This season is over... Any questions?

S

sactownfan

just wasted one more year of All-star Cousins... My heart goes out to this guy. Best big in the league who's career has been almost totally overshadowed by horrible owners, horrible teammates, horrible coaches and horrible front office staff (Vlade excluded... For now)

Just a waste... If this team can't get the right coach in here and a better combo of talent by the All-star break next year Cousins is gone for sure.... I wouldn't fault him one bit. I'd be asking for a trade by then too.

Clock is ticking on this cluster &@"$: of a roster, coaching staff, owner and poor Vlade... Who's got to be the one to fix it ASAP.

Unbelievable... This franchise... How many new coaches in how many years?

All I can say is Cousins could pull some serious (most likely younger) talent back in return... So we won't be without any hope...

But just sad to know we had this monster of a player but couldn't just get a even decent cast of people around him with even a little bit of stability...

Historic year by Boogie just wasted by this franchise

Shooting guards that can't shoot... Classic!

And on top of that lets have a PG that can't shoot either... While teams with shooting backcourts and no name bigs destroy teams. Let's have no shooting in our back court! Then run Cousins body thru a buzz saw of fouls and triple teams

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sure, we can keep telling ourselves statistically that we are still in it, but numbers aren't the end of all things. You have to look at it from the eye test sometimes and just come to the conclusion that there is no desire, hunger and passion to play for the playoffs. It comes and goes in small spurts and from only a certain player or two, other than that...the proof is right in front of us.

Thank goodness this season is over. I love this franchise, but this particular team I do not like or enjoy a bit. I am ready for another major over-haul. I am not even particular which type of changes are made. Just do not make me watch these guys play again next year.

Last edited:
I don't think it is over, and each loss against a major powerhouse doesn't make it any more "over" than it was yesterday.

When .500 is mathematically out of reach I'll call the season over.

Just been too many startling come-backs (more prevalent in baseball I think) where a team comes from 7 back with 11 to play or something like that. So I'm not turning in my fan card yet on this season.

But, ok, yeah... it's "kinda" over.

Let rondo walk
Trade gay
Trade Marco
Keep 2k
Trade Ben
Give Seth and Willie more PT

I know we can come up with a solid 2 guard, and a decent defender out of this right?

By all means u keep boogie

Until the ENTIRE organization embraces defense the Kings will continue to lose and disappoint.

A defensive minded GM needs to hire a defensive minded coach. Then both need to sit down and weed out the garbage on the current roster and select the players they need to win games.

This season is over... Any questions?

Yeah... How I got beaten to the punch. I guess I'm just too optimistic. I came on here today to post the same thing !

I held out till that last game to proclaim the corpse cold. I knew death was near when they didn't get a 2 guard to patch the gaping hole in the front court. To watch the no defense GYROZ we have playing guard is too painful to bear. It is a TRAVISHAMOCKERY. Trade or release them all !

I dunno who or what or how, but something has to go right for the Kings eventually. Not this year certainly. This is a sickening carbon copy of last year... and the year before... etc...

At some point even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Isn't there any luck to be had ? Luck has got to change. SOMETHING has to go in their favor. Great season by Cousins and a surprisingly good season by Rondo overshadowed by complete incompetence at the 2 guard position and general apathy.

Trade Gay. He don't wanna be here. He doesn't help you win games.
Release Ben Mac. He is a bust. Anyone who refutes that is just living in a dreamworld.
Trade or release Collison. He's a poor quality backup PG.

Make a MAXIMUM effort to surround Cousins with talent in the off season or trade him. He deserves MUCH better than this garbage. I'd have a bad attitude too if I was surrounded with poor talent and I was a competitor. Making 30/12 almost nightly while my teammates lolly gag and play no defense is reprehensible.

The talent level improved from last year but it is still VERY poor. Record don't LIE. Hopefully Vlade can draft another good player and we can move on from this malaise that is sickeningly reminiscent of Groundhogs Day...

If you are still pulling for an 8th seed, Gawd Bless Ya ! You are a better fan than I.

just wasted one more year of All-star Cousins... My heart goes out to this guy. Best big in the league who's career has been almost totally overshadowed by horrible owners, horrible teammates, horrible coaches and horrible front office staff (Vlade excluded... For now)

Just a waste... If this team can't get the right coach in here and a better combo of talent by the All-star break next year Cousins is gone for sure.... I wouldn't fault him one bit. I'd be asking for a trade by then too.

Clock is ticking on this cluster &@"$: of a roster, coaching staff, owner and poor Vlade... Who's got to be the one to fix it ASAP.

Unbelievable... This franchise... How many new coaches in how many years?

All I can say is Cousins could pull some serious (most likely younger) talent back in return... So we won't be without any hope...

But just sad to know we had this monster of a player but couldn't just get a even decent cast of people around him with even a little bit of stability...

Historic year by Boogie just wasted by this franchise

Shooting guards that can't shoot... Classic!

And on top of that lets have a PG that can't shoot either... While teams with shooting backcourts and no name bigs destroy teams. Let's have no shooting in our back court!
Then run Cousins body thru a buzz saw of fouls and triple teams
Good post, but....

It's not about our offense.

It's about our defense.

Nice defense, Karl.

Let rondo walk
Trade gay
Trade Marco
Keep 2k
Trade Ben
Give Seth and Willie more PT
I know we can come up with a solid 2 guard, and a decent defender out of this right?
By all means u keep boogie
We're won't be able to keep Boogie if we do this, and we don't deserve to.

People get that right? Boogie will not stay with us. He will demand a trade. That's how it works these days with sports agents. No sports agent worth his salt would let Boogie go through another rebuild at this time in his career. I mean if he did stay, he should qualify for Sainthood.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This team has been one of the least likeable Kings teams in recent memory. Darren, Omri, Quincy, WCS, Seth are the only pieces that have been a pleasure to cheer for on a consistent basis all season.
I find these statements, and you are not alone, kind of bizarre.

They may have been more frustrating than other teams because this is the one that actually could have done something, but there has been a sickness in this fanbase since before the season even started, By our modest standards this has actually been one of our better teams since we had actual good ones. We've actually got a guy who passes, which is novel. And they mostly stuck together too through all the self-inflicted wounds.

Last edited:
Typical Kings fans, giving up right away even with just a tiny scratch.
The season ain't over, support your team till the last game.
If I live in Sacramento, I'll still be there till the last game of the season cheering like crap because Boogie needs to be cheered till his last game this season.
That for being an all-star alone.
Even the math won't give you zero probability on this.

They may have been more frustrating than other teams because this is the one that actually could have done something, but there has been a sickness in this fanbase since before the season even started, By our modest standards this has actually been one of our better teams since we had actual good ones. We've actually got a guy who passes, which is novel. And they mostly stuck together too through all the self-inflicted wounds.
The best player on the team is also the most passionate but he can't control his emotions and is a mental midget. Rudy inspires nobody, plays with no passion, and has zero killer instinct. Rondo, while exciting at times on offense, negates that with his pathetic effort on defense. It's pretty obvious that he's just setting himself up to get paid next year by another team.

There is your "Big 3."

BMac: Brain dead

Collison: Decent but clearly not happy with his role and tries to "get his" way too much

Belli: A shooter who can't shoot

2k: meh

WCS: The one bright spot this year and in the foreseeable future

Casspi, Acy, Curry: Can be inspiring at times but none are good enough to really make a difference

It's actually pretty easy to see why this team is so unlikeable, especially with a 24-34 record.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

Talented and successful don't equate directly to likable though wins do tend to raise the likability index of players.

I don't like having a starting point guard who Kobe Bryant affectionately calls "an ***hole like me", who doesn't really even try on defense and who screamed slurs at a gay referee.

I love Cousins' talent but I tire of him losing his temper, especially when it takes him out of a game (mentally or by ejection) because it makes me feel that when the going gets tough he's more likely to crumple than find the resolve to lead his team.

Rudy Gay is languid and inoffensive but he's also not especially memorable and doesn't generate a lot of fan excitement.

And those three are the "core" of the team.

Combine that with the fact that the Kings have routinely lost games this year to teams less "talented" but who played much harder and it's easy to see why people might find this squad hard to really embrace.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm not sold on the idea that all this team needs is a new coach. Finding the Holy Grail seems to be nothing compared to finding the "right" coach for this team. This team has insufficient talent, leadership, and grit. Unfortunately, I've got no confidence that management of this team knows how to turn this around. They shot their wad on this group and it is a failure. Now what?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm not sold on the idea that all this team needs is a new coach. Finding the Holy Grail seems to be nothing compared to finding the "right" coach for this team. This team has insufficient talent, leadership, and grit. Unfortunately, I've got no confidence that management of this team knows how to turn this around. They shot their wad on this group and it is a failure. Now what?
Don't worry...we will hear more rumors after the season is over how the minority owners want Vivek out or some type of dysfunctional rumor as it pertains to the front office will surface again.

S

sactownfan

Well like
Good post, but....

It's not about our offense.

