This says a lot to me about the average Kings fan in Sacramento...

This is from the article in today's Bee about 20 memorable moments in Kings history. Sacramento people seem to be passionate about their team, but also quite...impatient? A feeling of entitlement? Forgetting how bad things were back in the day and having overly-hyped expectations? I dunno, but in regards to stuff like firing Adelman and trading Webber and whatnot, be careful what you wish for: it might happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
June 1, 1994; Petrie comes aboard - Since his hiring, Geoff Petrie has twice been named NBA Executive of the Year. He builds the Kings into contenders with a flurry of trades, draft selections and free-agent signings.
His biggest moves include signing Divac and Bobby Jackson as free agents, trading Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber, drafting Stojakovic (even though Kings fans booed the choice), trading for Christie and hiring coach Rick Adelman.

One more thing in hiring winning coaches vs. coachs who are good for the team; not neccessarily the same thing!

This is a really good article, I didn't know a lot of the stuff that it's talking about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Jan. 4, 1990; a whole lotta Motta - Dick Motta could coach. He guided the Washington Bullets to an NBA title in 1978. When the Kings hire him, he's the third-winningest coach in league history.

But he's the wrong man at the wrong time for the Kings. He goes 48-113 in his Sacramento stint, clashes with young players, fails to inspire the veterans, and the team goes nowhere despite a league-record four first-round draft picks in 1990.

The drafted players - Lionel Simmons, Duane Causwell, Travis Mays and Anthony Bonner - continue the team's dreadful history.

Motta is fired on Christmas Eve. He now lives in blissful retirement in Idaho and Utah.

"It was the best Christmas present I ever had, still is," Motta says. "I lived through all of that. I'm not worried about my legacy. I know who I am."

Geoff said:
This is from the article in today's Bee about 20 memorable moments in Kings history. Sacramento people seem to be passionate about their team, but also quite...impatient? A feeling of entitlement? Forgetting how bad things were back in the day and having overly-hyped expectations? I dunno, but in regards to stuff like firing Adelman and trading Webber and whatnot, be careful what you wish for: it might happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
June 1, 1994; Petrie comes aboard - Since his hiring, Geoff Petrie has twice been named NBA Executive of the Year. He builds the Kings into contenders with a flurry of trades, draft selections and free-agent signings.
His biggest moves include signing Divac and Bobby Jackson as free agents, trading Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber, drafting Stojakovic (even though Kings fans booed the choice), trading for Christie and hiring coach Rick Adelman.
What was wrong with booing the pick??? No one knew who he was and the MVP of the most recent NCAA championship team was still on the board and everyone wanted him(John Wallace). I remember watching Wallace in the championship game thinking what a great player he was and how the Kings could use him and that was probably the prevailing thought with most Kings fans. As it turned out Wallace pretty much sucked(even though he's still in the league) and Peja turned out to be pretty good.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I booed the Peja pick from cross country too and had a good laugh wiht my brother about how only the Kings would pick some unknown Euro kid witha stud still on the board. Oops! The fact of the matter is 90% of the country thought that was a dumb pick. It was back at the dawn of the Euro invasion era, and nobody was following the kids in Europe. More booing out of ignorance than anything else. But it was a pretty universal ignorance.

Re: the article. BIG thumbs down for the Bee and Joe Davidson. These are the Kings 20 most memorable momments? Please. These are pathetic.

Re: Peja.....ahhh, remember when we still called him "Predrag" :)

piksi

Hall of Famer
ReinadelosReys said:
Re: the article. BIG thumbs down for the Bee and Joe Davidson. These are the Kings 20 most memorable momments? Please. These are pathetic.

Re: Peja.....ahhh, remember when we still called him "Predrag" :)
some people still do

one all-time moment that I thought belonged on this list was when then-owner Greg Lukenbill climbed up into the rafters to stretch a banner under a hole in the roof to prevent a game from being forfeited.