The Official: Start Bogdan and WCS together thread

I think that Bogdan and WCS should both be in the starting line up together!

They have amazing chemistry and they feed off each other. They are both part of the youth movement and both needs to be in the starting line up together! Together, they are as exciting a duo as the Kings have had in a long, long time

We all know that Joeger needs to have his vets, so ZBo and George Hill can continue to start (until they are traded ;)).

The other spot in the starting line up should be DeArron Fox, when he is back healthy. But until then, Buddy should be starting at Shooting Guard with Bogdan at Small/Point Forward.

My preference for our lineups is to try and maintain a 2 vet with 3 young core player on the floor at all times. You develop the youth and still have a veteran presence on the floor to help guide them (a Joeger requirement).

My ideal lineup (when everyone is healthy) would be:

PF: WCS / Skal
SF: Bogdan / JJ / Temple
C: ZBo / KK/ Papa G
SG: Hill / Buddy (6th man) / Malichi
PG: Fox / Mason

Eventually, I would like Hill to be traded and Buddy to move into the starting SG spot, but that won't happen until the trade deadline, at the earliest.

GO KINGS!!!

I think that Bogdan and WCS should both be in the starting line up together!

They have amazing chemistry and they feed off each other. They are both part of the youth movement and both needs to be in the starting line up together! Together, they are as exciting a duo as the Kings have had in a long, long time

We all know that Joeger needs to have his vets, so ZBo and George Hill can continue to start (until they are traded ;)).

The other spot in the starting line up should be DeArron Fox, when he is back healthy. But until then, Buddy should be starting at Shooting Guard with Bogdan at Small/Point Forward.

My preference for our lineups is to try and maintain a 2 vet with 3 young core player on the floor at all times. You develop the youth and still have a veteran presence on the floor to help guide them (a Joeger requirement).

My ideal lineup (when everyone is healthy) would be:

PF: WCS / Skal
SF: Bogdan / JJ / Temple
C: ZBo / KK/ Papa G
SG: Hill / Buddy (6th man) / Malichi
PG: Fox / Mason

Eventually, I would like Hill to be traded and Buddy to move into the starting SG spot, but that won't happen until the trade deadline, at the earliest.

GO KINGS!!!

Bogdan can handle the 3 on spot duty. As a starter. No way. He can gravitate between 1 and 2.

If that's the case, Vlade should be fired. Another wasted pick and gaff.
Hmm, not if he was BPA. Fox could still be a great player and have high trade value. Gotta give Vlade credit for getting Bog!
It really looked like Bog could be the PG of our future last night and I would like to see him start as one to see how it goes.

Someone with that much passing ability and IQ should not be at SG unless he is turnover prone, which he doesn't seem to be. And he can hit the 3!! One thing is for sure, Hill doesn't seem like the mentoring type and needs to go to a playoff team ASAP!

Hmm, not if he was BPA. Fox could still be a great player and have high trade value. Gotta give Vlade credit for getting Bog!
It really looked like Bog could be the PG of our future last night and I would like to see him start as one to see how it goes.

Someone with that much passing ability and IQ should not be at SG unless he is turnover prone, which he doesn't seem to be. And he can hit the 3!! One thing is for sure, Hill doesn't seem like the mentoring type and needs to go to a playoff team ASAP!
He's not at that point in his career but he does have some value around the league.

I'm wondering if Bog is a better pg than Fox in the future. I hope Fox plays better when he comes back.
For Joergers system now he's a better fit, but as always, let Fox run that same pick and roll they let Bogdan run and see what happens. Look at what happened to Mason in this last game. He got stuck with the starting PG hot potato where less pick and roll was run and surprise, surprise, he disappeared.

Willie is a pick and roll big. Fox projects to be a pick and roll slashing guard. Common sense people.

All sounds good but I would leave it to Joerger and Vlade. I would prefer keeping the roster we have through the end of the season.

Reading the suggestions about trading the vets, especially Temple, Hill and Koufos, it makes me think/appreciate what a good job Vlade has done n picking vets - Koufos and Temple last year and Zbo, Carter and Hill this year. The players of least use to the team so far this season are Fox and Skal and we sure as heck not going to get rid of them.

As I have said before I think I’ll stick with Joerger for the job of “herding the cats”.

For Joergers system now he's a better fit, but as always, let Fox run that same pick and roll they let Bogdan run and see what happens. Look at what happened to Mason in this last game. He got stuck with the starting PG hot potato where less pick and roll was run and surprise, surprise, he disappeared.

Willie is a pick and roll big. Fox projects to be a pick and roll slashing guard. Common sense people.
OK, so Fox might be able to do pick and rolls better than Bogs in a few years. I don't see how it's common sense that he will be a better all around PG because of that.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I can do without Hill. But a 3 man guard rotation with buddy, fox and bogs is a possibility. With mason getting min here and there and Richardson if somebody gets injured.

I think this is premature by about half a season. The Kings are starting to gel, due in no small part to the way Joerger is bringing them along. Let him continue to do so.
Ah, come on. Joerger himself has been changing his lineups around to get a better or different look at each player, and to find the best combinations. Why not have a longer look at Bogie and WCS as starters? Their play is definitely crowd-pleasing. It is ironic that Bogie may be our best PG so far this year. Well, maybe not PG, but playmaker.

So far, Buddy has really thrived as a 6th man - not unlike Jamal Crawford. If he becomes our starting SG, so much the better. But every serious contender needs an instant offense guy, and Buddy can do that.

I watched bogie the other game get mins at pg and it lasted a few mins and 2 turnovers before it was over. He is fine in the half court but you dont want him handling the ball full time.

It was to start tje 2nd half 3 or 4 gamea ago. Didnt look good in the roll.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the starting line up fluctuates constantly anyway, the only constants are Temple & slow-bo. Play them if the match up warrants it. This same line up didn't do a thing versus the Clippers, Cleveland simply wasn't interested in playing last night. That was obvious as day. Clippers took it to the Kings from the beginning.

Hill doesn't seem like the mentoring type and needs to go to a playoff team ASAP!
I’m fine with trading a couple of our vets, including Hill - depending on the return,’of course.
But if you’re coming to your conclusion about Hill not wanting to be a mentor based on his facial gestures, he’s always been a mono-gesture kind of guy.

the starting line up fluctuates constantly anyway, the only constants are Temple & slow-bo. Play them if the match up warrants it. This same line up didn't do a thing versus the Clippers, Cleveland simply wasn't interested in playing last night. That was obvious as day. Clippers took it to the Kings from the beginning.
Only this team would start Temple constantly.. Old reliable.. At times he just blends in with the scenery, at times his lack of talent is exposed with the rest of the starting unit.. Will be a good day when a player of significance is starting in his role

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Only this team would start Temple constantly.. Old reliable.. At times he just blends in with the scenery, at times his lack of talent is exposed with the rest of the starting unit.. Will be a good day when a player of significance is starting in his role
I don't mind having a Temple on the team, good guy to have around. But he has no business starting but Joerger loves him so he will start until he is gone or injured.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, come on. Joerger himself has been changing his lineups around to get a better or different look at each player, and to find the best combinations. Why not have a longer look at Bogie and WCS as starters? Their play is definitely crowd-pleasing. It is ironic that Bogie may be our best PG so far this year. Well, maybe not PG, but playmaker.
I think where we differ is I have faith in Joerger and what he's done so far and fully trust in him to start Bogs/WCS when the time is right AND it doesn't have a negative impact on the incredible job the bench is doing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So defending Lebron well and that sweet chase down block that caused a 4 point swing to change the momentum of the Cavs game was not significant?

Last edited:
So defending Lebron well and that sweet chase down block that caused a 4 point swing to changed the momentum of the Cavs game was not significant?
It's one pointless game against one of the greatest of all time.( Who was playing like he didn't give a rats azz) When Lebron is dialed in, Bogdan is no match. At the end of the season, The Cavs will be in the Finals again and Bogdan will be fishing in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in one game. Short term memory. Bogdan was lit up against the Clips a few nights earlier.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's one pointless game against one of the greatest of all time.( Who was playing like he didn't give a rats azz) When Lebron is dialed in, Bogdan is no match. At the end of the season, The Cavs will be in the Finals again and Bogdan will be fishing in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in one game. Short term memory. Bogdan was lit up against the Clips a few nights earlier.
Patently untrue.

I think this is premature by about half a season. The Kings are starting to gel, due in no small part to the way Joerger is bringing them along. Let him continue to do so.
The thread flags two youngish players who have played well recently. The thread proposes expanding their roles and minutes.

I think this would be prudent. The expanded reps and responsibilities seem both appropriate and I’m totally comfortable with running the risk of losing a few more games during the (potential) growing pains.

Your responses reflects a desire to stay the course lest we stop racking up wins on the backs of veterans that are nba short timers.

This is why recasting the rebuild talk as folks only wanting LINS is nonsense. Moreover, the false choice of either chasing wis at the expense of development opportunities OR full blown trying to loose games to tank as the only options.

Expanding the roles of these players has both potential long term gains and mild risks of some moderate growing pains (which carry some mathematical benefits for those interested in math and looking more than 45 days out)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The thread flags two youngish players who have played well recently. The thread proposes expanding their roles and minutes.

I think this would be prudent. The expanded reps and responsibilities seem both appropriate and I’m totally comfortable with running the risk of losing a few more games during the (potential) growing pains.

Your responses reflects a desire to stay the course lest we stop racking up wins on the backs of veterans that are nba short timers.

This is why recasting the rebuild talk as folks only wanting LINS is nonsense. Moreover, the false choice of either chasing wis at the expense of development opportunities OR full blown trying to loose games to tank as the only options.

Expanding the roles of these players has both potential long term gains and mild risks of some moderate growing pains (which carry some mathematical benefits for those interested in math and looking more than 45 days out)
No, my response reflects a desire to let Coach Joerger bring the kids along at the pace he deems best. It seems to be working well thus far. It's December. I strongly suspect their roles will be expanded as they build on what they're learning. I'm not concerned about the wins or losses. I'm concerned about building a team on a strong foundation, a team that knows their strengths and weaknesses, how to win AND how not to lose, etc.

I understand you and others don't agree. That's fine. Please, however, do not distort what I'm saying by making assumptions that are simply untrue.