It's about our defense.

Nice defense, Karl.
Those defensive schemes are just the worst I've ever seen. Like a zone with excessive and unnecessary switching.

We should start thinking about maybe shutting down Cousins... At least giving him less mins

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The blame does not solely lie on on person this season, there is a void and disconnect between all parties involved in this organization right now, from players to players agent's to coaching staff to minority owners to the GM and President of operations itself. You cannot have a successful franchise with so many parties involved on the wrong page and it trickles down to the product on the court.

There is a lack of foresight and vision for this team, you need all parties involved to buy in and sacrifice in order to make that vision come true, this is a company and the Kings are a product. Sure we can nitpick Marco's defense or Cousin's personality or Collison's missed freethrows at the end of a quarter, but in the grand scheme of things those are minor details compared to the dysfunction in the organization leading to a bad product on the floor. People need to be able to do their jobs.

tldr

IMO - The problems for the Kings are bigger than the coach and the players on the court, it is about the inconsistency and dysfunction between all parties involved in the franchise leading to a poor product.

Literally the only thing stable throughout the years of this Franchise's existence was the unrelenting support of some of the most passionate fans in any sport

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Well like

Those defensive schemes are just the worst I've ever seen. Like a zone with excessive and unnecessary switching. Karl's offense and defense is epically awful.

We should start thinking about maybe shutting down Cousins... At least giving him less mins
Even I have lost any feeling pf positiveness about this team. (Yes, I know there is a spectacular arena being constructed) Even I can see the crappy defense. Even I understand that the answer to any offensive problem is not always to push the pace. As to Cuz, he doesn't have any career ending damage which actually is amazing considering the bashing and banging he has endured and dished out.

We have no control over this team with Karl as coach. He won't shut down anything. He'll continue to do whatever it is that he is doing. It's sad. I'm not even sure if he is in control or if it is his acolytes.

I'll keep watching. Crazy, huh? It's better than watching "My 600 Pound Life" I guess. Stay strong fans. The ship can be righted ......... next year.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The blame does not solely lie on on person this season, there is a void and disconnect between all parties involved in this organization right now, from players to players agent's to coaching staff to minority owners to the GM and President of operations itself. You cannot have a successful franchise with so many parties involved on the wrong page and it trickles down to the product on the court.

There is a lack of foresight and vision for this team, you need all parties involved to buy in and sacrifice in order to make that vision come true, this is a company and the Kings are a product. Sure we can nitpick Marco's defense or Cousin's personality or Collison's missed freethrows at the end of a quarter, but in the grand scheme of things those are minor details compared to the dysfunction in the organization leading to a bad product on the floor. People need to be able to do their jobs.

tldr

IMO - The problems for the Kings are bigger than the coach and the players on the court, it is about the inconsistency and dysfunction between all parties involved in the franchise leading to a poor product.

Literally the only thing stable throughout the years of this Franchise's existence was the unrelenting support of some of the most passionate fans in any sport
You are correct or at least have someone who agrees with you: ME!

I think the problems can be fixed and it rests on Vivek's narrow shoulders allowing Vlade's big shoulders to set us in the right direction. Get a GM. Let the GM have his own coach. Make a few tweaks here or there. We can be damn good. Next year.

You are correct or at least have someone who agrees with you: ME!

I think the problems can be fixed and it rests on Vivek's narrow shoulders allowing Vlade's big shoulders to set us in the right direction. Get a GM. Let the GM have his own coach. Make a few tweaks here or there. We can be damn good. Next year.
One tweak here:

Unless Demarcus, Rondo, and the lead player(s) are on board with the next coach, the Kings will not be successful.

This organization has to stop thinking they can push down their concept of basketball on to these elite players, regardless of what they want or are suited for.

Without player buy-in, this coaching hire is likely to follow the same pattern as the failed previous choices.
It's about time the franchise recognizes that it's a players league, and get a coach that the players will die for out on the court.

On these lines -
has any news person ever asked Cousins who he would like to coach the team next year? (Obviously he can't answer when the coaching status is uncertain, but since once Karl is assured of not coming back quasi-officially, Demarcus should be able to give an opinion as to who he and the team would like to see. It should be OK for the players to have opinions about who they'd like coaching them).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On these lines -
has any news person ever asked Cousins who he would like to coach the team next year? (Obviously he can't answer when the coaching status is uncertain, but since once Karl is assured of not coming back quasi-officially, Demarcus should be able to give an opinion as to who he and the team would like to see. It should be OK for the players to have opinions about who they'd like coaching them).
Any player who would answer that question is an idiot.