The time for Musselman to go is NOW!

There is one way... ONLY ONE WAY of having any hope of a playoff shot since this is what ownership seems to be going for...

Face it,. we have too many wins to have a good shot at a great player in the draft this year.

At this point, THE MUSSEL HEAD's GOT TO GO!

Screw energy and passion (supposedly the qualities he has :rolleyes: ). This guy's just a PowerPoint wonder and a major L.O.S.E.R.

Just take a look at the way the team plays. WTF are they running??? Can anyone take the plays you see and figure any logic into it? And the substitutions?? N/C

Unbelievable... I could do a better job :mad:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Er...nobody is firing Muss at this point. Let alone the Maloofs from the sound of that interview in the first half. You see, according to Joe Maloof, Muss is young and energetic. Which as everybody knows = good NBA coach.

The guy has had enough chances. After today's performance, plays, rotations, not using the bench late when the game was over, risked Bibby to injury and other guys in our main lineup/rotation...........

I can go on forever.

If I own this team, that loser is gone.... TONIGHT!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They aren't going to fire him at this point in the season, BLNINJA. It just ain't gonna happen.

Face it,. we have too many wins to have a good shot at a great player in the draft this year.
True, but we still have a great shot at a good player. In a personnel thread, someone mentioned the number 14 as how deep the good draft picks went this year. I dn't think it's that clearcut, but... it may be close. A playoff slot means not getting anyone very good, but as of tonight we're likely to be tied for 12th-13th in the lottery, and 2 games away from 9th pick. So there is a positive side to bad coaching (for another month, not after).

muss is a lameduck coach. it takes him more than half the season to realize the strengths of these players. oh, our starting PG is a good offensive player? why don't we run him off some screens to get him more shots. FREAKING IDIOT!! when it looked like we had some type of game plan (LOTTERY) he figures out how to win a few games to put us in limbo land. great job coach!

Er...nobody is firing Muss at this point. Let alone the Maloofs from the sound of that interview in the first half. You see, according to Joe Maloof, Muss is young and energetic. Which as everybody knows = good NBA coach.
Ummmm...I think you forgot "hardworking.";)

In that first half interview, Joe Maloof, when asked about what they thought of their coach, the first words out of his mouth was they "were a little disappointed." Then he said something like, "but he seems to be coming around" and "young and energetic," blah, blah, blah. It wasn't a ringing endorsement in my mind. I agree there's no reason to fire Musselman now, but I woudn't be totally shocked to see him gone after the end of the season.

How do you blame Muss for this loss? The front line couldn't rebound, Martin couldn't score, Artest was totally out of sync after a layoff and the bench DIDN'T contribute. How, as a coach, do you game plan for that?

Aim your blame toward Artest... Martin even. I just can't find a reason to pin this on Muss.

Did anyone see that piece on the pregame where Gavin Maloof took a camera crew on a tour of Arco on fan appreciation night?

When he was walking through the crowd a young boy stopped him and asked him if he was the coach. Gavin kind of chuckled a bit and jokingly said, no, I'm not the coach. I am Gavin Maloof I am the owner. It's a good thing too, because coaches can get fired, you can't fire me!

Or something like that. That was a jist of it though.

;) Foreshadowing perhaps?

IMO Muss is gone at the end of the year. The thing that made me mad is there are no plays run for Martin and with 5-6 mins left to go he kept the starters in instead of playing the young guys and we were down by like EIGHTEEN.

IMO Muss is gone at the end of the year. The thing that made me mad is there are no plays run for Martin and with 5-6 mins left to go he kept the starters in instead of playing the young guys and we were down by like EIGHTEEN.
Adelman did the same thing, too...BUT...I do agree with you, as far as not running anything through Martin in the 4th qtr. Hell, most of the time it doesnt look like we're running anything designed in the first place. Muss really has no control of this team.

I think Marc Jackson said it best today when he was talking about how Denver can afford to play "random offense" because they have 2 proven scorers who can create while all the Kings need set plays in order to be effective. Jackson also correctly noted that there was a stretch from the middle of the third till about the six minute mark in the fourth when there wasn't a single real play run....only arbitrary isolations that weren't the result of creating mismatches through plays. That is, simply put, poor coaching.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Hey I neversupported the "Fire Adelman" gang, and oly prefered Muss over the other guys aplying for the job, but at this point I not only don't see thepercentage in fireing Muss, I STILL don't see a better option out there... and that makes me very, very sad. :(

How do you blame Muss for this loss? The front line couldn't rebound, Martin couldn't score, Artest was totally out of sync after a layoff and the bench DIDN'T contribute. How, as a coach, do you game plan for that?

Aim your blame toward Artest... Martin even. I just can't find a reason to pin this on Muss.

how did adelman seemingly find a way to get wins w/ basically this same squad?

Kleiza alone outscored our bench 24-12...

I know huh... Good thing we had a high draft pick to land Kevin Martin.:rolleyes:

Dude there is so much talent in next years draft, I'm sure there will be talent left when it comes down to our pick.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
how did adelman seemingly find a way to get wins w/ basically this same squad?

I dunno..maybe talent, experience, and the ability to reach disparate personalities? Nah, couldn't be it.

Coaching in the NBA has NEVER primarily been about the Xs and Os. That's Muss's problem. He's a bright young basketball computer in a position all about subtlety, feel, and the ability to massage massive egos.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
There is one way... ONLY ONE WAY of having any hope of a playoff shot since this is what ownership seems to be going for...

At this point, THE MUSSEL HEAD's GOT TO GO!

Screw energy and passion (supposedly the qualities he has :rolleyes: ). This guy's just a PowerPoint wonder and a major L.O.S.E.R.

Just take a look at the way the team plays. WTF are they running??? Can anyone take the plays you see and figure any logic into it? And the substitutions?? N/C

Unbelievable... I could do a better job :mad:
Well we could hire Adelman back. He could coach Ron-Ron as good as when he bowed to the one-legged Webber and sacrificed the team to maintain his relationshiip to his Webber, thereby preserving what he *thought* would be his job security. (#1 Coaching Rule: Never go against your superstar, no matter what, no matter if the rest of your team implodes; it could cost your job). That Adelman episode turned out real good -- the team chemistry went right down the toilet. And Addelman did great prior to the Artest trade; heck, that team looked liked it needed some no-doze just to keep their collective hearts beating. I'd say those Adelman episodes went about just as well as what I'm seeing with the Muss-Artest-team relationship I'm seeing on the floor. If you've noticed the dots and connected them you will have seen that once Muss started to have "serious conversations" with Ron-Ron, Ron-Ron wasn't quite the same all-out player he had been; he just had trouble getting motivated. We heard subsequent reports that he said to his coach: "No one's gonna change my game." Something like that anyway. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK trying to coach Artest. The only justice in all of this recent broo-ha-ha is that Maloofs and Petrie now have to take the flack from the Artest bomb, not just Muss. Justice is Served.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well we could hire Adelman back. He could coach Ron-Ron as good as when he bowed to the one-legged Webber and sacrificed the team to maintain his relationshiip to his Webber, thereby preserving what he *thought* would be his job security. (#1 Coaching Rule: Never go against your superstar, no matter what, no matter if the rest of your team implodes; it could cost your job). That Adelman episode turned out real good -- the team chemistry went right down the toilet. And Addelman did great prior to the Artest trade; heck, that team looked liked it needed some no-doze just to keep their collective hearts beating. I'd say those Adelman episodes went about just as well as what I'm seeing with the Muss-Artest-team relationship I'm seeing on the floor. If you've noticed the dots and connected them you will have seen that once Muss started to have "serious conversations" with Ron-Ron, Ron-Ron wasn't quite the same all-out player he had been; he just had trouble getting motivated. We heard subsequent reports that he said to his coach: "No one's gonna change my game." Something like that anyway. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK trying to coach Artest. The only justice in all of this recent broo-ha-ha is that Maloofs and Petrie now have to take the flack from the Artest bomb, not just Muss. Justice is Served.
Wow. I should have known someone would find a way to turn this into a dump on Adelman.

1. Adelman didn't kowtow to Webber. He brought him back because he firmly believed it was the only way to have Webber ready for the playoffs, where he would be needed.

2. What difference does it make what the team looked like before Artest? That's like saying we weren't as good before we had Vlade, Peja, Chris, Doug and Jason... and just about as irrelevant.

3. Rick Adelman showed a renewed interest and excitement in the Kings during his last playoffs because he AND the rest of the team felt rejuvenated by the arrival of Artest. We'll never know what he would have done this year...

---------------------------------------------------------------
As far as your brief comments about Musselman coaching Artest, I think I may actually agree with them but they got lost in your rant against Ademan.

3. Rick Adelman showed a renewed interest and excitement in the Kings during his last playoffs because he AND the rest of the team felt rejuvenated by the arrival of Artest. We'll never know what he would have done this year...
From what I remember from Adelman's interviews, he placed more emphasis on the future outlook of the team. He liked Garcia and Martin a lot, and thought it would be interesting to work on developing them, but he even admitted that he didn't see this team (plus Bonzi) as capable of contending. Last year's short playoff run might have been as much as this roster was capable of.

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=323419&postcount=34

I think that he alluded to misgivings about Artest as a franchise player in another interview, but I couldn't give you a reference for that. (It might only exist in my head ;))

is it just me or is the title of this thread awfully melodramatic? i'm just waiting for the cheesy metal riffs to kick in so the mystery hero of this made-for-tv movie can save the kings from the evil eric musselman...

;)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Wow. I should have known someone would find a way to turn this into a dump on Adelman.

1. Adelman didn't kowtow to Webber. He brought him back because he firmly believed it was the only way to have Webber ready for the playoffs, where he would be needed.

2. What difference does it make what the team looked like before Artest? That's like saying we weren't as good before we had Vlade, Peja, Chris, Doug and Jason... and just about as irrelevant.

---------------------------------------------------------------
As far as your brief comments about Musselman coaching Artest, I think I may actually agree with them but they got lost in your rant against Ademan.
Regarding #1: Yeaaahhhh, Riiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhht!

Regarding #2: Evaluating coaches is never done in a vacuum nor without a context.

Regarding #3: Yeaaaahhhh, Riiiiiggghhhhhhhhht!

Regarding conclusion: One person's rant is another person's objective, calm and intelligent analysis borne from the fruit of keen observation and omniscience.;)

How can you folks even compare Adelman to Muss? I'm not trying to insult anyone, just generally curious. How?

I'm sometimes referred to as not an extremely polite person, so bear that in mind when I say that if somebody tried to compare them to me in RL I'd laugh to that person's face.

Adelman is one of the best coaches in the league (and this is my most modest and down-to-earth personality speaking now). Muss is

OH LOOK! SOMETHING SHINY!

See? I diverted your attention in order to avoid insulting Muss. So I'm not that bad after all.

But frankly? Muss hasn't got a clue. Were I put in a in a position to fire him, my exact first words would be "Eric dude, don't forget your kool-aid on your way out".

Last edited: