The Key to the Kings Whole Season

for the kings to suceed this year, one key thing needs to happen...

Chris Webber needs to replace Vlade as the high post facilitator for the offense... webb has to fill vlade's role on the court, and then he will get his teammates respect and attention in the lockerroom, like vlade did... much like what he was doing in yesterdays game (Toronto) is perfect for the kings... he took over the exact same spot on the floor that vlade has occupied in the high post for the previous 6 years.... and he not only imitated vlade well in passing the ball, but scored more from that position than vlade ever did.... if cwebb continues to understand his limitations and his great value as a facilitator to the offense... everything will fall into place...

i believe that peja's discontent was based on his fear that webb would dominate the ball and not pass the ball... like he was doing at the end of last year... therefore, he did not like the direction of the team... but if webb can continue to play within himself, and realize he is just as valuable, if not more valuable as a facilitator, then the kings are well on their way to turning things around...

with webb operating the high post like vlade did, he can be looking at near triple-doubles day in and day out... and the cutting and the movement will return to the kings offense... also, i see a big improvement in the kings defense and hustle the last few days... which is a great sign!!!

GO KINGS!!!

piksi

Hall of Famer
kingsofnba said:
for the kings to suceed this year, one key thing needs to happen...

Chris Webber needs to replace Vlade as the high post facilitator for the offense... webb has to fill vlade's role on the court, and then he will get his teammates respect and attention in the lockerroom, like vlade did... much like what he was doing in yesterdays game (Toronto) is perfect for the kings... he took over the exact same spot on the floor that vlade has occupied in the high post for the previous 6 years.... and he not only imitated vlade well in passing the ball, but scored more from that position than vlade ever did.... if cwebb continues to understand his limitations and his great value as a facilitator to the offense... everything will fall into place...

i believe that peja's discontent was based on his fear that webb would dominate the ball and not pass the ball... like he was doing at the end of last year... therefore, he did not like the direction of the team... but if webb can continue to play within himself, and realize he is just as valuable, if not more valuable as a facilitator, then the kings are well on their way to turning things around...

with webb operating the high post like vlade did, he can be looking at near triple-doubles day in and day out... and the cutting and the movement will return to the kings offense... also, i see a big improvement in the kings defense and hustle the last few days... which is a great sign!!!

GO KINGS!!!
I do not think that Webber can replace Vlade's lockerroom presence.
Also I do not think that peja's discontent was based on his fear that webb would dominate the ball and not pass the ball. They played long enough together.
I think that Pedja just believes that this team is done and that Kings will not be able to resign him anyway because of being over salary cap.
If he continues to "suck" like in the most parts of the first 4 games - his trade value will decline to the level of Ron Artest so the trade will actually be possible. Then again - why would Kings want to deal with Ron Artest?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi - I mean absolutely no offense towards Vlade OR you but I hope Webber doesn't replace Vlade's presence in the locker room for the very simple reason that his kindly presence didn't get us squat...

If it's a little edgier in the locker room, I couldn't care less. I want to see more of what I saw last night - a cohesive team working HARD together to get the job done.

And, just for you, I've started another committee.

;)

piksi said:
I think that Pedja just believes that this team is done and that Kings will not be able to resign him anyway because of being over salary cap.
When the time comes salary cap or not, we could sign Pedja to a max deal if we wanted to. So, if this is what pedja is thinking, he should reread the collective bargaining agreement.

As an aside, most people beleive Ron Artest has a higher trade value then Pedja. I am unsure.

Heuge said:
As an aside, most people believe Ron Artest has a higher trade value then Pedja. I am unsure.
While Peja's struggling, at least he's still playing. I imagine that Artest's value is a bit lower that usual right at the moment, given that he's been given an unofficial 2-game suspension for unspecified reasons. He sat out last night's game and the Pacers till beat Minnesota. Artest: million dollar body, 10 cent head.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Heuge said:
When the time comes salary cap or not, we could sign Pedja to a max deal if we wanted to. So, if this is what pedja is thinking, he should reread the collective bargaining agreement.

As an aside, most people beleive Ron Artest has a higher trade value then Pedja. I am unsure.
Pedja has an agent who is aware his options. Are the Kings willing to offer yet an othr max considering that BJax is due that summer too. Ron Artest ia at the moment as valuable as Rick Fox.

VF21 said:
piksi - I mean absolutely no offense towards Vlade OR you but I hope Webber doesn't replace Vlade's presence in the locker room for the very simple reason that his kindly presence didn't get us squat...

If it's a little edgier in the locker room, I couldn't care less. I want to see more of what I saw last night - a cohesive team working HARD together to get the job done.

And, just for you, I've started another committee.

;)
I agree on all points. :)

And how do I get into that committee? :D jk.

Oh and I also agree with piksi when he commented about Peja's discontent. I really don't think it was concern about Webber's ball domination that led to that.