don't drag it out. If Portland beats NO , looks like a coin flip between NO and Dallas. Our best case scenario is 8 and 9 going into the lotto.
Or 5 and 9 should we finally luck into the top 3 in time for Vlade to wear the pick swap on national TV. Higher positioning nonetheless

the best outcome for us would be:
1. winning lotto into the #3 spot.....which also bumps the Fakers out of a draft pick :D
2. we then "suffer" the "humiliation" of a pick swap between 3 and 5 (only)
3. we leave the draft with picks 5 and 9

or better yet, but virtually impossible:
1. we win the 2nd spot, philly wins the 1st spot, Fakers get bumped.....we get 2 and 9!
is this possible? what are the odds? :eek:

Well I'm disappointed Portland didn't pull the win, however, if you had told me after the Cousins trade that the NO pick could be as high as 10 I would have been surprised. They pretty much gave up resting Cuz And Davis several games ago.

It's actually okay that N.O. won. There would have been a coin flip and there was a 50/50 chance they would have wound up at #10 anyways.

Plus, if N.O. tied for 9/10, N.O. would have got more ping pong balls for the lotto.

So, 8 and 10 is good for me. :)
There odds would have improved by about .3%. But the differnce between 9 and 10 could be getting frank ntilikina or lauri markkanen.

There odds would have improved by about .3%. But the differnce between 9 and 10 could be getting frank ntilikina or lauri markkanen.
The odds would had changed from 4% to 5.05% chance of N.O. getting in the top 3.

And it would be 50/50 that the pick would had stayed at #10 anyways.

It is what it is, can't change the results now. Don't forget we came into last night tied for 8/9 and N.O. was solidly at #10 (no one would had thought Dallas would win), so we came out of the night with lone possession of 8 and 10, could had been a lot worse. :)

Last edited:
But the differnce between 9 and 10 could be getting frank ntilikina or lauri markkanen.
That can be easily solved by picking Ntilikina at #8 and someone else at #10.

Dallas shouldn't be looking for a SF after signing Barnes last year to a max deal anyways and Dallas tanked so hard down the stretch, I don't think they would trade their pick.

The odds would had changed from 4% to 5.05% chance of N.O. getting in the top 3.

And it would be 50/50 that the pick would had stayed at #10 anyways.

It is what it is, can't change the results now. Don't forget we came into last night tied for 8/9 and N.O. was solidly at #10 (no one would had thought Dallas would win), so we came out of the night with lone possession of 8 and 10, could had been a lot worse. :)
Where you getting your odds? I see #9 at 1.7% and #10 at 1.1%. If they tie they then both teams get the same odds so you average it. There maybe 1 number combo left over that I believe the coin flip winner gets.

That can be easily solved by picking Ntilikina at #8 and someone else at #10.

Dallas shouldn't be looking for a SF after signing Barnes last year to a max deal anyways and Dallas tanked so hard down the stretch, I don't think they would trade their pick.
So your going to possibly pass on Tatum or Isaac?

Where you getting your odds? I see #9 at 1.7% and #10 at 1.1%. If they tie they then both teams get the same odds so you average it. There maybe 1 number combo left over that I believe the coin flip winner gets.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...jected-order-and-odds-for-every-team-involved

Number 9 pick has a 6.1% chance at top 3 and Number 10 has a 4% chance at top 3.

If they tie 9/10, they add up the ping pong balls and divide by 2, therefore 5.05% of us losing the N.O. pick.

There is a 50/50 chance of getting #9 or #10 with the coin flip, so 50 % chance we get #10 anyways and an increased risk (from 4% to 5.05%) of losing the N.O. pick all together.

Last edited:
So your going to possibly pass on Tatum or Isaac?
No, but like I said, you would draft according to who is drafting at #9, between your #8 and #10 pick.

Since Dallas is picking at #9, and they don't need a small forward, but they do need a point guard, I would draft PG with the #8 pick and I would draft the SF at #10.

I have a feeling that Dallas may like Marrkaren at #9.

I can see NY going Issac just as an FU to Carmelo. Doubt they want any of the PG's because Phil Jackson only likes 3 and D PG's anyway.

Kings may have their pick of Ntililikina and Smith. I like Ntililikina long term though Smith will probably make us look stupid for the first couple of years.

BTW, Minnesota won the coin flip 6/7 tie breaker with New York:

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/draft-lottery/

Minnesota #6
New York #7
Sacramento #8
Dallas #9
Sacramento (hopefully) #10
Sorry I did not see this and posted it under another thread. Anyways lucky Wolves. They paid a price several years back for Mchales antics but they sure have had their way with the lottery the last few years.
I also wonder how might Wolves before Knicks might effect the draft outcome.

I can see NY going Issac just as an FU to Carmelo. Doubt they want any of the PG's because Phil Jackson only likes 3 and D PG's anyway.

Kings may have their pick of Ntililikina and Smith. I like Ntililikina long term though Smith will probably make us look stupid for the first couple of years.
Hell no, Knicks are going to take point guard 100 %.

So would you rather have pick #8 or pick #4? Seem pretty straightforward to me! :D
The question is would you rather a top 3 pick or top 4?!

If Kings do get into the top 3 and need to swap, you just watch the crapstorm that will create nationally. You think Kings have been copping it from everywhere latetly. It nothing to what it will be like. And then watch Vivek jump at shadows again and sink the ship AGAIN!

The question is would you rather a top 3 pick or top 4?!

If Kings do get into the top 3 and need to swap, you just watch the poopoostorm that will create nationally. You think Kings have been copping it from everywhere latetly. It nothing to what it will be like. And then watch Vivek jump at shadows again and sink the ship AGAIN!
Since when we worry about poopoostorm, as if it is not constantly on the Kings :D

Right now, 4th pick would be worth it.