Thank You Petrie !

wow!

Last year tyreke, then the dally trade, now this DMC AND whiteside i cant believe it! this has to be our greatest draft ever im still in shock.

THANK YOU PETRIE!!!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I have been notoriously tough on Petrie over the last half decade. But there was a reason for it -- there was about a 5 year period there where Geoff did very little right. He just wasn't making moves that let you rebuild or win.

I started to change my tune last year because Geoff had started to change HIS tune. Still a remarkable turnaround. Now we got lucky tonight, but lucky or not, when our picks came up Geoff made the absolute right calls. And all of a sudden our future looks real bright.

So I, notorious Petrie detractor, add my post to a thank you Petrie thread.

I wanted Petrie out after the Miller/Salmons for Noci/cap space trade happened but...damn, can the man draft or what? Take away the Douby pick, and pretty much every single pick he's made has been gold. Damn.

Thanks Petrie, also check out his interview with Kings.com , he looks giddy and made a comment how this was the year were the planets aligned and everyone from the FO, fans and even the media wanted to pick Cousins.

Add Whiteside and our caproom we are going to be fun to watch.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The ironic thing is that Geoff did exactly what he always does, sit on his picks and pick the top guy available on our board. And it was flippin' awesome! I suppose a little luck was bound to come our way sooner or later.

Sacramento: Were we see your twin towers, and raise you quadruple towers!

Thank you Mr. GP.

..for taking going for that star instead of the safe pick in Monroe. Also thank you for doing your homework enough to know about Whiteside's game and snatched him up as soon as we got the chance. I have think that the reason Hassan slipped passed the 20s is because many GMs picking there didn't think he would be available and never worked him out or did their HW.

I have been notoriously tough on Petrie over the last half decade. But there was a reason for it -- there was about a 5 year period there where Geoff did very little right. He just wasn't making moves that let you rebuild or win.

I started to change my tune last year because Geoff had started to change HIS tune. Still a remarkable turnaround. Now we got lucky tonight, but lucky or not, when our picks came up Geoff made the absolute right calls. And all of a sudden our future looks real bright.

I agree. There was a long stretch on completely uninspiring moves that I think were summed up with the Mikki Moore signing.

But you get a franchise PG, a potential HOF talent and add some young tough pieces to the core with Casspi, Greene, and JT. You have built a playoff contending core.

Today was a monumental day in the franchise history. Its very unlikely we'll pick this high again. Depending on how the pieces fell and Petrie's decisions we could have been consigned to being merely a very good team, but not a true contender. Instead team need, luck and skill converged and we absolutely nailed it. Its amazing when it happens. Its extremely premature but we have a championship level core now. The wholes we had are filled with elite talent. Its just gotta come together. Should be fun.

Soooo, THANK YOU PETRIE!!

Ever since last offseason Geoff has been one of ( if not the best ) gm in the league.

Hire Westphal ( and more importantly our coaching staff, Westphal gets a lot of help ) Draft Evans, Casspi and Brockman. Trade for Dalembert, Draft Cousins and Whiteside. Petrie has been just about perfect lately. I hope this continues into the offseason. We dont need to spend a lot of money, or sign any long term deals. If we go into next season as is ( with the addition of a backup PG ) I think we'll all be happy.

Also, credit the Maloofs for giving the power back to Geoff.

We dont know how big of an influence they were during Petrie's run, but Im sure they didnt help. Especially when it came to choosing a new coach.

Thanks, Geoff.

Two straight lotto drafts and two straight of the toughest lotto players that translate well to the playoffs...someday.

Tyreke and Cousins make great bookends. Now comes the easy part - fill in the middle with some vets, outside shooting, and athletes.

YUP ! I feel all we need is a SG who could nail the 3 ( Casspi ) ?
morrow would be deadly with tyeke and cousins. but we also already have garcia and donte and casppi have shown the can stroke it, just need to get consistent. steve blake wouldn't be bad either. good shooter point gaurd. were eventually gonna need capspace to resign our young guys.

Thanks, Geoff Petrie. We can't know for sure how this will turn out, but I think you have chosen to risk aiming for the stars. Hopefully, the Kings and their fans will soon be riding the rocket to excitement again. :)

Ever since last offseason Geoff has been one of ( if not the best ) gm in the league.

Hire Westphal ( and more importantly our coaching staff, Westphal gets a lot of help ) Draft Evans, Casspi and Brockman. Trade for Dalembert, Draft Cousins and Whiteside. Petrie has been just about perfect lately. I hope this continues into the offseason. We dont need to spend a lot of money, or sign any long term deals. If we go into next season as is ( with the addition of a backup PG ) I think we'll all be happy.
Let's not forget the Martin for Landry trade. No one saw that coming and it's hard not to be happy with it.

I think some of the credit has to go to Westphal for helping change Petrie's tune. I think this was one of the things that Westphal said he wanted if he were to take this job.

To have such an instaneous shift in who we draft starting last year wasn't just done by Petrie alone. Either way, I'm glad Petrie agreed, and that we aer making the moves that we are.

Also, credit the Maloofs for giving the power back to Geoff.
This cannot be emphasized enough. Does anybody else think that its all too convenient that Geoff's metamorphasis from two-time EoY winner to Lame Duck GM to nascent genius again coincided all too conveniently with the Maloofs' level of meddling?

Props to the Maloofs for being hands off. Props to Petrie for knowing how to run a franchise.