The Official "BRING BACK BROCKMAN" thread

He is making 457k in the final year of his rookie contract. He has more game to give. Brockness Monster was the BEST nickname in the ENTIRE NBA. His game is blue collar. Jon's offense is expanding. Likable personality. Fan favorite. He likely has value to other teams. There is a long list of positives, I just hope that his team mates and the front office feel the same way. I officially endorse extending Jon a multi-year contract, who feels the same way?

I heard Grant say during the game tonight that Westphal would like Brockman to stay as long as he is here. I hope that's true. I love me some Brockman!!!

Dude has heart. His back to the basket game is the only weakness i can see. His J is looking a little better. Brockman isn't just a 3rd string C. He has some upward mobility on the depth chart. I know he is going to be on an NBA roster, and Westphal was just saying what he said because its what coaches do. I heard that Brockman is staying in Sacramento over the summer. He really is dedicated and motivated, and that kind of leadership is going to be needed very soon. HEart man, can't teach heart.

Actually going to be kind of a shame to see May go. The guy was a great teaamate and was always pumped on the sidelines. But yeah, Brockness needs to stay. He could turn out to be a real gem.

We have to assume someone else has scouted him, teams mite be looking for a physical rebounder like Brockman, hopefuly he stays here and hopefully he can get some more PT next year.

I'd like to have him back. if he doesn't get playing time.. he would be an excellent practice partner to have for our guys. they'd toughen up practicing against the brockness monster. 4 year 4 mil is pretty good

Im in on this

hes just a good guy to have on the team, especially in practices. He has a good personality, is a classy and nice guy, and hopefully him throwing around Hawes in practice has a positive affect on teh soggyness.

get rid of may, dorseys already gone, and lets stick with the brockman as the #11-12 guy :)

Actually going to be kind of a shame to see May go. The guy was a great teaamate and was always pumped on the sidelines. But yeah, Brockness needs to stay. He could turn out to be a real gem.
I actually agree with that.
The team could do worse than Brockman and May as the 5th and 6th bigs.
As long as they get a top rookie to squeeze in front of them.

I hope Brockman is back. I'd like him to be part of the future "bench mob." :D

Westphal doesn't seem to just hand out compliments. When some one isn't playing very well he either doesn't say anything or, if asked, he'll acknowledge it. He's gone out of his way to really compliment Brockman more than once this season.

He just seems like such a genuine nice guy (off the court :p) and he was talking the other day about how much he likes Sacramento. Said it felt like home to him, more than anywhere else. A team has to have 12 guys on it and I think any team would benefit from having him around. :)

How about 4 years 4 mil. No sense bidding against no one on earth
I would love the tougher and undersized Brockman to stay instead of the soft outside shooting May, but 4 years for a bench player?

No sense offering 4 years for a bench player especially if what you're saying is true that nobody else is bidding.

I'd say 2 years for 2M with the second year as team option. Let the guy think he's got to work harder year-after-year.

Brockman is the 3rd best player behind Reke and "mandry"(lol), Look he is CONSISTENT. That is the name of the game here. Thompson sure can jam and Hawes has the smoothest running hook since the dream, but neither can perform as consistently as brockman. Actually, im sorry Reke, Landry, Udoka, then Brockman. I'm not just saying just to be spraying. its about being able to play at the same level for 48 minutes. Reke and Landry and Udoka are hands DOWN the most consistent players on the team, SHOOT, GARCIA!!!! Garcia is pretty dam consistent. But Brockman is the 2nd best big because he does one thing and does it good. Thompson is good for the same stuff brockman is good for, except Brockman is better at it. If thompson was just worried about every rebound and extra possessions then he would be the best player on the team, in stead of brock. In stead, Jason is all about being the next freakin Pau Gasol.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Brockman is the 3rd best player behind Reke and "mandry"(lol), Look he is CONSISTENT. That is the name of the game here. Thompson sure can jam and Hawes has the smoothest running hook since the dream, but neither can perform as consistently as brockman. Actually, im sorry Reke, Landry, Udoka, then Brockman. I'm not just saying just to be spraying. its about being able to play at the same level for 48 minutes. Reke and Landry and Udoka are hands DOWN the most consistent players on the team, SHOOT, GARCIA!!!! Garcia is pretty dam consistent. But Brockman is the 2nd best big because he does one thing and does it good. Thompson is good for the same stuff brockman is good for, except Brockman is better at it. If thompson was just worried about every rebound and extra possessions then he would be the best player on the team, in stead of brock. In stead, Jason is all about being the next freakin Pau Gasol.
...I'm sorry, WHAT?

Look, I love Brockman as much as the next guy but by no means is he our third best player/

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Haha, hearing Grant trying to force feed us "thats his spot" after he keeps bricking them got me sad.

It really always has been though. He has survived in the league as long as he has pretty much by playing defense and hitting corner threes. The bits of rebounding and post work he showed were kind of bonuses, but that corner three has always been his staple. And he's never been a great shooter (and hence is a borderline roleplayer rather than a top one), but he was always good enoguh when you got him open looks int he corner. Not so much this year, and maybe now we see why he bounces from team to team every year.

Last edited: