The ONLY Trade Peja for Artest thread (merged)

W

Whit Eboy

Again: Trade Peja for Artest

Why trade Peja for Artest?

Reason 1:

I still believe kings have change to get the rings, but I have no confidence for Kings' defense. Probably they may get better in the following games, but getting better doesn't means that Kings' defense is good or great in the league. The defense was always the problem which bothered the kings for years, especially after J.Jackson, Clark, and Pollard left sac town. Who can help us for defense? Ostertag? not enough. We need a player who can help Christie.

Wanna get the championship? I believe they need to improve their defense. I know I can't blame that Kings' defense problems are all Peja's fault. Kings have a lot of defense problems, Webb, Bibby and Peja are not good defense players, and Christie is aged now. Why trade Peja but not others? Becasue he is the one who can be traded for another good player, like Artest.

I believe Artest + Christie will do the defense outstanding. In addition, when Christie is getting old in the future, we still have a great player to guard kings' back court.

Reason 2:

Even Peja didn't looks good this season, I still think he is one of the best scorer in the league, and I know that Artest won't score as much as Peja if he is a king. However, we can't only count the score, otherwise, Kings already won the championship two years ago.

Yes, Artest's offence is not as good as Peja, but don't forget he was the Defensive Player of last Year who only allowed all his opponents socre less than 10 points(forgot what is the exact stat).

Also, when we are talking Artest's offence is not as good as Peja, it doesn't mean he is not a good scorer. Here has some stats of Artest:

This Season
Game 1: F 50 14-29 0-3 3-5 2 7 9 2 5 2 1 1 31
Game 2: F 33 9-19 2-2 8-8 2 5 7 3 2 1 3 1 28
Game 3: F 31 4-9 0-1 6-7 1 4 5 2 5 1 5 0 14

01-04' stats:

YEAR G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
01-02 55 50 29.9 .423 .312 .667 1.30 3.60 4.90 2.3 2.56 .71 2.15 3.90 13.2
02-03 69 67 33.6 .428 .336 .736 1.50 3.80 5.20 2.9 2.30 .72 2.10 3.50 15.5
03-04 73 71 37.2 .421 .310 .733 1.40 3.90 5.30 3.7 2.08 .68 2.77 2.70 18.3

Stats are not everything, but it does prove that Artest has no problem to score.

Reason 3:

I am not sure whether Peja worked hard or not, but I am sure he is unhappy with Kings. He may miss Vlade too much. In my opinion, once Kings were without Vlade on the court, Peja was not as good as the one who is the second highest scorer. He relied on Valde too much, and this season we are without Divac, then after this season, he can choose to be a FA. Which team you think he would like to choose to be? the Kings, or the Lakers?

Think about Artest, his contact is until 08/09 season. Trade Peja for Artest, we can have some core players for long term.

I know a lot of people here love Peja, love Divac, love the way Kings playing before, but when the things are changing, you have to let it gone, and you have to move on. Just like Jason left Kings and Bibby came to SAC, I still miss the double-trouble age, but I also love the Kings now, and I will love the Kings with Artest.

I don't want to see Kings lose everything after this season. So, hurry up, trade Peja for Artest before it is too late. (the only thing I worry about is that Pacers may not agree the trade now.) Let's win the Championship this season!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Whit Eboy

Double-K said:
can we just stop this and watch the game instead..........? we've been talking this topic for ages..........
Then what you come to forums for?

Well that's all super, but it's really much simpler than that: Peja doesn't fit in with this team. He's the odd-man out.

Bibby and Webber are the floor leaders. Miller takes his shots when necessary, and his ability to influence games like he did 1st half last year has also decreased. Christie takes what the D gives him, plays good D himself, and spreads the floor.

Peja just stands there. His cuts are half-assed, and when he does cut, he doesn't get the ball. His shots are ugly, fading, with the shot clock winding down, or off a crappy screen. Peja is not a 1v1 player, he should not dribble into a shot, and you need a better play then "Webber at the top of the key, Peja cuts in front of him, catches the ball, shoots." The D isn't that dumb, and Webber's screens are worthless.

Simply put, whatever you may think of Peja and Artest, Artest is the better fit for this team. There are no plays, and Peja needs plays to be effective. I'm NOT saying it's everybody else's responsibility to get Peja his shots, I'm just being realistic. You can say "Peja needs to learn to create" a zillion times and it won't make any difference. Even if he could, it would be stupid to give him the ball and get out of his way. That's not his game. No other coach in the league would put him in that situation.

W

Whit Eboy

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Not to talk incessantly about the same subject; that's why we have more than one thread...
He was saying "instead watch the game"

Whit Eboy said:
Then what you come to forums for?
you're absolutely right, I come to this forum to discuss topics.......the point is, you don't have to dig on the same topic over and over and over and over.......
you have your conclusion, I have mine.......I'm not saying you can't come here and talk about it........but you don't have to tell me and all Kings fans over the world your conclusion all day long.........

and please, don't take it personal, I'm just telling you how I feel......

Trade Peja for Artest?Do you think Kings will do that like what you said?yes, Artest is really good defense player,but he is not as fit as Kings.but i agree with your opinion that kings' defense problems,and maybe we should trade a player for another better defense player,but not Peja.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
All things considered, the defense wasn't all that bad tonight; it'll be much better overall once Christie is healthy.
and from what I heard, Pedja played some solid defense as well.........

D wasn't really bad @ all i agree w/ u on that Slim. They were playing team D for most of the game though they got beat a lotta times too. Effort and awareness was there. It's like they're playing their preseason now coz the coaching staff spent most of the actual preseason playing those who they might wanna keep e.g.Barnes, Daniels & Evans. IMHO, their starting to get their groove back just now. letting it come to them & not force it.

Getting back to the thread topic, it's too early to decide to make trades right now. you wanna be able to see how things will work out with the team that you have coz anytime you make changes to a team, esp. drastic ones, it's a risk--& the higher chance that it's a screw-up or a see-you-next-season-coz-we're-not-looking-to-contend-as-a-champ-caliber-team-anymore thing.

Reasons i see other than that they lack a strong supporting cast like they did a few yrs. ago is that they're better scouted now & the other major changes from all around the league has them taking a longer time adjusting. that's the coaching staff's job but i'm not saying they're not doing a good job--it's a different story.

Go KINGS!

W

Whit Eboy

C4_Stojakovic said:
Getting back to the thread topic, it's too early to decide to make trades right now. you wanna be able to see how things will work out with the team that you have coz anytime you make changes to a team, esp. drastic ones, it's a risk--& the higher chance that it's a screw-up or a see-you-next-season-coz-we're-not-looking-to-contend-as-a-champ-caliber-team-anymore thing.
With the players we have right now, Kings have a chance to get the championship, but be honestly, we are not as good as ... at least spurs.

If Kings can't get he championship, I don't see there is a reason Peja will stay with this team.

Think ahead, if Peja keep doing 15/51 shooting like the first three games, Pacers will trade Artest for him? It is not too early. If Kings don't trade him right now, it becomes too late.

It's never late. Unless Peja gets injured, he can't get worse than he is. He can get better, but I doubt that his skill level will drop. Peja is/will be an asset and tradable commodity whenever (if ever) we decide to trade him.

W

Whit Eboy

vj9999 said:
It's never late. Unless Peja gets injured, he can't get worse than he is. He can get better, but I doubt that his skill level will drop. Peja is/will be an asset and tradable commodity whenever (if ever) we decide to trade him.
If we can't trade him before the due date this season, I believe he will be a FA. Then it's too late

vj9999 said:
I still think we should not trade him, he might be unhappy now, but look at Shaq and Kobe.......winning make athletes happy........ I think if we win something this year, Pedja will be happy again.........(but maybe it's just me who thinking this way......)

and moreover, consider the season is still relatively early (3 games into the season should be consider early........) I think it's way to early to talk about trade........but again, it's just me.......

Double-K. I agree with you. I want to see Peja in Kings uniform and see him win a ring in Kings uniform. I was just responding to "If Kings don't trade him right now, it becomes too late." part.

If the Kings continue to play awful... I have zero problem with going after Artest... I look at itthis way... 1.If we are losing, what is wrong with trying something new? 2.Peja isn't coming back once his contract is up... There is NO possible way he is coming back. What the hell are we going to do, we can't just let him go for nothing. We can't sign someone nearly as good as he was, because he didn't make any money... Get Artest, when his contract is up we will have his Bird rights, and he can re-sign...

B

Bishop

Forget about this trade.
Indi just got Stephan Jackson, a good perimeter shooter, they don't really need Peja.
Don't think it will happen...

SacKings384 said:
Peja isn't coming back once his contract is up... There is NO possible way he is coming back. What the hell are we going to do, we can't just let him go for nothing. We can't sign someone nearly as good as he was, because he didn't make any money... Get Artest, when his contract is up we will have his Bird rights, and he can re-sign.....
I know Pedja and sir yor are no Pedja.......

(just kidding ;) )

you can't tell what Pedja will do.....you can just perdict what he "MIGHT" do....and that he "MIGHT NOT" be coming back.....

as far as I'm concern, if we really need to talk about trade later this season or in the summer, we can always do a sign-and-trade..........everybody in the league knows Pedja's shooting skills.......it's undeniable.....although he might choke a little when it matters, he's still the best shooter in the league!! Teams already with one or more superstars will love to have him....

Just not to use him as the sole scorer, that means you don't have to solely depend on him to score, then you'll be fine if he never "grow up", so to speak.....

that's what I think the Kings should think about as well, we have C-Webb, Bibby, B-Jax, B52, Doug and maybe later our beloved Mr. Flash!! Couple of them show up in a game (in terms of scoring) should almost be enough for us to win.....Not everyone can have huge game everyday.....we might have to accept the fact that Pedja just isn't that kind of superstar......

just think about this:
last year, the 1st place of scoring leader is T-Mac, which his previous team is solely depend on him......then Pedja is in the second place....his team wasn't necessarily solely depend on him.......

for the record: peja has 2 years left on his contact, and he has a 3rd year player option. ron artest has 4 years left on his deal. i don't have the exact figures, but i believe that if indeed the kings were to trade peja for artest, the figures would be within 20% of eachother, so they could be traded straight up for us.

what would i do??? hmm. well first, i'd wait for the trading deadline. peja probably starts shooting like he has in the past, and kings will probably be playing better, be over .500, either in the lead or close to the division lead. if the D is still problem, yes i would explore the idea of tradind artest for peja. why??? not just thinking about this year, but the vibe i'm getting from peja is that he will play out this year and next, but opt out when he is able to, leaving us with nothing. if our D and our attitude needs a spark, try to trade him for artest. larry bird LOVES peja, and i'm sure he would love to have peja to mentor in indiana. i don't think that is going to change. this would be good for the kings becuase it would garantee they wouldn't lose peja for nothing, they would have an affordable contract for the next 4 years, the reigning DPOY on a team that needs defense ( it wouldn't solve all the kings defensive woes, but it would certainly help) i also think it would help the kings shed that "soft" label a bit.

now am i saying i am in favor of this deal?? not really. i would explore it i *IF* by the trading deadline the kings are in need of a kick in the pants.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whit Eboy said:
Why trade Peja for Artest?

Reason 1:

I still believe kings have change to get the rings, but I have no confidence for Kings' defense. ...Wanna get the championship? I believe they need to improve their defense. ...I believe Artest + Christie will do the defense outstanding. In addition, when Christie is getting old in the future, we still have a great player to guard kings' back court.

Reason 2:

Even Peja didn't looks good this season, I still think he is one of the best scorer in the league, and I know that Artest won't score as much as Peja if he is a king.

Reason 3:

I am not sure whether Peja worked hard or not, but I am sure he is unhappy with Kings. He may miss Vlade too much. In my opinion, once Kings were without Vlade on the court, Peja was not as good as the one who is the second highest scorer. He relied on Valde too much, and this season we are without Divac, then after this season, he can choose to be a FA. Which team you think he would like to choose to be? the Kings, or the Lakers?

Think about Artest, his contact is until 08/09 season. Trade Peja for Artest, we can have some core players for long term.

I know a lot of people here love Peja, love Divac, love the way Kings playing before, but when the things are changing, you have to let it gone, and you have to move on. Just like Jason left Kings and Bibby came to SAC, I still miss the double-trouble age, but I also love the Kings now, and I will love the Kings with Artest.

I don't want to see Kings lose everything after this season. So, hurry up, trade Peja for Artest before it is too late. (the only thing I worry about is that Pacers may not agree the trade now.) Let's win the Championship this season!!!!
I've shortened your quote and will address your "reasons" to trade:

REason 1. YOU may have no faith in our defense, but a lot of people are actually encouraged by what they're seeing from the Kings on defense. Three games into the season is NOT enough time to gauge true performance.

Reason 2. Um what? Three games into the season is NOT enough time to gauge true performance. Pedja is getting his shot back... And when he does, it will be a VERY welcome addition to the Kings. We need him.

Reason 3. Pedja may or may not be happy, but that's not important at this point. "Pedja was not as good as the one who is the second highest scorer." What?! That makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as this being a topic for discussion, it's simply getting old. Most team fans DON'T continue to argue about trade deals that aren't going to happen. This one is NOT going to happen. Especially now.

Pedja's game is improving; he's working hard and he's working WITH his teammates.

People wonder why the players sometimes get disheartened? To be honest, it's things like the 'fans' giving up hope in players that sadden them.

If, at the end of this year, Pedja still isn't happy then Petrie will address the situation. Right now, however, Pedja is a King and he will remain a King. I, for one, will support him - although I will be critical - as long as he wears the uniform.

VF21 said:
I've shortened your quote and will address your "reasons" to trade:

REason 1. YOU may have no faith in our defense, but a lot of people are actually encouraged by what they're seeing from the Kings on defense. Three games into the season is NOT enough time to gauge true performance.

Reason 2. Um what? Three games into the season is NOT enough time to gauge true performance. Pedja is getting his shot back... And when he does, it will be a VERY welcome addition to the Kings. We need him.

Reason 3. Pedja may or may not be happy, but that's not important at this point. "Pedja was not as good as the one who is the second highest scorer." What?! That makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as this being a topic for discussion, it's simply getting old. Most team fans DON'T continue to argue about trade deals that aren't going to happen. This one is NOT going to happen. Especially now.

Pedja's game is improving; he's working hard and he's working WITH his teammates.

People wonder why the players sometimes get disheartened? To be honest, it's things like the 'fans' giving up hope in players that sadden them.

If, at the end of this year, Pedja still isn't happy then Petrie will address the situation. Right now, however, Pedja is a King and he will remain a King. I, for one, will support him - although I will be critical - as long as he wears the uniform.
nicely said....

this sums it up:

The Pacers will NOT trade Artest away this season, the Kings will NOT trade Peja away this season NO MATTER WHAT. so drop this trade talk because it will NEVER happen.

Whit Eboy said:
If we can't trade him before the due date this season, I believe he will be a FA. Then it's too late
It is too late... didnt you listen thsi summer? Petrie said "We will NOT trade Peja"

and what reason does indiana have to trade Artest in a even deeper and harder east this year. none.

Last edited by a moderator: