The Next Fourteen Games - EDITED: KINGS GET IT TOGETHER

What will the Kings do the next 14 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1576173607074.png

Real opportunity here, and we hit this stretch with a nice little run up of three gutsy wins against three decent opponents. What is your prediction for the next fourteen?

I'm going to aim high and say 12-2, splitting the following games: Indy, HOU, Denver, LAC. Going 11-3 is extremely doable and frankly if we beat the teams we SHOULD beat and get just one of the tough ones, that would be the result. IF that happens, the Kings will be looking at a stretch of winning 14 of 17, Fox and Bagley will be back and integrated, and that will put us several games over .500, which we can hopefully maintain going into the All Star Break.

That should absolutely be the near term schedule goal: be 5-8 games over .500 going into the break. This town would be going bonkers down the stretch if that happens. We have crossed over the threshold from "could" to "should". Think about that.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Now that's L'Optimism!

If you take a more middle-of-the-road view, assume we only go 1-3 against the IND/HOU/DEN/LAC part of the schedule, and allow us to muff 2 of the 10 "winnable" games, that's a less-rosy 9-5 on that stretch. Still, it would put us two games over .500 at 20-18, which given the way the West looks right now would have us firmly in a playoff spot.

More importantly, this is exactly the stretch to have Fox/Bagley reintegrate into the team, giving us a chance for some growing pains that don't cost us games. I assume that the schedule will get quite a bit tougher after these 14, the hope would be that we can use this stretch to really become better as a team so that when the schedule picks back up we're more prepared to face the good teams.

Now that's L'Optimism!

If you take a more middle-of-the-road view, assume we only go 1-3 against the IND/HOU/DEN/LAC part of the schedule, and allow us to muff 2 of the 10 "winnable" games, that's a less-rosy 9-5 on that stretch. Still, it would put us two games over .500 at 20-18, which given the way the West looks right now would have us firmly in a playoff spot.

More importantly, this is exactly the stretch to have Fox/Bagley reintegrate into the team, giving us a chance for some growing pains that don't cost us games. I assume that the schedule will get quite a bit tougher after these 14, the hope would be that we can use this stretch to really become better as a team so that when the schedule picks back up we're more prepared to face the good teams.
My initial feeling when going through those games was that we wouldgo 10-4 (losses to Houston, Denver, LAC & Indiana.) I also felt that was a little optimistic and hoped for at least 9-5.

This is my thought. If Fox is back around Christmas it comes at a nice stretch of schedule, a few tough games and a few winnable ones mostly at home. Hopefully Bagley gets up to speed in the build up.

9-10 wins would be delightful.

To me, 8-6 is realistic. 9-5 would be good. Anything better than that would be fantastic.
10-4 because I’m a Kings fan and I’d be really happy with that record.
This is my thought. If Fox is back around Christmas it comes at a nice stretch of schedule, a few tough games and a few winnable ones mostly at home. Hopefully Bagley gets up to speed in the build up.

9-10 wins would be delightful.
10-4 is my "should" based on what I've seen this team do the last 6 weeks. I think that might play out by losing one of the games we "should" win, and winning one against the tough four.

Even having this conversation is a total luxury for me though. I am remembering how fun it is when great success is again a possibility.

Assuming everyone is healthy and playing well, I'd say 10 wins. However, incorporating Bagley and maybe even Fox into the lineup and Bogs injury can affect the record. So I voted 9. The increased depth will help somewhat, getting in synch with returning players could also cost a game of two, so let's say overall, the Kings win 9 games.

It will really be much easier to predict the record, after 10 games with both Fox and Bagley playing.

Hard to say with this team. We whiff against poor opponents and play legit teams super tough.

An "easy" schedule is actually scary!

I went with 8.
The thing about these "poor opponents" is that they look at their schedule and have the Kings penciled in as a should win game. Take a team like Chicago or Charlotte. Those are teams the Kings should beat, but they are also teams that play well against teams under .500 (9-7), which the Kings are.

The Kings are 6-6 against teams under .500, but this includes Portland, OKC and others who arguably equal to the Kings. Last year they were 25-12 (however, they were 14-31 against teams over .500 and are 5-7 this year).

Long-winded way to say 8 to 9 wins in this stretch would be reasonable.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think Houston and Denver get their revenge in those games. Split one each with Memphis and Phoenix. I don't want to doubt the Warriors because they have the Kings killer D-Lo and who knows how that's going to go. I'm going with 7 or 8 wins here.

Spurs just lost to the Cavs. Wow.

We simply must be hungry for wins and nothing but. It can’t be about playing down to certain opponents, thinking we can turn it on and make huge runs every time.

We haven’t even reached a level where we can come into arenas with that mindset yet.

Before I read all the responses I went through those games one by one and I came up with 9 wins.

I just noticed there are 3 back to backs. The 2nd game of each involves travel. Also each B2B turns into a 3 games in 4 nights. So this schedule is a little harder than it appears.

I'm sticking with 9 wins. GO KINGS!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Now that's L'Optimism!

At least he stays true to his identity! :D To thine own self be true.....

Now that's L'Optimism!

Exactly what I came up with....9-5. They really need to beat CHA imo

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This is what I said on November 28 before the Nuggets game:

Regarding the schedule, the Kings have an opportunity to harvest many wins over the next 10 games:

Nuggets
Bulls
Trail Blazers
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Thunder
Knicks
Warrior
Hornets

The Spurs, Trail Blazers, and Warriors have fallen over the cliff. If you can't beat the dead, you're in trouble. I could see as high as 8-2 over those 10 games, with the low end of 6-4. IMO, a .500 record over this span would be very disappointing, especially because Bagley should add some punch toward the latter half of those 10 games.

The Kings have played seven games of the above schedule and are 4-3. The teams they lost to are arguably the worst teams of those seven games - Bulls, Portland, Spurs. For the Kings to get to 6-4 they need to win two games out of Knicks, Warriors and Hornets. They better win at least two or Kingster is going to be a major grump over Christmas. Not being a greedy person by any means :p I am going to predict the Kings go 6-4 over the above stretch of games.

Now, as far as the 14 game stretch outlined by this thread is concerned, I think the Kings will go 8-6. That means the Kings will have a record of 19-19 (that's .500 for Lakers' fans) after January 7.

Please let’s win the games we’re supposed to that’s all don’t over look teams like we’ve done crap, I’m looking at you Buddy.

I’m gonna say we go 8-6 with losses to Charlotte, Memphis, Indiana, Houston, and LaC. Just beat who we’re supposed to beat and we make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.