The MVP16/Bballkingsrock thread...

The league that I am in has 8 teams. Please tell me where I should improve in. I would love all your thoughts and ideas.These are the stat catagories:FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, A/T.
My Team:

Steve Francis
Ray Allen
Chauncy Billups
Donyell marshall
Tim Duncan
Zach randolph
Jamal Magloire
Eddy Curry
Richard Jefferson
Gerald Wallace
Ben Gorden
Keith van Horn
Marko Jaric

Who was your 2nd round pick? Ray Allen? He usually only goes in the 2nd in 12-14 team leagues. Man, for an 8 team league, you are in some serious trouble. If I'm being nice, you get a draft grade "D"

Going to need more points, ast, FGM, and FG%. Reb, blk, st, should be good. 3pm, 3p%, FTM and FT% will be okay. If you get a great year out of Steve Francis/Billups/Randolph you will have a chance to break top 4. Thats a stretch though, as Francis has been declining the last couple seasons and Randolph is still proving himself. Try and find a good assist guard who shoots the 3, like a Doug Christie, who will also give you FT%. Try and get another big scorer if you can too. All hope is not lost, but you got some work to do and need a little luck. Your season is definitely not doomed. Sorry for being harsh before.

M

MVP16

Rockmeister said:
Why is his team horrible? Care to explain?
u want an answer from me?

OK, here it goes.

Last year i was in a league w/ 11 dudes. If i named the ppl on my team u guys will say something along these lines, what the h**l, wtf, no way...

i will name few: keep in mind 11 players league!

Duncan
Peja
Shaq
Kid
Webber
Marbury
Marion
Yao
Lebron
Brand
carter
wallace
+ one more i cant remember who it was,

it also took me long time to get those players, i used my communication skills to obtain these players, trought numerous of trades.
As u can see most of these playeres were injured last year so i got them for cheep. Then once they or the otherones got healty i traded them for even better players.

ITs not just trading players, u have to know how to trade, not too look at the stats all the time and stuff like that.

ROckM no wonder it was u again, givin me tough time, u want more INFO, explanation? :rolleyes:

MVP16 said:
ROckM no wonder it was u again, givin me tough time, u want more INFO, explanation? :rolleyes:
How is it that I'm giving you a tough time? It was simply a question, nothing more, nothing less. By the way, I was NOT the only one that wanted an explaination.

M

MVP16

i was just kiddin, since u ask a lot of questions, as long as explanation goes, DO U NEED ANY more INFO? U wonna see my this years team?

MVP16 said:
i was just kiddin, since u ask a lot of questions, as long as explanation goes, DO U NEED ANY more INFO? U wonna see my this years team?
I don't think I ask alot of questions. If I need any more info, I'll ask. No need to be sarcastic.

M

MVP16

U NEED CENTEr, a good center.
u got too many guards and pf's

randolph and for a good center = yao, shaq, brand (if a center in this game, but proly not since he wasnt one last year) and even Brad mill

M

MVP16

use skill my friend, tell people what they want to hear. Dont just propose a trade. U have to work hard for it. Explain that u need a player (b/c he is your favorite/only center u got, or something along those lines) and that that is a reason u are trading.

it works thrust me!

MVP16 said:
use skill my friend, tell people what they want to hear. Dont just propose a trade. U have to work hard for it. Explain that u need a player (b/c he is your favorite/only center u got, or something along those lines) and that that is a reason u are trading.
sounds more like begging than skill ;)

M

MVP16

its not begging, its more like trickin people.
U tell them why they should accept the trade. Tell em help me to help u

M

MVP16

dude, haha so what, man this is like bussines, its like selling stock and stuff.

do some research on certain player and give him the info. Give him the statistic of the player u are giving him (ONLY GIVE GOOD STATS) for exampele dude doesnt have any PGS, so u tell him "i need center baddly and u need pg badly so lets trade"

here is a link "use this> http://www.nba.com/fantasy_games/fantasy04_120.html not the projections on yahoo, also forget about player names and how fameous they sounds, (two years ago marion was the best fantasy player)

M

MVP16

i dont know why tf did those dudes rate kirk so high, anyways he is better than KvH but overall they both suck. Kirk will give u more assists and good % while KvH will get u more rebounds and same % as kirk.

overall its the same shizzle! if u can try to get kirk since u might trade him latter on for a really good player (b/c of his high rank) Whats kVh rating?

M

MVP16

if u have eather one of those guys, TRADE EM

u can get realy good player for Kirk, b/c of his rating. he will get u assists but not many. if u need assitst, get a true PG. francis isnt one, as well as payton, marb, they are more of a shooting PG's/scorers. Nash, kid, parker, jaric (i can see him having a breakout year) his position is realy SG, but he will play PG for some stupid reason. That dude can pass the rock... plus he is easy to get (ranked 92, if u can try to get walker (reason: he plays for Atlanta= more playin time, more pts, reb, assitsts, and he is baddly ranked 38, by the end of this year he will be top 20)

MVP16 said:
Kirk will give u more assists and good % while KvH will get u more rebounds and same % as kirk.
When you say good % are you talking about FG %? Kirk shot like 38% last year probably might shoot around 42% this year. I hope thats not what you call good % if thats what you are talking about.

MVP16 said:
u can get realy good player for Kirk, b/c of his rating. he will get u assists but not many. if u need assitst, get a true PG.
and Kirk not getting you many assist? He averaged almost 7 per game last year. He was in the top 10 on assist per game.

Last edited: