The MMA thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah, reading that back it’s kind of horrible.

Idk, I’ve watched Jones since his second UFC fight, when he was 8-0... he was one of the main guys who got me into the sport more than just a casual viewer. (Along with Urijah Faber)
I can see where you're coming from with that, and that probably accounts for a lot of the disconnect. I am a relatively late-comer to the UFC; Jon Jones had already been exposed as a POS by the time I'd first heard of him.

I'd say that consuming UFC is a lot like consuming a lot of other forms of entertainment, but particularly wrasslin: There's something of a one-way connection that has to be established between you, and who you're watching on TV, to be able to enjoy what you're seeing, and it becomes difficult when you go into it already knowing that they're horrible people. It's the same way that some people have always been able to overlook Hulk Hogan's ****ery, because their attachment to Hogan was forged during the heyday of Hulkamania. I was exclusively a GCW/NWA/Crockett guy until I was thirteen; I sometimes wonder if I'm the only guy in America who grew up in the eighties who never saw a minute of that damned cartoon? My first exposure to Hulk Hogan was the Mega Powers exploding, and I could never understand why people were rooting for that jackass... And then, his real life **** got exposed and, welp...

TJ cut to much weight and his body/head could not take any contact that's why imo he got stopped so easily he got hit by a much bigger puncher in Cody but he was not dehydrated like he was vs Henry the guy looked like the machinist/skeleator before the weigh ins

TJ cut to much weight and his body/head could not take any contact that's why imo he got stopped so easily he got hit by a much bigger puncher in Cody but he was not dehydrated like he was vs Henry the guy looked like the machinist/skeleator before the weigh ins
It’s crazy how some of these guys get in a cage 24hrs after cutting extreme weight

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Urijah Faber is coming out of retirement to fight at the G1C UFC Card.

Against Ricky Simon, who I haven’t heard of but is 15-1.

I really really hope he doesn’t look like an outclassed shell of his former self...

My god that KO of Overeem was disgusting.
Honestly I know the heavyweight division depth is awful but guys like Rothwell/Overreem/Mir/Barnett and other old fighters need to retire the amount of trauma these guys have taken (Reem/Mir have suffered countless brutal KO's) is getting to much the sad thing is skills wise they are still way better than everyone other than Stipe/DC he put on a clinic till he got KO'ed. Rozenstrith might have the best chin in HW the guy was taking full blood hooks from Reem who is a former K1 kickboxing champ (was clearly on roids) and has killed people with that hook.

Fedor please retire man I know you smashed Rampage and your still more athletic than 95% of the heavyweights in MMA but come on man your 43 and your chin is glass just go off into the sunset with a win please.

Before dropping him with the head kick, he smashed Cowboy's nose with freaking shoulder strikes. He positioned his body to get a direct hit on the nose. Never seen anything like that. Jon Jones will use his shoulder to soften a guy up a little, but not as a weapon.

I hate Conor McGregor but my word... he just destroyed Cowboy Cerrone.
The fight was a showcase for Connor really, Cowboy has been trashed by every above average boxer he's faced and melted in every single big fight in his career and is on a massive down swing (36 years old)

Total mismatch of a fight it's what you always see in boxing much less in MMA, good preparation fight for Connor for whoever he decides is next (Usman/Masvidal/Khabib/Tony).

Impressive performance but yeah it's not as impressive as it looked. The fight between FIli and the Nigerian bloke was the best fight of the night imo.

Before dropping him with the head kick, he smashed Cowboy's nose with freaking shoulder strikes. He positioned his body to get a direct hit on the nose. Never seen anything like that. Jon Jones will use his shoulder to soften a guy up a little, but not as a weapon.
Yeah he used them really effective vs Glover (he also hurt Glovers shoulder with a wrench grappling move in the same fight).

Worst main event in sometime between Romero and Adysana, mainly cause of Romero refusal to engage and just waiting for one big shot which against a fighter like Ady is near impossible you have to wear him down/combo strike him. Worst main event that I thought would be good since Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I saw a picture of Joanna’s face on Twitter. Didn’t even look real. At least the ladies more than made up for the crappy main event.

Absolutely incredible back and forth war of a fight. Continued the pattern of really good fights during the Covid/no fans era.
Poirier is one of the few guys I'll make a point to tune in and watch these days.

Hooker was really impressive as well until he gassed in the later rounds. Dude has a granite chin and is able to fire right back even after taking huge shots.