DRAFT PICK discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skal and WCS have had multiple years. And a long athletic big is not a least valuable position. All depends if his shooting develops. Sounds a lot like Fox doesn’t it.
It's kinda weird with Bagley. He shot it well from 3 albeit sparingly (1.8 attempts/gm) at Duke but his FT% was poor. His form seems solid though and if his work ethic is as advertised I'm confident he will improve as a shooter. If he does his offensive ceiling is extremely high. I'm much more concerned with his defense. He didn't just look bad, he looked lost/disinterested etc...

Dude Amare was single handedly worth 29 wins over those three seasons. If a guy is worth almost ten wins a season that's huge. Nash was the best player on that team, no doubt about it. We're talking about the value of Amare though as he compares well to Bagley. 10 wins a year is huge.
54 wins to 61 wins is not significant for me if we are talking about the impact of a supposed franchise player for us. That being the best case scenario for Bagley, to me its a hard pass at #2. Plus him playing or not literally had no impact on their playoff succes on those three seasons

Kings only draft players who come work out for them. Here's the list of those players remaining:
-SG Diallo
-PG/SG Milton
-SG/SF Alkins
-SF Williams
-SG Mykhailiuk
-SG Hall
-PF Johnson

It's kinda weird with Bagley. He shot it well from 3 albeit sparingly (1.8 attempts/gm) at Duke but his FT% was poor. His form seems solid though and if his work ethic is as advertised I'm confident he will improve as a shooter. If he does his offensive ceiling is extremely high. I'm much more concerned with his defense. He didn't just look bad, he looked lost/disinterested etc...
Yes I saw it as lackadaisical.....I was hoping they'd go JJJ precisely because of the defense. Definitely saw JJJ as a better fit for the Kings addressing interior defense. With Bagley it's a big question-mark.

54 wins to 61 wins is not significant for me if we are talking about the impact of a supposed franchise player for us. That being the best case scenario for Bagley, to me its a hard pass at #2. Plus him playing or not literally had no impact on their playoff succes on those three seasons
You cherry picked the worst of the three seasons at only +7. The other two were better. The average was almost ten. For one player that's a major impact. It's not LeBron James but it's all star level. And maybe Bagley exceeds that... Pollard thinks his game is custom made for the NBA. A lot of the ex pros seem to like him the best in the draft. If you just want to look for the negative that's on you
... There's plenty of positives here.

Relax. He shot a high percentage from 3. We shall see if he can extend to the NBA 3 or not. Yes if he can’t it’s a problem but Luka wasn’t a 40 percent shooter either.
Bagleys lack of jump shot attempts and his very poor ft% (62) indicates he wont be a good shooter in the Nba. Doncic shot a lot of threes off the dribble, contested shots ect and still had decent percentage. Also much better ft%. Everything suggests he will be a lot better shooter than Bagley in the Nba

Yes I saw it as lackadaisical.....I was hoping they'd go JJJ precisely because of the defense. Definitely saw JJJ as a better fit for the Kings addressing interior defense. With Bagley it's a big question-mark.
Yeah I would have liked to have one of those defenders (JJJ, Bamba, even Carter) but it just wasn't in the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.