The Future Has Arrived!!!!- Meet Brittney Griner

Dunking is nice and all....;) But holee crap, did you see her be able to handle the ball? She's ginormous and can still dribble a ball not off her foot and out of bounds. Let me see her bulked up by the time she gets to college...and if she wants to be 6'10 by then, sweet!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Oh my! Be still my heart. The excitement already building will be really something in 2009. Here comes Baylor!

Here is what peaked my interest from the story:

"Size alone doesn't tell the tale of Brittney Griner. Size, combined with how fluid an athlete she is, blows the mind. She can beat most guards down the floor, and often tries to. Griner once ripped a rebound off the glass against the Alabama RoadRunners, dribbled the length of the floor and, with the crowd practically begging for an aerial exhibition, delivered a layup because she had to factor in a change of direction. She is nimble, rather than forceful, around the basket and not yet strong enough in the lower body to hold her ground against leveraged defenders or in the upper body to battle the multiple defenders who hang off her arms like extra appendages".

"Whatever the case, Griner is virtually certain to change the game. And, when women's basketball undergoes the Griner-induced explosion, Waco, Texas, will be Ground Zero. There, Griner will attend Baylor in the fall of 2009.

Wow !!!

Another winner of the genetic lottery ! It will be fun to see this youngster grow and develop ... much success and health and well being to her !!! Maybe a Monarch some day .... ahhhh ....

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, the kid is 6'8" and has an 80something inch reach and people STILL think the rims HAVE to be lowered in order for her to dunk....

:rolleyes:

She sure is trying to get to 6'10" by the time she gets to Baylor....go on Britt lol

THE FUTURE IS RIGHT NOW!!!

Congrats to B. Griner and Coach Mulkey for making the Final Four!!! Way ahead of schedule. Now beat UCONN and you become a household name and the face of Women's Basketball (College or Pro).