Tiago Splitter

The kings should draft Tiago Splitter

He is a Brazilian who plays for Tau Ceramica in The Euro LEague and Sapnish League

he has good size and quickness
6"11

he is the brazilian dalembert

Sackings8390 said:

He is a Brazilian who plays for Tau Ceramica in The Euro LEague and Sapnish League

6"11

He's good. I also like current Brazilian players Nene (Nuggets) and Anderson Vajeo (Cavs). I haven't seen a Brazilian player in Basketball or Soccer that was a slug or underachiever. It's in their heritage to bring energy and hustle to their games, some of the best Soccer players in the world are Brazilian (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, etc). Thiago, a small Brazilian playmaker for my favorite soccer team the Chicago Fire is a bundle of energy and creativity.

I know we are taking about Basketball here, but I like the 2 current Brazilian NBA players a lot and Thiago looks like he will do the same as these guys in the NBA when he gets drafted. I'm also all for a athletic/active PF/C or more natural PF than a sluggish/unathletic Center, even if we get someone 6'10" - 7' PF instead of a 7'+ Center who is slow.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AriesMar27 said:
barbosa is brazilian too... are there any bad brazilian players?
If there are 3 in the NBA and one being talked about, that makes a total of 4. I'm guessing there are a lot more than 4 total basketball players in Brazil, so the answer to your question is "probably."

Sackings8390 said:
6"11
Yeah, right. Splitter is pretty average leaper - he has very nice vertical but he's not explosive by any means. Given starters minutes in NBA he will probably have 1 block or so: he never tries to reach in for blocks. He's a solid defender due to his length and quickness but he's very far from Daly in his playing style(I'm not comparing their impact on D).
The main problem with him is buyout. There's rumors differing from him having huge buyout to no buyout at all. He is under contract till summer 2008 and president of Tau made it known he wants Splitter to stay till the end of the contract. Tau basicly made Tiago what he is now: he came there when he was 15 and Tau invested very much in him so I think with his personality he won't pout which means if he'll stay in this draft at all his team will have to wait for him. Though this situation may drop him in late teens.
If buyout problems are dealt with Splitter will be in 5-12 range.