this is the worst thing i seen in my life

Jerry Reynolds summarizes this catastrophe w/ the words, "what can you say. there isn't anything you can say. Well there is plenty to say. This wasn't just the Kings having an off quarter or missing all 20 shots. It was about total disintegration on the offensive end and the inability of the coach to find a group of guys that can effectively run offensive sets. This is the pros ain't it?

I mean give lots of credit to AK47 and special mention to Tag for brilliant defensive efforts but come on, coach. Get these guys organized. Run sets. Picks. Spread the floor. Run the picks and rolls. Fundamentals. Hello?

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Nazman said:
Jerry Reynolds summarizes this catastrophe w/ the words, "what can you say. there isn't anything you can say. Well there is plenty to say. This wasn't just the Kings having an off quarter or missing all 20 shots. It was about total disintegration on the offensive end and the inability of the coach to find a group of guys that can effectively run offensive sets. This is the pros ain't it?

I mean give lots of credit to AK47 and special mention to Tag for brilliant defensive efforts but come on, coach. Get these guys organized. Run sets. Picks. Spread the floor. Run the picks and rolls. Fundamentals. Hello?
Think for a second how many games these guys have even practiced together, let alone played. Then after Ron goes out its another new linuep. And all probably while trying to work in new offensve wrinkles.

That said, we were doing fine for 3/4. We just collapsed. Did the coach make them collapse?

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If Ron is hurt that would be a backbreaker. Hope we get a decent lotto pick. These guys won't EVER go 0-?? in a quarter again, you can bank on that.

Bricklayer said:
Think for a second how many games these guys have even practiced together, let alone played. Then after Ron goes out its another new linuep. And all probably while trying to work in new offensve wrinkles.

That said, we were doing fine for 3/4. We just collapsed. Did the coach make them collapse?
Just reporting what i saw and how i would explain the outcome...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
...That said, we were doing fine for 3/4. We just collapsed. Did the coach make them collapse?
There in hangs the tale that the lazy or casual observer will invaribly miss. IF you want to BLAME Adelman for the collaps in the fourth... then you must CREDIT him with the first 3 quarters then finaly reconcile the deiscrepancy. But lets be realistic, there is so much more, and a game is so much more complicated that that analysis requires thinking... far better to grab your torch and pitch fork and storm the castle!

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
Think for a second how many games these guys have even poracticed together, let alone played. Then after Ron goes out its another new linuep. And all probably while trying to work in new offensve wrinkles.

Enough excuses. We are going no where. Changes need to be made and quickly if we are going to make it to the playoffs.

HndsmCelt said:
lets be realistic, there is so much more, and a game is so much more complicated that that analysis requires thinking... far better to grab your torch and pitch fork and storm the castle!
Interestingly enough i have never to my knowledge advocated or supported the notion that Rick Adelman be fired. But if you read my post you could possibly ascertain that i was commenting on Jerry Reynolds surmising that there was no explanation for the fourth quarter debacle and i felt that there was...

Just a clarification.

T

thesanityannex

AleksandarN said:
Changes need to be made and quickly if we are going to make it to the playoffs.
Any more changes and the team will have to change its name.

I cant believe this...I left the gym, it was 69-56...Kings...with 10 mins. to go. I jumped on the train, got home, checked the score, turned on the TV and...what the?!?!?

Bricklayer said:

RA HAS however, played a big part in them losing the 4th quarter & pressure situations in a lot of games this year though.

This is absolutely a pathetic showing.Talk about not being able to sustain a lead or close a game out. Wow..to say this is really dissapointing would be an understatement.

GoSACtown said:
the worst quarter i have ever seen in nba history....horrible....sorry pieces of ****
Not even close to the worst quarter in kings history, How long have you been a fan? the kings once scored 4 points in a quarter without making a FG against the lakers.

You're not going to make this team an instant contender by just trading. People wanted Peja out of here so bad. Well, now he's gone. We are still losing games we should win. It's just bad team chemistry. Morale must be so low right now.

AleksandarN said:
Well the players we have are not getting it done. Whether it is the coach or the players something needs to be done.
every change we make, and the team just seems to do worse.

Diehard Jim said:
Not even close to the worst quarter in kings history, How long have you been a fan? the kings once scored 4 points in a quarter without making a FG against the lakers.
for some reason this is NOT making me feel any better right now. I actually feel kind of disgusted by the effort in the 4th, I mean are these professional athletes or not? 0-20? What a nightmare.

Vlad said:
every change we make, and the team just seems to do worse.
No I said it before we need to change our core completely in order for us to go forward. We are not strong enough defensively to over whatever we lack in Chemistry. We have no leader or teamwork on this squad. This must be addressed.

AleksandarN said:
Well the players we have are not getting it done. Whether it is the coach or the players something needs to be done.
Aleksandar
I would agree w/ others that the first three quarters were running fairly smoothly with periods of brilliant play and teamwork. In fact there were moments that i thought to myself that this is one of the better games i've ever seen from the Kings this year and was feeling more hopeful for a turnaround this season.

That's all the more reason why i was so upset w/ the total flakeout in the fourth quarter. It just seemed like they totally lost focus and control of their game and i think the multitude of turnovers and the 0 for 20 quarter would suggest that something went terribly off course. Those are situations that IMHO the coach is accountable...

I think Bonzi and Bibby toked up before the game. I blame Bonzi's nine (?) turnovers on grossly excessive consumption of the righteous weed. There is no other possible explanation. Drug tests around!!!

The whole team is smoking now.

Utah is going to get hammered on Sunday.

Besides, didn't we set a League record tonight?

:eek: