The solution at PG!

Gary

All-Star
Bleh.. Someone needs to teach the kid to pass the ball or he will become every other wanna-be PG that's coming into the NBA who just tries to get their own shot and never learns how to make the team better.

Bleh.. Someone needs to teach the kid to pass the ball or he will become every other wanna-be PG that's coming into the NBA who just tries to get their own shot and never learns how to make the team better.
Right, because if it isn't in the video it means he can't do it. Actually he did make a very sweet pass in the video. Probably a fluke.

Gary

All-Star
Right, because if it isn't in the video it means he can't do it. Actually he did make a very sweet pass in the video. Probably a fluke.
You're right..

Still, the kids nowadays (see a lot of junior BBall) don't teach many fundementals. They always give it to their best kid and he shoots all the shots

Why wait 10 years? He looks ready to go now. He needs an invite to our training camp this year. He shows more poise than Jimmer already.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Gary, he's a freaking kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lighten up for gods sake. Man, you must be a load of laughs at a party...

I know that's why I wrote the second thing. The kid definitely has skill!!!

It's always good to instill teamwork in a young talent like him though. (at a young age). My only problem is that the coaches at that age will usually give it to their best person and he will do most of the ball handling and scoring. That's a problem with the coaching though and not the kid. By the time he's older he might be another OJ Mayo or Allen Iverson. Imagine how good Iverson's teams would have been if Iverson was more of a team player.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

It's always good to instill teamwork in a young talent like him though. (at a young age). My only problem is that the coaches at that age will usually give it to their best person and he will do most of the ball handling and scoring. That's a problem with the coaching though and not the kid. By the time he's older he might be another OJ Mayo or Allen Iverson. Imagine how good Iverson's teams would have been if Iverson was more of a team player.
I certainly agree that highschool coaching, unless your lucky enough to go to one of the highschool basketball factorys, is quite often, horrible. One of my best friends son played with Matt Barnes at Del Campo so I took in quite a few games. The coach seemed more interested in keeping all the parents happy, than in winning games. I can honestly say that Barnes learned little to nothing from the coaching he got, that was going to help him the future.

I dont know Gary, that kid had something pretty good court vision and passing skills. I was actually more impressed with his passing than anything else.
Edit: this was more in response to your initial post.

I dont know Gary, that kid had something pretty good court vision and passing skills. I was actually more impressed with his passing than anything else.
Edit: this was more in response to your initial post.
Agreed. Forget the ball handling and ability to get to the hole. He's already at HS level for that but there were about 6 sweet dimes. I've never in my entire life seen a 9 year with that type of floor vision and passing skills. Outside of Lebron, I don't think I've ever seen an HSer with that type of vision with the possible exception of Kenny Anderson.

Holy crap, this is a 9 year-old! He should some great passing in that clip, although people who put this stuff together usually focus on the athlete's shooting, so it's biased from the get-go to shots, not any other skills. I though he was pretty amazing. I did note that his teammtes seemed pretty good at finishing what he dished out. Maybe we need them, too. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A 9-year-old playing like that in Texas? Mark Cuban probably already has his future mapped out...up to and including a nice job on the Mavericks.